PCH: Changing Lives For The Better … And Saving Lives, Too!

Did You Know?

1 out of every 3 people will require a life-saving transfusion sometime during their lifetime.

Someone in this country needs a life-saving transfusion every 3 seconds.

4.5 million Americans benefit from life-saving blood transfusions each year.
(Statistics provided by the New York Blood Center)

Here at the Publishers Clearing House world headquarters in scenic Port Washington, NY, we work together to bring you amazing winning opportunities that can change lives for the better! But earlier this month, PCH employees gathered for an endeavor that could actually save lives ― our annual blood drive!

In the early hours of October 6th, representatives from our local blood center arrived at our offices, filled our cafeteria with equipment and quickly got to work to accommodate more than 100 PCH employees scheduled to give blood!  If you had been there, you would have seen a familiar face ― Prize Patrol Elite member Danielle Lam! As one of the drive captains, Danielle recruited many employees for the event and was on hand most of the day!

Hours later, a grand total of 95 pints of blood were collected which will help nearly 300 recipients in our local community.  Now that’s a day well-spent!  Here’s what some PCH’ers had to say about the experience:

“I am so lucky to be a member of the PCH Prize Patrol Elite Team where I get to travel the country and change people’s lives – it is so heartwarming!  Donating blood gives me that same feeling.  The thought that I can save someone’s life by donating blood is extremely rewarding.”   ― Danielle Lam, PCH Blood Drive Captain

Danielle Lam

“Another successful PCH blood drive.  A special thanks to all the kind hearted PCH employees who made a difference today!” ― Bryan T., PCH Blood Drive Captain

Danielle and Bryan

“If I’m getting it for free how can I say no – I can save lives!”  ― Matt K

Danielle and Matt

“I’m always happy to give when I can, especially blood. All it takes is a slight pinch and 15 minutes. Who knew saving lives could be this easy?” ― Rich K.

“It was my first time giving blood, so I was nervous, but it felt great knowing that my blood could make a difference in someone’s life.”  ― Victoria Zimmerman

“I give blood to help those in need. Never know how many lives one person could save! Plus, down the road you never know what may happen. I may need blood one day so I hope someone would be willing to give to save my life!”  ― Danielle B.

“A few years ago, what I enjoyed most about going out on Prize Patrol was I knew I contributed to improving someone’s life with giving away prize money.  Once again, I had that same great feeling when I donated blood at work, only this time, I contributed to saving someone’s life.  Both experiences were equally rewarding.”  ― Susan S.

“I wouldn’t expect quality “Customer Service” at a Blood Drive, but the technician who took care of me really went the extra mile — making sure I was doing okay, giving me the rundown after that I should eat cookies (yay!) — he even saw me in the parking lot at lunchtime and asked me, by name, how I was doing.  I’m glad I could make a difference thanks to people, like this technician, who devote their lives to making a difference every single day!” Laurel U.

Friends, are you inspired to give blood and make a difference? Why not use PCHSearch&Win to find your local blood center?  Please drop us a note in the comments section below! We’d love to hear from you!

Have a great day!
Danielle Lam and Elaina R.

20 thoughts on “PCH: Changing Lives For The Better … And Saving Lives, Too!”

1. Valeria Anne Sanchez says:

yes,its the fact life comes first. If your truly could changes something what could you do today? I know that I pray everyday that life could be for the better soon. I know as mother can’t makes things changes over night. But I hope that gifts of hope would happened to share. I life comes from Heart Of God. The Answer of thinks is Possible in Jesus Christ Hands

2. Ben Villines says:

I too give reg. in the college town I moved from they used the plasma for AIDS research. Who knew 15 min. of your time can literally save someone’s life. You guys are the greatest…. Life not only prizes

3. ANNAH WILLIE says:

PCH I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT KNOWING YOU SAVED ME FROM A LOT OF THINGS AND I HOPE I CAN SOMEDAY RETURNE THE FAVOR YOUR FRIEND

4. ANNAH WILLIE says:

SAVING LIVES IS A GREAT THING TO DO I WISH I WAS THERE I WOULD DO THE SAME THING LORD KNOWS THAT EVERY TIME I GO TO THE HOSPITAL THAY TAKE ENOUGH FROM ME TO DO TEST THAT IF THAY WOULD PUT IT TOGEATHER MINUS WHAT THAY SPILL ON THE FLOOR IT MIGHT SAVE A LOT OF LIVES SO KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WHO ARE DONATING AT THE BLOOD DRIVE.

5. Jasmine White says:

It is always great to hear positive things that our everyday people are doing to help out other people in this WORLD!! It is even more great when we have people that some of us consider celebrities doing positive things in this WORLD!! whats better than giving some BLOOD or ORGANS!!!

6. kristina bryson says:

it is cool to give blood it is a good cause

7. Monica White says:

I thank God Like you to donate blood, I have LEUKEMIA and this is a hard pill to swallow. I’ve had a Bone Marrow Transfusion in 1997, and this was very painful, but God has blessed me with people like you that is willing to help to donate or be tested for a match. I would like to thank you for careing, and to all that is looking for the big win, May God Bless you all with the best of LUCK!! I know first hand what its like to decide how to make it every month, with bills or a choice pay all my bills or what I can because I have a choice medication or food. I pray that something is done w/the health care plan- its very hard living on a set income and you’ve Pawn everything, that now I’m thinking what I can sell in my apartment to make ends meet. So, Good Luck to All, and May God Bless you all with the best of luck-I also would like to thank Publishing Clearing House for giving us hope, and making people put a great SMILE on there face.

8. Kanika Loeung says:

In the past eight year ago I was pregnant my third child during nine month due date but Doctor said my baby did not moved at all,so Doctor decided to let my baby born because we could not waited any more .After she was born very quickly than Doctor
    thought,her weight was nine pound and I got loss a lot of blood plus I had low blood pressure(my previous medical condition were thyroid gland and blood clot at the same time).My skin became yellow Doctor asked me to take blood transfusion but we did not give answer back to Doctor and my skin became more yellow then Doctor made her own decisions to gave blood transfusion to me.It was really really save my life! I would appreciate to people who care to given themselves blood to help me and others in need!

9. Deborah Weise says:

Thank You for your blood donating!