A PCH “Behind The Scenes” Look At John Prince!

Behind The Scenes with The Man, The Myth, The Legend…My Dad, John Prince!

Hey there, readers! It’s Kristin P. You may have met me on the PCHSearch&Win blog back in June when I was first beginning my summer internship at PCH. I’ve had such a good time and it’s hard to believe that I’ll be heading back to college in just a few days. Before I go, I would like to take you behind the scenes and introduce you to somebody who is VERY special to me. You may have seen his name sprawled across the bottom of letters or in your email inbox. I’m talking about John Prince, Chief Marketing Officer… but I simply call him, “Dad.”

Dad has been working at PCH since before I was born…a whole 27 years! Why so long? Says Dad, “Basically, because it’s a great place to work; I love the people I work with and I am very fortunate to be doing the kind of work I really enjoy.” After working here, I couldn’t understand more!

Dad’s been pretty busy over the past 27 years, having held various roles in the company. Currently, he oversees marketing efforts related to selling products and magazines. If you like the products PCH offers, like Orgreenic frying pan or Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, then thank Dad’s Product Mix team, as well as the Product Sourcing department who work hard to choose and offer you products you’ll like.

So what’s his favorite product PCH has ever sold? When I asked him this, he said, “My favorite products are the ones that sell the best!” I should have known he’d give a witty answer, he’s a funny guy! He did gush about his favorite food items PCH offers, however. He said, “PCH sells many different food items and I have to say it’s great that I get to sample them before we offer them to the public. I particularly enjoy chocolate covered pecans, Boardwalk Crunch, Cashew Crunch, and English toffee. There’s no question I have a major sweet tooth”— I guess I got mine from him!

As there’s been a lot of buzz about the “Forever” Prize, I asked him his thoughts on it. He told me, “Our Promotional Development team, led by Debbie Holland and Todd Sloane, is always coming up with new ideas to keep our sweepstakes promotions fresh, and the “Forever” Prize has resonated very well with our customers. And why not? $5,000 a week is a tremendous amount of money and everyone would take pride in leaving a legacy for their loved ones. We researched the “Forever” Prize extensively in advance, so it’s no surprise that it’s generating a lot of excitement!”

Working at PCH with my Dad has been a wonderful experience. I was able to be a part of a company that’s so close to my father’s heart, and now close to mine, too.

Thank you, PCH!

Kristin P.
PCH Summer Intern

P.S. Want to tell my Dad about a product you think PCH should offer? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below!

P.P.S. THE OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN IS ON! THERE’S ONLY 1O DAYS LEFT TO ENTER TO WIN “FOREVER”! ENTER TODAY!

32 thoughts on “A PCH “Behind The Scenes” Look At John Prince!”

1. Pch i’m ready to win from a special early look

2. Hi John,2 years ago I ordered a flexible garden hose and it started leaking the first time I used it. I followed all the return instructions and still have not received a refund or replacement. This has made me skeptical about ordering through PCH.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Emmett, we are sorry for any inconvenience that has occurred and would like to get a bit more information to help resolve this matter. We kindly ask that you contact us by phone at your convenience. Our customer service representatives may be reached at 1-800-566-4724 between 8:30 am to 8:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

3. seeburnchaumont says:

MR.John PRINCE please send me another FINAL STEP REQUIRED time to wrap this up hope my last email made sense please check order qty we will 2-4 items we want to win thanks again.seeburn chaumont

4. seeburnchaumont says:

mr john prince THINK I FOUND OUT ABOUT MY ORDERED PROBLEM MY WIFE LESS THAN 1 HOUR AGO PICKED OUT 2 ITEMS TO ORDER WE HAD TO GO BACK TO OUR ORDER NEITHER OF THE 2 ITEMS WERE ON ORDER BOX zero SOME ONE IS zero out ITEMS WE HAVE ORDERED THE LAST TWO DAYS PLEAS CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY ? SEEBURN CHAUMONT 337-474-9877 WE ARE GOING BACK RE ODRERS PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT .THANKS WE WANT TO WIN

5. seeburnchaumont says:

i need the compliance Checklist that was not on next page please send asap thank you

6. seeburnchaumont says:

please send me PCH compliance checklist thank you very much.seeburn chaumont

7. seeburnchaumont says:

MR john Prince ref W-14 i must be missing pt trying to warp W-14 i placed 10 orders tonight thinking this would complete W-14 i keep geting in complete i need your HELP IWANT to win please send me the info thanks.

8. Katherine Cervantes says:

Dear Mr. Prince.
    I got the loyalty program letter and with one more order I could be in the 100 points division. Unfortunately I am extremely ill and can not afford to order anything more at this time. There is so much I would like to get for myself and friends, But I Have so much debt. right now it is just not possible.
    The good news is today I had a garage sale and ALL the money is going to the sex child trafficking rescue. We have made $100.00 so far. And tomorrow I am doing the charity walk and got Just over $100.00 in sponsorship for that. It is very, very difficult for me to walk. I will have to take medication just to go two miles. But I will make it I am sure. It is so wonderful and I am thrilled.
    God Bless you all at PCH. I AM IN IT TO WIN IT.
    KC – A huge PCH Super Fan (Katherine) FL 🙂

9. Katherine Cervantes says:

Dear MR.PRINCE: I recently received your upgrade award Order/Entry
    Sweepstakes notification. I love your merchendice & have ordered from
    time to time, when I could. I wish I could place another order but unfortuatly
    I am very, very sick at this time to do so. I need what little little $ I have for
    medical and other expenses. I am also not working at this time and so do
    not have that income coming in. I would especially love to have the Mayo
    Clinic – alternative medicine book you currently advertise.
    I continue to play your wonderful on- line games when I am physically able.
    Please forgive me for not being able to support PCH by placing an order.
    You all are wonderful to us fans there at PCH.
    While I am still able to do so I will log onto PCH as often as I can for I AM IN IT TO WIN IT!.
    Please pray for my family & friends ( add them to your prayers)
    You all make logging onto PCH lots of fun. I love the new card game!!
    God Bless You
    KC – A PCH Super VIP Fan – Katherine/ FL

10. I have been trying to call or contact your office about someone trying to scram me. I have been contacted by pch and was told in march that I had won and they would be at my door in two hours. They wanted personal information and I hung up the phone. Did I do right. Well they call today and said I had won 2 half million and a car. They left me a no to call when I came home from work and that line has been busy.