Would You Like to Meet the “Mad Men” of PCH?

Two Publishers Clearing House employees who “invented” the PCH Prize Patrol are veteran advertising men. Over the years, Todd Sloane and yours truly have both seen a lot of Madison Avenue – the legendary birthplace of thousands of TV ad campaigns. But we are not literally “mad” men, and we didn’t come up with the Prize Patrol idea in bustling New York City but in the calmer suburban town of Port Washington where PCH was founded in 1953 and is still based.

Until 1989, PCH Sweepstakes winners were notified by phone that they had won big cash prizes. Todd thought an in-person surprise visit with the good news would generate extremely watchable TV commercial footage, and – boy! – was he right. For over 20 years now, major prize winners have been shocked by the PCH Prize Patrol knocking on the door with roses, balloons and –ta-dah! – The Big Check. And our TV ads featuring sweepstakes winning moments are classics of “reality TV.”

How would you like to meet the “mad men” of PCH? With this fall’s Prize Patrol Blitz – with 101 prizes of at least $10,000 in 101 towns and cities across the USA — the chances of a visit are better than you might think.

Of course, the first step to winning is to enter the PCH Sweepstakes. And online sweepstakes entry is easy at pch.com.

At pch.com you can also find out if the Prize Patrol is coming to your area. Play the PCH contest often — every day if you want – and improve your chances of winning. But the entry deadline is approaching fast, so don’t delay!

PCH Zip Sayer-balloons

Good luck!

Dave Sayer

Executive Director

PCH PRIZE PATROL

16 thoughts on “Would You Like to Meet the “Mad Men” of PCH?”

1. RUBY ARCHER says:

i’m still looking for the mad men, i hope i get to meet them i still need help do you ever get tired of hearing that. i’m sorry but i really do theres a building in carbon i want to buy to make a store i would fill so good if i could do that . see you? ruby archer

2. RUBY ARCHER says:

I HOPE THE MAD MEN WILL COME TO MY HOUSE .I AM STILL IN NEED OF HELP, I WILL NOT SPEND THE MONEY IN A BAD WAY I HAVE A LOT OF FRENDS AND FAMILY THAT NEEDS HELP. AND I WILL BE SO HAPPY IF I CAN HELP THEM.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU RUBY ARCHER

3. Jeff P says:

Yes i’m hoping the Mad Men will be Knocking at my door i need some money lol Very True ,i don’t lie. I even have a bit of mad men madness with my entries ive been sending in. I’m sure you see,Prize department. It’s all about winning.
    This Gigantic Fortune, will make my whole family’s life A Dream Come True Forever!
    The contest is about to end soon and i just hope i can be the 2010 Publishers Clearing House SuperPrize $10 Million Dollar Lucky Winner.
    All Respect to everyone at PCH.
    Now, I’m Ready to be in the Winners Circle!
    and the luckest person in the world when it happens!

4. Roas Chhim says:

I want to win ten million dollars!

5. Jeff P says:

WOW!!! IT’S DECEMBER ALREADY, WE WANT TO MEET THE MAD MAN, EVEN MORE THEN SANTA THIS DECEMBER.
    HOPEFULLY MY MAD MEN ENTRIES WILL MATCH UP TO ONE OF THE SUPERPRIZES, IT’LL BE A JOLLY OLE TIME!

6. JEFF PETREE says:

WELL FROM WHAT IVE READ I KNOW THE MAD MEN ARE GOOD PEOPLE. WITH BIG CHECKS AND SUPERPRIZES,AND YOUVE MADE PEOPLE VERY RICH.
    SO COME ON OVER ANY TIME! MAKE OUR DREAMS ALL COME TRUE..THE SOONER THE BETTER, ALSO, I THINK YOU’LL LIKE ME AND MY WIFE KATHIE TOO LOL