PCH ‘Winning Moments’ last 20 years and more

On our recent PCH Prize Patrol trip to Texas to surprise Colette Wallace with a Big Check for $10,000, I found myself just a short distance away from the site of a “classic winning moment”: the home of John and Barbara Cotter, winners of a Million Dollar SuperPrize back in November 1990.  So a return non-surprise visit was “a must.”

If any winner takes the prize for keeping in touch with the Prize Patrol over the years it’s John Cotter.  We have talked countless times on the phone, exchanged greeting cards and emails, gotten updates on their married daughter Andrea and her growing family, and congratulated John and Barbara on their Golden Wedding anniversary not long ago.

Soon after the Cotters won, they came to Publishers Clearing House’s headquarters in Port Washington, NY for a gala “winners weekend.”  Our employees gathered to meet the lucky couple as we screened video highlights of our visit to their Texas home.  There was a festive luncheon followed by a limo tour of Manhattan’s sights, an haute cuisine dinner, then a Broadway show (the then-smash “Les Miserables”) and a suite at a deluxe hotel.  Not too long after that the Cotters joined us for a big Texas-style winners’ jamboree of PCH Millionaire-winners at a ranch outside Dallas.

It was a joy to reunite with the Cotters at their home and reminisce about that memorable day when we came to call, when Barbara — nursing the flu in bed — came to the door with little grandson Christian who was dressed in a little Batman shirt. (Now, fully grown and a prize-winning singer, Chris is pursuing an operatic career in New York.)  Barbara just about fainted when she saw us with roses, balloons, champagne and a Big Check that declared John a “$1 Million SuperPrize Winner.”  That “winning moment” has appeared in many a PCH TV commercial over the years.   John remains very thankful that he had the good sense to enter our fabulous sweepstakes a few weeks before our visit.  Best of all he says the prize has enabled them to help their family in ways they could not have done otherwise.

Unlike the first time when Barbara answered the door in a nightgown, on this visit she was beautifully prepared and greeted me as if I were family.   And in a way I guess we are.  We have a huge family of winners nowadays, and it’s always a thrill to welcome someone new.

How about you?  Would you like to “join the family”?   You can start by entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes right now.  Just click on this link to pch.com.  And enter every chance you get.  That way you’ll have a more chances of winning – and welcoming the Prize Patrol to your door.

Good luck!

Dave Sayer
Executive Director
PCH PRIZE PATROL

9 thoughts on “PCH ‘Winning Moments’ last 20 years and more”

1. Lily Skinner says:

Hello Mr. Dave Saye!
    Isn’t it Nice to know that People are Still CHEERING you on!!!
    We Thank You so very much!!!
    Love you guys!!!

2. colette wallace says:

Amazing and wonderful! Certainly Dave’s make the past and future prize recipients flabergasted when he hands the check to them especially unexpected. Besides helping those people to ease their financial burden and make them a believer of PCH to make their dreams come true it made their bank accounts hefty. Some winners help others with their needs after they become instant millionaire. That’s what Dave’s job very interesting and fulfilling.It makes people think that God is good to them and dreams with ardent wishes do come true. God bless Dave, the PCH staff and all the people who made this event possible.

3. Samson M says:

God Bless you Dave, I can’t wait to meet you!

4. Noura Nthela says:

Hi, i know today is the deadline entry for Ulta Combo Prize ,i hope to be lucky this time and finally be the next winner on november 30 ,and meet you Mr Dave Sayer with your Prize Patrol Team ,really you will be very welcome at my home ,thank you guys for everything you doing to make people happy (GOD BLESS YOU PCH)

From:Noura Nthela
    Peabody MA

5. Nancy Sexton says:

We’re sure there’s a whole slew of exciting vintage winning moments, but one of these days I would like to be taken back to PCH’s early beginnings – to how it all began!! Maybe a future history blog, then?
    It IS nice to know PCH keeps in touch with the past winners! ‘Cause winning any sum DOES change lives for the better, and it is nice to know the many ways we can make a difference in anybody’s life!
    Me, if I were to win, let me show just how God can use it, to make a WHOLE lot of difference in ALOT of lives!! It would be SO AMAZING, ’cause He IS!!!
    God Bless everyone and PCH!!!
    NKS

6. SHALA EASON says:

How awesome to hang out at PCH headquarters. I would love having the pleasure of joining the PCH family and exploring new heights. I get excited to think it all begins with a knock on the door:)

7. Teresa Watson says:

I still believe! Have a safe journey guys.

8. ln11 Lisa N says:

Hi all!
    Dave thanks, please count me in & for your jamboree too!?

This songs for you.. I thought of it while reading the blog^! ..& not sure if you have even heard it but you get the picture right;)?!
    I found the lyrics w/ PCH s&w!

“I wanna see y’all who wanna plan with me
    Wave your hands across the land if we family
    Say hot damn hot damn we wanna jamboree
    This is for my peeps here I stand for you cause you stand for me”

hahaha
    Jamboree Lyrics
    Artist: Naughty By Nature

Good luck to all! I hope that we are all winners one day…someday?…
    Best of health!
    xoxo

9. sounds WONDERFUL, ive Entered and would LOVE to be Added to the Large Family of PCH WINNERS LIST! :)