Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!

This year March 3rd – 9th has been designated National Consumer Protection Week. PCH is pleased to join in this coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. Check out the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs, and Danielle Lam, Prize Patrol Elite.

At Publishers Clearing House we care about consumers and want to be sure you stay protected from SCAMMERS and PCH SCAMS fraudulently pretending to be associated with our well-recognized PCH name!  As a company that has been in business for over 50 years, PCH is an iconic brand, recognized and welcomed into households all across the country. And, if you are familiar with the PCH name, you can be sure the scammers know us, as well.

Recently we’ve been hearing reports that scammers are accessing and using the names of our real PCH employees in their criminal attempts to deceive you.  Names you’ve come to know and recognize such as Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane and Danielle Lam  – all real members of our famous PCH Prize Patrol.  Even the name of Deborah Holland, our Executive Vice President whose name appears in PCH promotional mailers, has been hijacked and illegally used by scammers.

Our message is simple:  If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to represent PCH, or claiming to be one of our employees, and asked to send or wire money (for any reason whatsoever, including taxes); or send a pre-paid gift card or Green Dot MoneyPak Card in order to claim a sweepstakes prize – DON’T!  It’s a PCH SCAM. If you are sent a check, told it’s a partial prize award, and asked to cash it and send a portion back to claim the full prize award, DON’T.  The check is fake, but the SCAM is real!

Remember, at PCH the winning is free.  So, stay informed and stay protected! And if you want to find out more about how PCH works to stop PCH scams, check out our Consumer Affairs site.

Margaret C.

Director, Consumer Affairs

315 thoughts on “Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!”

1. Joanne says:

got a text from 1002910788 claiming I won PCH 1m USD contact
    agt-pchoffic@hotmail.com. What is this

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Joanne, We are really sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer who was only pretending to be with PCH. Unfortunately, scammers will use the good name and reputation of PCH in an attempt to deceive people. We take the illegal use of our name and the issue of scams very seriously, which is why we regularly educate our fans on how to protect themselves. If you are ever contacted by someone who is posing as the real PCH, please report them to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. It’s important to remember that the real PCH will never contact major winners via phone, standard mail, email, or Social media. We also never ask for money to claim a prize. Check out these Safety Tips for some more great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips.

2. Jenni says:

I was told by a relative that I was on a winning list for PCH and she gave me a link to send a friend request to a representative. I sent him a request and he has a PCH page on FB so I believed it. He told me I had one and needed information so I sent him some info about me, name, address, single, monthly income, email, phone number and then he said he needed 1,200. To pay for taxes and delivery. He said he would send cash or check to me after sending the 1200. I told him I didn’t have that and he wanted to know how much I could send immediately. I told him I wouldn’t have it until a later date so they will be calling me back. He sent me video’s and information about PCH/WCAB. Is this legit? He also told me not to talk about it with any body else.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Jenni,
      We are really sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer who was only pretending to be with PCH. Unfortunately, scammers will use the good name and reputation of PCH in an attempt to deceive people. We take the illegal use of our name and the issue of scams very seriously, which is why we regularly educate our fans on how to protect themselves. If you are ever contacted by someone who is posing as the real PCH, please report them to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH It’s important to remember that the real PCH will never contact major winners via phone, standard mail, email, or Facebook (friend request or private message). We also never ask for money to claim a prize. Check out these Safety Tips for some more great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips

3. Patricia Maynor says:

Ok I just got contacted by danneill on Facebook she said I won and the CEO is David Ward. How do I find out if it’s a scam

4. Edwin Perez says:

Hello, I received a publisher clearing house envelope car board(brown). It haves three winning numbers and it says to wait 48hrs for another envelope. But, I never received anything else. Why? Or is this a scam as well?