Why Does The Prize Patrol Drive A Van?

They wear navy blue blazers and khaki bottoms. They carry a handful of colorful balloons. They arrive with one dozen of the most gorgeous roses you’ve ever seen — and let’s not forget the Big Check. Yes, I’m talking about the famous Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol. But what I really want to talk about today is their mode of transportation: the van.

I’ve been a Publishers Clearing House employee for over five years now. I’ve also been on a few Prize Patrol trips myself. But the other day I realized: I have no idea why they always drive a van. Why not an SUV? A red hot convertible? Or even a bus? Since the early days of the Prize Patrol, it’s always been a van, and I was shocked to realize I had no idea why! Was it because of the Big Check? Or something else completely? I was on a mission and I had to find out.

I decided to ask my fellow blog writers for help. And their answers…well let’s just say, you have got to see what they say! Go on, watch the video below.

There you have it, folks! Mystery solved! A thank you to my fellow blog writers for helping me out (or at least “driving” me to laughter!) and an even bigger thank you to Danielle, Prize Patrol Elite, for giving me the real answer!

Before I go, let me know…what would YOU love to see the Prize Patrol drive up to your house in? A van or something else? Comment below!

Amanda C., PCH Creative

Amanda C.
PCH Creative

P.S. TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER!

162 thoughts on “Why Does The Prize Patrol Drive A Van?”

1. I really want to win power positive thinking

1. sarah says:

See u on the 30th thank u ..with every bone in my body

2. I think it would harder to fit all the PCH SUPERPRIZE ELITE TEAM , AS WELL AS THE CAMERA TEAM ! (+;+) (+;+) ! ! # 1 SUPERFAN ! JEANNE’ MILLER

3. Kathleen Tasillo says:

They need the room for The Prize Patrol Elite Team and Their crew.
    And the big check and all that they carry Roses, Champlain, Balloons.

4. Arleen Abreu says:

There’s no need to continue. Just make out my check. I’ve been waiting for a very long time. I feel it in my bones. This one belongs to ME!!!!

5. Kathleen Tasillo says:

I would Love to win with every Breath I take.

6. MaryPhillips says:

THAT WAS SO EASY AND I STILL WANT TO WIN AND BE THE NEXT WINNER FROM PCH SPECIAL EARLY LOOK SUPER PRIZE EVENT FOR A WINNERS GWYNo.3080,3227,3877,3600 3818 AND MORE OM JUNE 30,2014 THANK YOU AND #KNOCKNOCK#

7. Kathleen Tasillo says:

They drive a van to carry all that they bring to the Winners Home.
    I hope, and Pray my Dreams of a Miracle come true.

8. Debra Donn says:

a Lincoln mkz

9. Kathleen Tasillo says:

They drive a van to Cary, The Prize Patrol Elite Team, and their crew The Big Check, Flowers, Balloons,and a bottle of Champlain.
    Cant wait to open it up on April 30th! See You all soon!!

10. Brenda Gibson says:

Yes Amanda the famous publisher clearing house PrizePatrol has to drive a van for everything like there luggage , camera equipment , and the big checks . They need a van to carry everything plus beeing comfortable with the drive. Have a great day Amanda. God Bless.