PCHgames Celebrates Flag Day with Tips and BONUS TOKENS!
Say hello, and give a great big salute, to the Red, White and Blue with PCHgames! That’s right, today is Flag Day. So, in honor of this grand, often-forgotten American holiday, PCHgames is giving you 1000 BONUS TOKENS the first time you log in today, June 14th! Now you’ll have even more tokens which you can redeem for chances to win great prizes in big money sweepstakes. So, let’s hear it for Flag Day, and PCHgames! Yay!
I’ve always felt that Flag Day was one of those holidays that many people don’t know too much about. Obviously, the American Flag is flown high and proud on the same day each year. But, sometimes I don’t even remember that it’s Flag Day until I’m outside and see all the flags blowing softly in the breeze, which makes me feel kind of guilty. That’s why I thought I would take the opportunity in this PCHblog post to share some interesting facts about Flag Day history and give you some flag-flying tips – since there are many other American holidays where we proudly display “old glory,” it just might come in handy!
Our glorious flag symbolizes independence, equality, freedom and unity as a nation. The 13 stripes represent the 13 original colonies, with the white stripes symbolizing purity and innocence, the red stripes symbolizing hardiness, courage and the blood that was shed to create a free nation, with the blue field representing perseverance and determination in this struggle. Each white star represents each state of our union, and whenever a new state has been added – with Hawaii being the last – the new state star is added the following Fourth of July. In its entirety, our “good ol’ Red, White and Blue” stands (or should I say, flies) for equality and freedom! So, always fly the American flag high and proud! Here are a few tips:
- Typically, you can fly the flag from sunrise to sunset.
- If you want to fly the flag at night, it should always have a light shining on it.
- After a tragedy, the flag should always be flown at half-staff (on land), half-mast (at sea) for 30 days.
- Always fold the flag before storing. Never just crumple it and put it in a drawer.
- Since there is so much more information on this American “high-flyer,” visit PCHSearch&Win at search.pch.com and see what other interesting tidbits you can find about the flag and Flag Day. And, hey, you might even win a cash prize instantly, simply for searching!
If you haven’t flown your flag yet, today, hurry! You want to get to PCHgames as fast as you can to celebrate Flag Day with us and get your 1000 BONUS TOKENS simply for registering. (It’s only for today.) And, these are in addition to the Token Bonus Wheel instant-tokens you can earn! Plus, each day PCHgames give you a chance to win up to $500.00 instantly! Hey, you could buy a new flag with that!
Remember to leave your comments below and visit our Fan page on Facebook. We always like hearing from you!
Happy Flag Day!