Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!

This year March 3rd – 9th has been designated National Consumer Protection Week. PCH is pleased to join in this coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. Check out the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs, and Danielle Lam, Prize Patrol Elite.

At Publishers Clearing House we care about consumers and want to be sure you stay protected from SCAMMERS and PCH SCAMS fraudulently pretending to be associated with our well-recognized PCH name!  As a company that has been in business for over 50 years, PCH is an iconic brand, recognized and welcomed into households all across the country. And, if you are familiar with the PCH name, you can be sure the scammers know us, as well.

Recently we’ve been hearing reports that scammers are accessing and using the names of our real PCH employees in their criminal attempts to deceive you.  Names you’ve come to know and recognize such as Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane and Danielle Lam  – all real members of our famous PCH Prize Patrol.  Even the name of Deborah Holland, our Executive Vice President whose name appears in PCH promotional mailers, has been hijacked and illegally used by scammers.

Our message is simple:  If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to represent PCH, or claiming to be one of our employees, and asked to send or wire money (for any reason whatsoever, including taxes); or send a pre-paid gift card or Green Dot MoneyPak Card in order to claim a sweepstakes prize – DON’T!  It’s a PCH SCAM. If you are sent a check, told it’s a partial prize award, and asked to cash it and send a portion back to claim the full prize award, DON’T.  The check is fake, but the SCAM is real!

Remember, at PCH the winning is free.  So, stay informed and stay protected! And if you want to find out more about how PCH works to stop PCH scams, check out our Consumer Affairs site.

Margaret C.

Director, Consumer Affairs

132 thoughts on “Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!”

1. Jamie says:

I just got scammed or they tried to scam trey wanted me to go buy a 599.99 green dot card at Walmart and she said she was Danielle lam and said I won the pch prize what mean people

2. WINMONEY
    PCH 10.0000.000

3. Brenda Nelson says:

:) THANK YOU!

4. Jackie Elliott says:

Today is July 3 th 2014 and I get an e-mail from someone stating they were from phc saying iwon a cool million dollor and I need to claim my money by giving them my information and it suppose to came from Dave sayer but after thinking about the way I been seeing PCH give there prizes out is special they come to your door and gave a special moment you never forget never knew them to ask you to give money to get money you won. That’s so unreal to me wow why would you have to pay taxes out of your pocket when they have a check for you that’s why they ask you your age the older the better for. Them because they figure older people are easier to fool but anytime you get something for free you should worry because scammers always prey on girly

5. crystal raymer says:

I was too contacted on Facebook. By false PCH employees. Wanting me to go get a green dot card. I looked up the PCH head quarters website an sent them a message of my own. They stoped messaging me at that time. I save the info an friends request from Facebook. Also another false PCH employee friend requested me. Its such a shame people to to rob an steel our money time an are faith. God bless to all that have beed deceived. Pass along to help other people from becoming victims.

6. Diana Rexach says:

I received a email from John Owen – Online Award Director informing me I won , to contact him via email to claim prize. But I needed to provide my personal information. Is this a fraud…

7. Jeff Aberg says:

I received a phone message from Don Roberts informing me I had won a prize. I was to call him at 518-858-2685 to claim the prize. I did not call but felt you should be made aware of possible fraud by phone.
    Jeff Aberg

8. Michael P. Hodges says:

On June 2, 2014 at approximately 0930 hours i was in Logged into Facebook and was contacted by a Danielle Lam claiming she was representing Publishers Clearing House (PCH) and stated i had won 2 million dollars plus 10,000.00 a month for life and a brand new car. I was totally shocked and excited. then someone i didn’t remember his name told me i need to send a 1,000.00 by western union to start me getting my money and prizes. I couldn’t understand why PCH Would need money from me before i would start getting my winnings. They had also stated they would be showing up to my house in the PCH prize winning van. I told them when they showed up to my house i would discuss the 1,000.00 then. As you might have guessed no one showed up. what if i had not been suspicions i would have been out my hard earned money. Please look into this. I really hope i win but it needs to be right. Also why do you keep trying to get me to buy more stuff if i could buy more i would. On June 11, 2014 i will be sending you 50.00 dollars as a payment for what i have already ordered.i won’t order anymore stuff because i don’t want to hurt my family.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Michael – That is definitely a scammer! Do not give them any of your personal information or money. Please report this to abuse@pch.com.