Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!

This year March 3rd – 9th has been designated National Consumer Protection Week. PCH is pleased to join in this coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. Check out the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs, and Danielle Lam, Prize Patrol Elite.

At Publishers Clearing House we care about consumers and want to be sure you stay protected from SCAMMERS and PCH SCAMS fraudulently pretending to be associated with our well-recognized PCH name!  As a company that has been in business for over 50 years, PCH is an iconic brand, recognized and welcomed into households all across the country. And, if you are familiar with the PCH name, you can be sure the scammers know us, as well.

Recently we’ve been hearing reports that scammers are accessing and using the names of our real PCH employees in their criminal attempts to deceive you.  Names you’ve come to know and recognize such as Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane and Danielle Lam  – all real members of our famous PCH Prize Patrol.  Even the name of Deborah Holland, our Executive Vice President whose name appears in PCH promotional mailers, has been hijacked and illegally used by scammers.

Our message is simple:  If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to represent PCH, or claiming to be one of our employees, and asked to send or wire money (for any reason whatsoever, including taxes); or send a pre-paid gift card or Green Dot MoneyPak Card in order to claim a sweepstakes prize – DON’T!  It’s a PCH SCAM. If you are sent a check, told it’s a partial prize award, and asked to cash it and send a portion back to claim the full prize award, DON’T.  The check is fake, but the SCAM is real!

Remember, at PCH the winning is free.  So, stay informed and stay protected! And if you want to find out more about how PCH works to stop PCH scams, check out our Consumer Affairs site.

Margaret C.

Director, Consumer Affairs

147 thoughts on “Don’t Be Fooled By PCH Scams — At PCH, The Winning Is Free!”

  1. Carla M Antee says:

    I play to win everyday!

  2. Eyrika Johnson says:

    Yes I just want to win a big check.

  3. Eyrika Johnson says:

    Damnit pch publishers clearing house scammers need to go to jail or stop sending friend request on Facebook.

  4. Im feeling that program has been going out of the net.

  5. Bryan Williams says:

    I’ve been having emails from ….PCHLOTTO, PCHfront page, and others, if you are sent to a site to fill out surveys, it’s fake! Always go to the PCH site to sign for the 10m.

  6. Charlie says:

    My wife was called today and was told to take a shower and clean up because the PCH Patrol was showing up and please have a 300.00 green dot card to pay the taxes for the car. My wife is waiting come and get it. yea right.

    1. Bruce says:

      Got the same call today! They said I won $850,000 and a new car! They wanted me to get a green dot moneypak card to pay for the 1% of taxes. They said they already took care of the other 99% of the taxes. It’s a shame there are people like that in this world. The good lord is looking down on them!

  7. Eleanor Cummings says:

    Heads up, PCH players. Got a call from Sweepstakes Clearing House (phone number 931-588-0968). but young man on other end wouldn’t commit to who they actually were, so I hung up. Soon after, mailman dropped off letter from same people from out of Arlington, TX with SIX $400 checks to be used towards YOUR PURCHASE of 6 different items as a consolation prize for not winning the $10M. If you get contacted by these people – they are NOT affiliated with PCH! Has anyone else heard from these people?

  8. r sheltonegeanna says:

    Hope I win

  9. r sheltonegeanna says:

    I hope I win thanks

  10. Debra Foster says:

    I responded to the initial email saying to enter. Then it said I had to verify me claim number with Debra Holland. Now I cannot stop the emails from coming. I know it’s not legitimate now and hope no harm has been done.

    1. r sheltonegeanna says:

      I have been applied for pch 1 year now I hope I win I am in need

Leave a Reply