Does $1000 Prize Winner Owe Win to Buddhist Chant?

Before he was a $1000 PCHSearchandWin Prize Winner,  Richard R. From Nashua, NH used PCHSearchandWin “most every day” for almost 4 years! After being contacted by the PCH Winner Outreach Program, Richard shared his experience leading up to his winning moment in the following story:

“A few days before I won the PCH Search contest, I told Leslie (my sweetheart girlfriend) that I wished I had some Money to give my son who is having trouble finding work that will allow him to take care of his family. On the morning that I played and won, I called Leslie to the computer and said, “Give me word and bring me luck.” She thought for just a few seconds and said, “sunset.”   I typed it in and the message offering me congratulations popped up.

She replied, “I know why you won.” “Why?” I questioned. She answered, “Because I chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo last night while holding compassion for both you and Randy.  I knew how much you wanted to help him if you only had the money. Unlike me, Leslie practices Buddhist traditions and was convinced that this chant that comes from the title of the Lotus Sutra was instrumental in my win.

Whether it was the chanting, the meeting of chance and fate, or just the fact that I had played SearchandWin so many times over the years with hope of winning that my determination alone tipped the odds in my favor . . .I did, finally, win a prize, and that was the best surprise of all. I would like to say that I put it toward a trip to an exotic island, but I had many bills to pay and was grateful for the financial help at that time.”

What do you think of Richard’s prize winner story? Comment below!

The “Prize” Queen

32 thoughts on “Does $1000 Prize Winner Owe Win to Buddhist Chant?”

1. Flordeliz Matunhay says:

I also want to win a lotto.I dedicate when I will be a winner half of the prize I will expand my SGI Culture Center In Cebu City Phils.and the rest for my familys future and for my kids.I do chanten 1 to 3am to win a lottery.hehe.I really felt that I will be the next winner.

2. marion samarripa says:

I can’t even imagine meeting a winner

3. I wish my dreams. Would come true thnx to pch I pray my dreams come true.I just don’t believe dreams come true.

4. It is now May 7, 2011 and I am trying very,very,very, hard to play and win your PCH SWEEPSTAKES, so I will just keep on playing until my time comes I thank Deborah Holland for her message that she had sent me. Love you all, marilynh89

5. Misty L. Bechtol says:

OOOHHHH PCH,

That’s as far as my chant will go! I not sure about chanting a request over-n-over-n-over, BUT I will admit I DO THINK about my winning ALOT :) :)
    In ’95, 6 months after I graduated, I went to our local Collage to register, and later that day, I was taking some friends home, and got into an accident. I was in a Coma for 3 1/2 months.
    Um, my SSI got changed to SSDI, and cut by 3/4ths, after I got Married, so now all I get is 3$379 a months, and my husband works in Comstruction, and he brings in JUST enough money to cover our bills each month, but then adding ALL my medical bills that I’m still bringing in, I would LOVE, abosoultly LOVE to win this, because to pay my parents back, because they are being GREAT parents, who of course pay for my bills, but then as HARD as it is to earn monty these days, it’s hard on them as well, so they’ve started adding it up and we’re trying to pay it back, SO PLEASE could you help me by letting me win??
    BUT I’ve noticed that all the winners I’ve seen are elderly, er older than me, and it looks like there pretty much setteled, nice homes, nice neighborhoods, and I live in a Trailor park, and yes before I was Married I DID buy from PCH pretty frequently, and now with money being SO tight I’m sorry I can’t buy from you anymore. :(
    Another thing I would LOVE about winning this is it would take me off of my State’s tax, so they wouldn’t have to pay for me anymore, and I CAN SEE how much GOOD I could DO for others, so another thing I’m ASKING for help with!!

Mrs. Misty L. Bechtol

PS
    Yes, I know that your picking winners IS totally by chance, NOT done by looking at all your enterants and seeing who deserves it, so I guess GOOD LUCK TO US ALL :) :)

6. ruby archer says:

it would be the first time in my life that i would have the chance to win a big prize, it would be a dream come true,im really glad to have the chance. ruby archer god bless all of you

7. ruby archer says:

i am praying to win i really do need to win real bad, there is so much i want to buy my son which would make it easier on both of us, i don’t have any help.i played the lottery earlier today, they won’t let me play it again, i wish i would know.if i had a chance, god bless all of you for giving people a chance to win. you are special people. ruby archer

8. GINA SAPORITI PRIZE PATROL ELITE ETERNAL DREAMER says:

what dreams May come?

ONLY TIME WILL TELL……

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM WITH ME…

9. GINA SAPORITI says: