PCH Warns: Beware Of Publishers Clearing House Phone Scams!

Can you spot a Publishers Clearing House phone scam? Take this “quick quiz” and find out.

Imagine you’re at home and you get a call from someone who tells you he is from Publishers Clearing House. He says you have won $500,000.00, but in order to claim your prize, you first need to wire him a $300.00 delivery fee. What do you do?

A. Hang up!
B. Report this person to the authorities.
C. Wire him the money. After all, $500,000.00 is at stake!

I’m hoping that all of our PCH friends know that the correct answers are A and B ― NEVER C! And if you didn’t get the answer correct, then keep reading because this is very important.

PCH does not call our winners in advance. In fact, if you’re named a BIG PCH winner, you’ll find out when you open your door and see the Prize Patrol standing there holding a “Big Check” with YOUR NAME on it!

More importantly, PCH NEVER asks our winners for any money in order to claim a prize. It’s because the Publishers Clearing House name is so well known and trusted, that fraudsters use it to attempt to scam unsuspecting people out of money.

Just recently, an Arkansas woman received a call from a man claiming he was with Publishers Clearing House. He told her that she had won $1.5 million and a brand new car, but first she would have to pay a fee of $500.00 before she could receive the money and the car. Fortunately, this smart lady knew to call the police and not give the fraudster one cent!

Unfortunately, some seniors are not as lucky ― or as well informed.  Earlier this year an 80-year-old Chicago grandfather was conned out of several thousands of dollars by fraudulent criminals who claimed he had won $5 Million from Publishers Clearing House. The scammer repeatedly kept asking him to wire money for “shipping and handling and safe delivery.”

Don’t risk letting this happen to you. Remember these important A, B, C’s.

A. PCH awards are Absolutely free! Publishers Clearing House will NEVER ask you to pay to enter or collect a prize award.

B. PCH and our Prize Patrol will not Buzz you on the phone if you’ve won a SuperPrize!

C. Fraudsters may Claim to be with Publishers Clearing House ― but Call the authorities if you suspect any wrongdoing.

You can also call our Customer Service hotline at 1-800-392-4190 if you think someone is trying to scam you using the PCH name.

Protect yourself and stay safe!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

90 thoughts on “PCH Warns: Beware Of Publishers Clearing House Phone Scams!”

1. Rosechelle says:

The sam Peterson guy called me today I just acted like he wasn’t talking waiting on him to ask for money ik it was coming

2. Amanda says:

I received a call from a John Peterson who claimed he was from Publishers Clearing House and I had won 825,000 and a new mercedes. He gave me a confirmation and his badge number…Then he says I need to get a money order to send him 300.00 for the authorization fee. He called from 1-876-385-1115. So aggravating! I hope no one believes this crap.

3. Ashley says:

I had one call me today asking me to put $500.33 on a card for the taxes in order to release my money. The number was 630-489-1560

4. Gloras Traylor says:

Got a call today from a Rev. John Peterson claiming to be president of PCH. I was a second place winner in the sweepstakes and had won $1.2 million dollars plus a Jeep. All he needed from me was $120.00 dollars wired by western union to a Bebeto Bugridge in Kingston, Jamaica. When I told him that I didn’t think PCH had to have money upfront in order to claim a prize, he told me it was for a receipt to PROVE that I was the correct winner of the prize. I will be contacting the attorney general’s office on Monday to report this scam.

1. Amanda says:

Wow…that’s not fair lol. The very same guy called me today, 3/24/15, and said I only won $825,000 and a new car. This type phone scam is so aggravating though. I hope someone can catch these people. They deserve to be in jail.

5. Marian Fuss says:

Received a phone this AM telling me I won 3,000,000 plus 10,000.00 and a new Mercedes. I was to go to Walmart and get a money gram for 999.00. This was from a Michael Anderson at 1876-507-8658 supposedly this was from a James McBride in Baynette, Al. This was to be delivered today. Told him to deliver the products and I would pay him. What a jerk.

6. Bill Cooper says:

Received a call on 2-28-15 at 11:30 AM from 876-354-1779… w/m with accent hung up when I stated to him that I had concerns about the legitimacy of the call.