Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!

This year March 3rd – 9th has been designated National Consumer Protection Week. PCH is pleased to join in this coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. Check out the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs, and Danielle Lam, Prize Patrol Elite.

At Publishers Clearing House we care about consumers and want to be sure you stay protected from SCAMMERS and PCH SCAMS fraudulently pretending to be associated with our well-recognized PCH name!  As a company that has been in business for over 50 years, PCH is an iconic brand, recognized and welcomed into households all across the country. And, if you are familiar with the PCH name, you can be sure the scammers know us, as well.

Recently we’ve been hearing reports that scammers are accessing and using the names of our real PCH employees in their criminal attempts to deceive you.  Names you’ve come to know and recognize such as Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane and Danielle Lam  – all real members of our famous PCH Prize Patrol.  Even the name of Deborah Holland, our Executive Vice President whose name appears in PCH promotional mailers, has been hijacked and illegally used by scammers.

Our message is simple:  If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to represent PCH, or claiming to be one of our employees, and asked to send or wire money (for any reason whatsoever, including taxes); or send a pre-paid gift card or Green Dot MoneyPak Card in order to claim a sweepstakes prize – DON’T!  It’s a PCH SCAM. If you are sent a check, told it’s a partial prize award, and asked to cash it and send a portion back to claim the full prize award, DON’T.  The check is fake, but the SCAM is real!

Remember, at PCH the winning is free.  So, stay informed and stay protected! And if you want to find out more about how PCH works to stop PCH scams, check out our Consumer Affairs site.

Margaret C.

Director, Consumer Affairs

293 thoughts on “Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!”

1. Monsta says:

I just got the message about the winning they telling me to pay so they can deliver my check. SAS express currier

2. Denise says:

I received an email from Deborah saying I was a winner and then Mr. Soloman Newman send me one saying I would get the money but I have to pay them first, and because od i dont what act I couldnt pay off of the prize , thats when I noticed it was a scam. It just didnt make any sense.

3. Charles S. says:

I received an email stating that I have been selected as a PCH winner of a large sum and that I shpuld contact a Mr. Solomon Newman at; SAS express courier company in regard to a Batch#,
    A Parcel Id. # PCH- and a ref. #. I was also instructed to call 919860237359. No fees as of yer. Would you please provide feedback on this matter. Thank you in advance for your immediate reply.I was also provided with the email address sas.expresscourier@outlook.com

1. Keanna Askew says:

I got this too.

4. Erin Moore says:

Hi I received the same email claiming it was from Deborah Holland and to send my info to sas and then got an email with 2 options to pay a fee for shipping of my winnings (1 million dollars). I never replied after that in knowing if you win something your not asked to pay for what you won. Very sad it was a scam but glad I knew better.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Erin, I’m so glad you knew it was not the real PCH. With our sweepstakes, you never have to pay to claim a prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Facebook. You can report these scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Feel free to check out our Fraud Prevention page for tips to recognize these scammers by clicking here: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe everyone!

5. Melinda says:

Note: Find below the details of the courier company.

Name of Courier: ICC-Worldwide Courier Company

Contact Person: Mr. Mark Peterson

Direct Contact Email Address: icc.express@outlook.com

Direct Tel: +917387032741

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that sells merchandise and magazine subscriptions and operates prize-based game, search and lotto websites. Its products are promoted through sweepstakes and prize award promotions.

6. Ann says:

I keep getting a call from Kingston, Jamaica. He says he’s from PCH and I won several million dollars. I think it’s a scam

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Ann, we’re sorry but you’ve being contacted by a scammer. PCH will never notify winners in this manner. Please keep in mind that prize awards over $10,000 are awarded “live and in Person” by our fabulous Prize Patrol. Please check out this blog that will provide you with some helpful information on how you can identify PCH scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Remember, if the prize isn’t free and you’re requested to send some type of payment to claim it, it’s a SCAM! Have a safe day!

7. Len Smith says:

Hi im. Len reporting I received the same email from DEBROAH. HOLLAND AND SAS. I knew something wasn’t right and found this site which confirmed

8. Leo Clarke says:

I have received an email from sasexpresscargodelivery@outlook.in with a phone number of 91 7291054813 they also sent a request for delivery fees to be paid to a company in India with three different options. Now did I win or is this a scam. Please email me a response. Thank you my name is Leo Clarke

9. I received a email saying I won one million dollars via SAS courier they asked for my name address phone number a Henry Terry claims to in charge is this legit

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Winifred, we are so sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Social Media. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe PCH Fan’s!

1. Campbell says:

We received an email from this sas courier PCH co. I’m so glad I investigated them before I responded.. What a rip off!!! Everyone should know nothing is for free. Let’s put a stop to these Fraudulent Companies!!!!!