PCH Warns: Beware Of Publishers Clearing House Phone Scams!

Can you spot a Publishers Clearing House phone scam? Take this “quick quiz” and find out.

Imagine you’re at home and you get a call from someone who tells you he is from Publishers Clearing House. He says you have won $500,000.00, but in order to claim your prize, you first need to wire him a $300.00 delivery fee. What do you do?

A. Hang up!
B. Report this person to the authorities.
C. Wire him the money. After all, $500,000.00 is at stake!

I’m hoping that all of our PCH friends know that the correct answers are A and B ― NEVER C! And if you didn’t get the answer correct, then keep reading because this is very important.

PCH does not call our winners in advance. In fact, if you’re named a BIG PCH winner, you’ll find out when you open your door and see the Prize Patrol standing there holding a “Big Check” with YOUR NAME on it!

More importantly, PCH NEVER asks our winners for any money in order to claim a prize. It’s because the Publishers Clearing House name is so well known and trusted, that fraudsters use it to attempt to scam unsuspecting people out of money.

Just recently, an Arkansas woman received a call from a man claiming he was with Publishers Clearing House. He told her that she had won $1.5 million and a brand new car, but first she would have to pay a fee of $500.00 before she could receive the money and the car. Fortunately, this smart lady knew to call the police and not give the fraudster one cent!

Unfortunately, some seniors are not as lucky ― or as well informed.  Earlier this year an 80-year-old Chicago grandfather was conned out of several thousands of dollars by fraudulent criminals who claimed he had won $5 Million from Publishers Clearing House. The scammer repeatedly kept asking him to wire money for “shipping and handling and safe delivery.”

Don’t risk letting this happen to you. Remember these important A, B, C’s.

A. PCH awards are Absolutely free! Publishers Clearing House will NEVER ask you to pay to enter or collect a prize award.

B. PCH and our Prize Patrol will not Buzz you on the phone if you’ve won a SuperPrize!

C. Fraudsters may Claim to be with Publishers Clearing House ― but Call the authorities if you suspect any wrongdoing.

You can also call our Customer Service hotline at 1-800-392-4190 if you think someone is trying to scam you using the PCH name.

Protect yourself and stay safe!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

102 thoughts on “PCH Warns: Beware Of Publishers Clearing House Phone Scams!”

1. Monica says:

I also received a call from “Henry Ford” in Kingston, JM. Claiming I won 1.5 million dollars and a Mercedes… With a year of free insurance…They were asking that I pay a 1% state fee for something… I’m not sure, I quit paying attention. I completed the call only to get the proper information to report. I did not give them money or agree to anything.

2. DAG CISNEROS says:

RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM TODD SLOAN. IT TELLS ME I WON 3 MILLION
    DOLLARS. THE EMAIL DATE IS 4/27/15 AND GIVES ME A CLAIM NUMBER
    ONLY……SHOULD I CHECK THIS EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION?

3. I just had a call from a mr andresom parker bage 303 saying we won 2.5 million and a car and he wonts me to send him 47.00 for shiping and handling phone 876 369 5142

4. HENRY UPFOLD says:

BEWARE OF CALLS FROM 876-843-4556 & 876-437-3451. They are in KINDSTON, JAMACA

5. Kelli says:

I also had a call from “John Michaels” (with a very heavy accent) at the phone number 1-876-839-8050, wanting me to wire him money for the IRS receipt for “insurance for prize delivery.

6. Cynthia Bass says:

Received a call from NAPA @ 717-553-9044 stating thatI had won a second place prize of $750,000 to claim the money I would have to pay for a IRS registration stamp in order to get this and would have to pay $2250 to receive an IRS 1099 miscellaneous form and would probably have to pay state and local taxes. The contact person is Kelly Robinson (917-503-2615) and Catherine Harris at the original number with Unclaimed Prize and Property. dept. I did not send them any money, nor did I get any address for them but was told to stay in touch so they could send the information for me to send them money and to claim my prize.

7. Chuck says:

On 4/23/15 I got a call from a man who identified himself as Steve Washington and said he was a driver for Publishers Clearing House. He referred me to a man who identified himself as Andrew Goldberg, CEO of Publishers Clearing House with the phone number 876-429-9419. He told me I had won approximately $955,000 and a new Mercedes and to claim my prize that I would need to send approximately 1% Taxes of $950.00 to a number that he said was for the IRS. He told me to stay on the phone and he would walk through the whole thing for me. I let them know that they were scammers and reported this to Publishers Clearing House and the authorities. I got a call again on 4/27/15 from a guy that identified himself as Steve Washington with Publishers Clearing House. I called him a scammer and he hung up on me. Something has to be done with these scumbags.