Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!

This year March 3rd – 9th has been designated National Consumer Protection Week. PCH is pleased to join in this coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. Check out the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs, and Danielle Lam, Prize Patrol Elite.

At Publishers Clearing House we care about consumers and want to be sure you stay protected from SCAMMERS and PCH SCAMS fraudulently pretending to be associated with our well-recognized PCH name!  As a company that has been in business for over 50 years, PCH is an iconic brand, recognized and welcomed into households all across the country. And, if you are familiar with the PCH name, you can be sure the scammers know us, as well.

Recently we’ve been hearing reports that scammers are accessing and using the names of our real PCH employees in their criminal attempts to deceive you.  Names you’ve come to know and recognize such as Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane and Danielle Lam  – all real members of our famous PCH Prize Patrol.  Even the name of Deborah Holland, our Executive Vice President whose name appears in PCH promotional mailers, has been hijacked and illegally used by scammers.

Our message is simple:  If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to represent PCH, or claiming to be one of our employees, and asked to send or wire money (for any reason whatsoever, including taxes); or send a pre-paid gift card or Green Dot MoneyPak Card in order to claim a sweepstakes prize – DON’T!  It’s a PCH SCAM. If you are sent a check, told it’s a partial prize award, and asked to cash it and send a portion back to claim the full prize award, DON’T.  The check is fake, but the SCAM is real!

Remember, at PCH the winning is free.  So, stay informed and stay protected! And if you want to find out more about how PCH works to stop PCH scams, check out our Consumer Affairs site.

Margaret C.

Director, Consumer Affairs

303 thoughts on “Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!”

1. There are a lot of mails coming asking me to pay a certain amount for me to qualify to this sweepstakes i send once already .

2. Judy Ann Knight Meeks says:

Received another friend request from Danielle ! I blocked it like the last three times.

1. Rich says:

I wonder is my personal info is secure now. I supposed I won, but it keep asking me to download and download, and trials, and more trials is never ending and then my phone started ringing all….

3. JAMES A DARR says:

THE LATEST CONTACT I HAD HAVE WAS LAST SUNDAY I WAS CONTACTED BY SOMEOME SAYING THEY WERE DANNIEL ANWANTED TO BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK SO I CLICKED IT SHE WANTED MY PHONE NUMBER SO I GIVE IT TO HER AN IT WAS NOT TO LONG I GOT A CALL FROM SOMEONE SAYING HE WAS TOOD SLOONWE TALKED FOR A LITTLE BIT HE SAID I WON THE BIG PRIZETHEN HE SAID ILL GET BACK TO YOU YA HE DID ABOUT 10;30 THAT NIGHT HE SAID HE NEEDED SOME MONEYCAUSEOF THE AMOUNT THAT I WAS SUPOSE TO GET THATS WHENI HUNG UP THE PHONE NUNBER HE WAS CALLIN FROM WAS 716-751-1872 THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS IS HAPPENED THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR bout two years now i have lost about 15 ooo oo just wanted you to know

;

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi James, please do not accept friend requests from people claiming to be from PCH. Do not share ANY information with them, and please report this scam to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Visit this link to help keep yourself safe: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please be safe PCH Fans!

4. kris snyder says:

I have a man calling me from jamaca saying he is the director of winnings at pch and tells me all these numbers ch # prize #,delivery codes everything. his name is david Washington had me money gram 420.00 for reg. fee.i was on the phone for 4 hours and accrued 200.00 in international phone bill my heart says scam but, he was so in depth with everything so is it real or not

5. colleencade says:

I got an email with Dave’s name at bottom. Saying I won 2 million dollars. Then I’m supposed to contact some dude named John Koskinen from I.R.S commissioners office and send scanned copy of I.D and last 4 digits of my ssn. I would NEVER do this.
    They are some pretty stupid crooks

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Colleen! We’re happy to hear that you knew that was a scammer and not the real PCH who contacted you. There’s definitely no shortage of scammers who illegally use the good name and reputation of PCH to try to deceive people. If you haven’t already done so, we ask that you please report the details of this email to us via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe, everyone!!

6. I just had somebody inbox me and told me that I want to million dollars and her name was Danielle this is really a shame and not believe it for a minute and 2 they told me I have to wire $400 to them and I was like wow then I told them I’m going to report them as a scam artist I wish I could win something but nothing will never come good to me everybody have a blessed day.

7. I just received a letter in the mail and said I will receive another validation form in the mail within 48 hours is false or true or a sham