Prize Patrol Gives Halloween Treat, Not Trick, To Georgia Woman

This may come as a surprise, but the Prize Patrol actually had plans to award not 1, but 2 prizes this Halloween. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Sandy, the Prize Patrol was not able to get out of the New York area to make one of those awards. That winner is being notified by overnight delivery, and we’ll release his or her name as soon as it’s verified. Keep your fingers crossed everyone because that winner could be you! And for those of you out there who suffered at the hands of Sandy, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Fortunately, Hurricane Sandy didn’t stop me from delivering a Halloween treat – not a trick – to a loyal Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes entrant in Loganville, Georgia. I happened to be down south, so a trip to Georgia was not difficult.  In anticipation of the storm our staff in Port Washington, NY, air-freighted the Big Check, the real check for $10,000.00 and needed paperwork to our video-cameraman in Atlanta who met me on Wednesday morning so we could make a promised Halloween prize award.

Marsha Fritzinger has been entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes for years – just like her parents and grandparents did before her – by mail.  She read that a recent winner won by entering online, and so she’s been doing it that way too – at pch.com and other PCH websites.

We didn’t find Marsha at home; but within an hour or so we did locate her workplace, a major retailer.  Alas, she was out to lunch – not at the pizzeria where her boss thought we might find her, but with co-workers eating Chinese.  Back at the store we awaited her return — and we didn’t have to wait more than a minute.

“You have someone who wants to see you” manager Bill told Marsha; so she came outside, saw us with the balloons, roses and Big Check and immediately jumped for joy.  “I don’t believe it” she yelped as fellow employees stood in the background in shock, awe and admiration for their co-worker who has been with them for over ten years.  “I’ve seen others win, so why couldn’t I?” she cried, exhibiting the true spirit of a PCH winner.

The time is drawing near for the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol to get ready to go on the road to award an even bigger prize – the November 30th $1,000,000.00 Plus $5,000.00 A Week For Life Mega Prize in just a few weeks!

Enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes today  — and every day, and the next big winner could be YOU!

Dave Sayer

Prize Patrol Ambassador

31 thoughts on “Prize Patrol Gives Halloween Treat, Not Trick, To Georgia Woman”

1. Dale Williams says:

Congratuations! Has the 2nd winner been revealed yet?

2. Michelle Eaton says:

Make someday soon we live in a home free of mold and mildew and two bathrooms and things tokeep the cold out not to fancy just country style and liveable

3. useme gail block says:

Down south as always

4. Hello
    BANGOR MAINE HERE .I NEED YOUR HELP HERE WE ARE LOSING OUR JOBS HERE AS HOUSE KEEPERS, , AND WHEN I WIN I WOULD LIKE TO HELP ALL OF US KEEP OUR JOBS
    SO TELL THE COMPUTER TO START HELPING PEOPLE THAT NEED IT LIKE ALL OF US THAT HAVE WRITING IN FOR YRS. THANKS STILL HOPING TO WIN BIG CHECK SOON.LOVE YOUR CONTESTS
    EILLTHERBANGORMAINE

5. Pamela Crutcher says:

I really do like this story!!

6. sharonda mcneill durham winner of super prize #1830 says:

im just waiting to my day arrive that moment that it changes that fear the worries of days you kinda wonder who house we can eat at to just have a meal wow the day i wait for with a pounding heart to win the great prize that moment i wait for it kinda crazy that i read a post that you guys only hit so many towns an i know for a fact no one in durham nc ever won a big prize i would love to have the feeling such like ms. fritszinger to hear that knock oh how my feet twinkle an i jump with joy to see them to arrive how i see my life change this day im so sure to come to see the prize patrol come visit my city my town an wondering do yall really read these or respond i wonder do my entries really go through any way i see you when you get to show you my town my life like i reall cant put my finger on the fact i have seen myself win the big prize one mill plus five thou a week omg things i have in mind some youth centers women center boutique still work hard just to maintain also give back wow i cant wait see you soon dave the one im looking forward to reallly see at my door in the city durham

7. DeLayne Perry says:

What a neat treat..~~!! Congratulations to
    Marsha Fritzinger!!
    and… congratulations to PCH for coming through, once again … and again… and again … and again… ok I’ll stop there.

8. Regina L.Tucker says:

I have no choice but to keep hoping I will be next. I am praying for God’s continued mercy and a miracle of restoration to take place where I stay in Douglasville, GA.

9. It would be nice 2 win. It would help our family who are struggling these days. It would help my 101 year old mother 2.

10. That was a nice treat: Good morning PCH. Wishing a great time for the winner.Thanks for sharing.MCH 11-3-2012