How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 1

How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 1

387 thoughts on “How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 1”

1. Suzanne says:

I rec’d a call yesterday that I had won a prize from PCH; a new car and cash. I did not believe it (you have to enter to win, right?). The call came from Mr. Albert Lopez, phone number 307 223 4117. He said package number was 37-79-58-8.
    He asked that I go to “the closest WalMart” and call him from the parking lot. I refused to do that and did not hear from him again.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Suzanne, We’re glad you knew that wasn’t the real PCH. As tempting as it may be, we don’t encourage anyone to engage a scammer any longer than is minimally necessary. Simply tell them you know they’re a scam and hang up. PCH doesn’t notify major winners by phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report all scam contacts to PCH via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. You can also check out this FAQ for info on how you can block scammers from contacting you via Facebook: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Stay safe everyone and be careful of scammers pretending to be the REAL Prize Patrol!

2. Nell Haranda says:

On 11/29/16, I received a call from Dave Bradley, claiming he was the PCH agent and that I had won $285,000 and a 2016 Malibu car..He said that an armour car would deliver the money and a UPS truck would deliver the car, both at 2pm..He, Dave Sawyer, and an attorney would be coming here.He gave me cert. number, winning number, etc.
    .He said I needed to dress for my picture to be made, then he ask for the scan number on my last Walmart receipt, then he said to go to Walmart and get a senders form and to go to the car and he would instruct me on how to fill it out…While filling it out, he said to send $388 to Orange, N.J…Before he finished instructing me, our cell phone went dead..He called back 11/30/16 but in the meantime, we found out from google that it was a scam. His number is 876-463-9040.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Nell, I am really happy that you knew that it was not the real PCH who contacted you! We never notify major winners over the phone or through standard mail, email or social media. We would really appreciate if you would send us the details of this scam call you received. PCH does not send private Facebook messages to our fans so please complete a Scam Incident Report. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. There are a lot of scammers out there who use the good name and reputation of PCH, as well as the names of those of us on the Prize Patrol. Please be careful everyone!!

3. There is now a John brown on Facebook claiming to work for pch who is sending out friend requests maybe the scamer?

4. Kari Minnis says:

I just received an Instagram request from davesayer from pch he said to call this number7028002386

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Kari, The real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

5. Felipa Jaramillo says:

Just got a call from someone claiming to be calling on Publishers Clearing House behalf. When i told him i was not interested he became belligerent and told me, “bug of you F…. Wh….”, at which point i just hung up. His number was 876-352-6872. Not sure if he was indeed affiliated with you.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Felipa, We are really sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer who was only pretending to be with PCH. Unfortunately, scammers will use the good name and reputation of PCH in an attempt to deceive people. We take the illegal use of our name and the issue of scams very seriously, which is why we regularly educate our fans on how to protect themselves. If you are ever contacted by someone who is posing as the real PCH, please report them to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. It’s important to remember that the real PCH will never contact major winners via phone, standard mail, email, or Social media. We also never ask for money to claim a prize. Check out these Safety Tips for some more great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips.

6. Crystal Norwood says:

I just received a call from someone named “Michael Scolfield”. He called from an unknown number. He said I had won $2 million, $100,000 cash, 2016 Mercedes Benz, 2 baskets of groceries from Wall-Mart, a 50-in TV, & a $25,000 gift card. I was provided the following info:
    Registration # 555
    Package code: 4525AZ
    Winning Ticket# C3030
    Serial # UF00165308AL
    His phone # (702)609-7903
    All I needed to do was send $350 at Wall-Mart to a Mary Thaxton in Philadelphia, PA. He told me that I needed a password from this point on so that if he or anyone else called me to ask them for the password which was “cash cash more cash”. Lol. I knew it was a scam. My husband recorded the conversation. Beware of these scanners!!