Publishers Clearing House Makes Giving Back Rewarding!

A little act of kindness can make a big difference AND be very rewarding!

Just ask Laurie Venegas! She won $5,000.00 cash from the Publishers Clearing House “Give Back” Giveaway.

She's no stranger to caring for her community and to entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes (she's been entering loyally since she was 18 years old). So when Laurie saw "The Give Back,” she just had to participate.

This special charity event had folks vote on the PCH Fan Page for the charity they felt should win a big PCH donation. Fans could vote for the following charitable organizations:

STANDUP FOR KIDS (with 21,533 votes)

ASPCA (with 16,538 votes)

OPERATION HOMEFRONT (with 14,660 votes)

Laurie, like so many other Fan Page members, made a difference when she voted for her favorite charity. The charity with the most votes was awarded $25,000.00 and the two runners up were awarded $2,500.00 each!

Laurie was happy to vote for her favorite charity and thrilled to have won the $5,000.00 cash prize.

"I am a real estate broker and with the way the market has been this could not have come at a better time for me," she said.

"I voted for Military Families (Operation Homefront), but all of the charities are very deserving," Laurie said.

Publishers Clearing House has, even from the very first year it was founded by the Mertz family in 1958, been dedicated to funding charitable institutions. And today the Mertz philanthropic spirit lives on with nearly half of PCH's profits going to benefit charitable causes ranging from the arts to social services to the environment.

Though the charity that Laurie voted for, OPERATION HOMEFRONT, did not take the most votes, it was still awarded $2,500.00 cash. That cash will help continue some very important work, indeed.

Thank you to all who voted!

Happy Holidays,

Elliott M.

9 thoughts on “Publishers Clearing House Makes Giving Back Rewarding!”

1. ln11 Lisa N says:

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS to you Laurie!! & thanks for voting on your fav. charity!
    I’m not currently on FB so I was unable cast my vote this time! however I really do “like” the idea and think that it’s great how PCH allows us common folks to assist with their “Giving Back” to the community!
    tks.

2. Brenda Hodge says:

Who won the $10,000.00 shopping spree on December 17?????? It was suppose to be posted on the fanpage but I never saw it.

1. Victoria At PCH Victoria At PCH says:

Hi Brenda,

Linda Knisley of Fort Myers, FL won the $10,000.00 on December 17. You can see her photo with Dave Sayer on the PCH Fan Page.

Victoria At PCH

3. Maureen Sousa says:

I personally voted MOST of my votes for that ASPCA,( I have a special connection to all the abandoned animals out there, as I have adopted a few in my years & know that there are SO many that are in need) but did vote also for Stand up for Kids.

Congrats to them & ALL that won some money for their cause!!!
    Also congats to Laurie..

A Very Merry Christmas to ALL..

Maureen

P.S. My adopted kitty Bailey is in the hospital right now with acute pancreatitis.. my only gift from Santa that I am asking for will be to get him better & bring him back home for Christmas!!!

4. Lauralee Hensley says:

Congratulations to Laurie. I’m sure the win made her Christmas a little brighter.

5. kanika loeung says:

If I become a Millionaire I will help myself and my siblings’ family (including 10 nieces and nephew) financially for their education and future.
    I would also be able to donate to charities and other countries to help people who are living in situations more worse than I am living in.
    When I was young, my father and I used to donate some money to people who were homeless because my father was a major general in the army so we had money to help these people. Now my father was missing we’re unknown where was he?
    I wish to win $1 Million so I would be able to help people like I did when I was young.

6. IT SURE WOULD BE A BLESSET HONOR TO REALLY SEE IF I CAN WINTHE $1 MILLION EVERY YEAR FOR LIFE! ON FEBRUARY 29TH, 2012. IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO CELEBRATE A LATE CHRISTMAS. I ALSO THEN WILL BE ABLE TO PAY OFF ALL OF MY BILLS & MAKE SURE THAT I CAN PUT SUM AWAY FOR A REAINY DAY. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL & TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

7. Maureen Skelly says:

I’m so happy!! Congrats to Stand u for kids!! :) Merry Christmas!!

8. maria estrella baccay platecki says:

CONGRATS STAND FOR KIDS YOU DESERVED US WINNER CAUSE EVRYDAY I VOTED YOUR CHARITY I KNOW THAT KIDS IS OUR NEXT GENERATION.I AM VERY PROUD TO PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE YOU CHOOSE MY CHARITY AS WINNER ANYTIME WHAT HAPPENED I AM STILL HERE TO VOTE AND HELPING THEM.THE ONLY I WISH IS TO WIN SO THAT I AM WILING TO DONATE THE CHARITY WHEN MY KIDS LIVE THERE BEFORE.NOW I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE KIDS INSTEAD THEY ARE IN THE STREET THEY FOUND A PLACE WHERE THEY LIVE.LETS GO CHEERS STAND UP FOR THE KIDS,MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR,GOD BLESS YOU