Emotional Publishers Clearing House Moment for Florida Prize Winner

Florida resident Ronald Burton went to work that day expecting it to be just like any other day of the week. Suddenly, he was called to his manager’s office. “I thought, ‘Why does he want to see me immediately?’ I thought I was in trouble,” he revealed after it was all over. Little did he know the PCH Prize Patrol was waiting behind the conference room door.

“The first thing I saw was a camera in my face and then the Big Cardboard Check turned backward,” Burton said. “Then I saw the man in the jacket and I was like, ‘Oh my goodness!’”

The famous prize award team had first gone to the Publishers Clearing House winner’s home and surprised his wife, with a $10,000 check. She then took them to Burton’s place of employment.

“I looked over and saw my wife, and there were tears coming out of her eyes. It was a heck of an experience. It came at a perfect time with Christmas around the corner and the way the economy is and everything,” he said. The cash prize money will allow them to pay bills and have plenty left over for some fun.

Each sweepstakes winning moment is unique. What kind of an experience do you think your “PCH Moment” would be, if you won?

Waiting to hear from you,

Deborah Holland

Executive Vice President

Publishers Clearing House (PCH)

8 thoughts on “Emotional Publishers Clearing House Moment for Florida Prize Winner”

1. Michael Pascone says:

I would love to buy a house for me and my family.We. have always been renters So that wouud be a different for us living the american dream.I would also like to be able to help the less.fortunate people and children who haven’t had there wishes come true.like donate to the children’s make a wish foundation.Etc.

2. Visitation tano says:

If I won,I’m going back home and see my grand father,sigh my grand ma are not here anymore. I miss her badly.and I wanna see my grandpa befor it’s too late and I wanna fix his lil.house and buy him a wheelchair.and buy them stuck of rice so that they won’t eat casaba or crops all the time.and maybe I will try to find my mom haven’t seen her in 20 years

3. These stories are so sad i also have one but ill keep it to myself because Im still crying about about the stories ive just read they really really touched my heart. God bless you guys

4. Tracy Schoettle says:

My boyfriend is disabled and I have become disabled in the last 3 years. I would like to buy us a small home in the country and a truck.Some of the money would go to children with disabilities.I would also donate some to homeless vets.After that I don’t know what I would do because I have never had too much money.

Lake Panasoffkee,Fl

5. Elaine Dyer says:

to be 1 in 1,750,000 isn’t a reality to me, but I keep entering,as it keeps my mind off of the tragities that have happened in the past 8yrs. On 9/11, I lost my only son Thomas Nicholas Pecorell. He was a passenger on American Airlines Flt. 11, which was the first to be flown into the World Trade Center. My life as it was before that day has ended. He was married 1 month less of his 2nd Wedding Aniversary, and they were expecting their first child, a child he was so very happpy about. Fortunately, his wife did not go on that trip to Boston, and my 13th grand child was born 6 months later, he is 7 yrs old now.
    The second tragity was June 25th when my youngest daughter and son-in law lost their only son Cory,(my grandson) who was 18 yrs.old at the time he was brutally murdered.
    My dream insted of nightmares is to be able to help my youngest daughter by paying their bills, as she is working 2 jobs to help support her family. She has a wonderful, smart daughter (my grand-daughter, who has been given a paid scholorship, to attend college. Thank God. Their is so much I could say about Lisa, my daughter, and her courage, wonderful outlook on life, regardless of what she is going through, and always there for me, as I try to be for her.
    I would like to have a Memorial in my son’s name to save the endagered Animals in this World. On of the passionate quality’s, beside his love for his family, was the of all living things on this earth, he believed that all living things have the right to pusue their paticular paths toward happiness without the threat of destriuction or interferance by others. He insisted that all creatures deserve the chance to live as free from fear as possible and that only in the most necessary cases of self-defense were acts of violence justifiable.
    If their is nything left for me I would like a small condo, because my son’s widow is paying my rent, and I don’t want to be a burdin to her anymore.
    These are my Dreams
    Sincerly,
    Tom’s mother

6. Fawnda says:

If I won,I would buy a house for myself and for my mother. I would also donate money to wildlife rescue organizations to prevent certain species of animals from becoming extinct. I would put the rest of money in savings,and use it wisely!

7. useme gblock says:

i moved to florida or out west so i can win hold it i have to win first well that leaves me out. give me a break with the last comment tell the truth what u would really do if u won.

8. arnel says:

i well buy a house, car, visit the hospital if i won a 1 million…