PCH Company Growth and Shift to Play and Win Entertainment

From play and win entertainment to exciting consumer products, PCH’s company growth has been amazing!

At the start of every new year, I reflect on years past and see how much has changed, usually for the better. I’ve done this every year I’ve worked for PCH, and now that I’m nearing my five year anniversary, it’s amazing to recount all the company growth.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for Deborah Holland, PCH Executive Vice President, who has been with our company for over 30 years. Well it just so happens she’s given us an inside look at the transformation of PCH from a single channel, single-product line direct marketer — to a multi-channel provider of digital play and win entertainment and marketer of consumer products — in a new article out in Direct Marketing News (DM News), one of our industry’s leading trade publications.

Some of what is discussed in DM News you might already know from reading this blog. Like how PCH is shifting from airing live TV broadcasts of sweepstakes winning moments to streaming the videos of PCH winners on PCHtv.com. Or how our Prize Patrol members tweet live updates from the road. But I bet you didn’t know that our PCH Facebook fans actively discuss PCH seven times as much as fans of Budweiser, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! I’m sure even Debbie couldn’t have imagined that kind of company growth when she first walked through the doors of Publishers Clearing House in 1979.

But perhaps she did – after all, she’s been instrumental at nearly every step in PCH’s company growth. And boy, has it grown! From the traditional “Slots” scratch cards that were sent out in the mail — to free online play and win games that feature sound effects, animation and instant online redemptions. From magazine subscriptions only — to an ever-expanding product line of household goods, health and beauty items, pet, food, and children’s products that appeal to consumer special interests. The list goes on and on.

You can find the complete DM News article about PCH’s company growth right here. And as you know, the exciting play and win opportunities and consumer products mentioned above are all at pch.com and our other PCH websites, like PCH Games, PCH Search and Win and PCH Lotto. Check them out!

As for me, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2012 and the years ahead. One thing’s for sure: PCH’s company growth is nowhere near done. And I have a feeling it’s going to continue to be amazing!

Amanda C.

PCH Creative

21 thoughts on “PCH Company Growth and Shift to Play and Win Entertainment”

1. SUSIE RIOPELLE says:

pch,,, i would like to thank you and all your crew for giving us all a chance to have our wish and dream come true,pch is so awesome i like to keep people positive and let them know enter everyday,the key is when you believe you can achieve anything in life,,,,,,never give up,,,,,

2. Georgina Turner says:

Amanda C. PCHCreative: Thank you for sharing a great story about Deborah Holland, PCH Executive Vice President.
    Congratulations on your winning formula! I think it’s wonderful that you have been with PCH for 30 years. It’s amazing to see the growth of PCH that I have personally seen over the years from mail-in entry’s to the internet. Thank you Deborah Holland for helping to make PCH the best company it can be.

3. rebecca owens says:

looks like elevator.i got a letter this year with a gold seal,does that mean im on the list?ive never got one before so im really excited that i received one.

4. Linda Hazard says:

I got hacked with PCH website. People be careful when you click on their many pop ups. My email is ruined.

5. kanika loeung says:

Publisher Clearing House Sweepstakes is the best sweepstakes company in the world! No matter what the result is and no matter how the period of time will be, I will still continue to enter Sweepstakes. I’ve never complained what entry it was.
    I would like to say thank you to the vice President and PCH Staff who gives me an opportunity to enter multiple sweepstakes.

6. retha adams says:

ALL I CAN SAID YOU ALL AS GOT IT GOING ON AND I LOVE IT.KEEP IT UP.

7. Carlene Robinson says:

Mrs. D. Holland, Hats off to you for being awesome at what you do,for doing it for so many years,thru adversity and many challenges that made you a seasoned pro at PCH and showing all of us you can make a difference,be dedicated and you can be durable. Thank You.

8. HELLO DAVE SAYER , ALL THREE FAMOUS TEAMS PCH & PRIZEPATROL ,

WE HERE IN MANSFIELD , OHIO , OUR LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU . THERE WILL BE A BIG CELEBRATE HERE . WELCOME IN MANSFIELD , OHIO MY ARMS OPEN FOR U ALL . THANK YOU , KATHYANN SCOTT

9. Nancy Sexton says:

Consider it all joy and certainly a blessing to have growth in these dire economic times we’re in!!

God bless everyone and always thanks to the PCH family for all of these exciting sweepstakes!! (It keeps life interesting!)

NKS

10. PCH .Thank you for everything what you do for people.Live forever never end.