How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 3

How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 3

124 thoughts on “How to report a Publishers Clearing House Scam Step 3”

1. Brandi says:

My mom received a call this morning from a man that said his name was David Washington from publishers clearing house saying that she won $950,000 and a 2015 Mercedes. He said that she would have to send $510 to Mississippi to pay for shipping and handling for the car. This is a HUGE SCAM! Luckily the money was sent to the wrong state and she got her money back. He kept saying that they were in her town. We drive all through our small town and saw nothing.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Brandi,
      Sadly, there are scammers out there who impersonate PCH employees to get our fans’ personal information and money. PCH never contacts winners in advance and you never have to pay to claim a PCH prize! Please familiarize yourself with these tips on how to identify and avoid the real scammers out there (http://bit.ly/_FraudProtection_) and always report all scammer encounters to abuse@pch.com immediately.

2. Laura Burger says:

I got a call today and WON!! Wow – what a scammer the call call came from 1-876-431-8664. His name was Adam Hill!!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Laura! We’re so glad you knew the warning signs of a scammer! PCH will never call your phone. Do not give scammers any of your personal information or money! Please report this scammer to abuse@pch.com and check out these helpful tips: http://bit.ly/_FraudProtection_

3. Mary Hooton says:

i have received so many promises of award winnings. If all of these come true, No one in my family will ever have to work again. Today’s letter contains a check copy for $3,900,000. Is is from Rappaport, Hiltner & Crenshaw, PMB 375, 24 Railroad Ave. Babylon, NY 11702. Of course no one was home. Mary Hooton, 5928 Castlewood Crossing, Milford OH 45150, A lot of gullible older folks are going to be disappointed,

4. Jean says:

Was contacted by someone who said he was with publishers clearing house. Gave me info about how I was going to receive the money and then said I needed to pay 375.00 for my gold stamp. yeah right.

5. Courtland says:

I just gotten a Phone Call from 876-840-1270. He said his name was David Washington and I won 2.5 million dollars but I have to send him $150.00 to process the check in western union. I asked him how did I win, he said that I was paying my bills on time and spend more than $5 in the store. I asked him what store and he said all the stores near me. SCAM SCAM SCAM! I stay in the country. The store is miles from my house.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Courtland,

That was a scammer impersonating a PCH employee! PCH will never call your phone. Do not give scammers any of your personal information or money! Please report this scammer to abuse@pch.com and check out these helpful tips: http://bit.ly/_FraudProtection_

6. Gwen Ishikawa says:

I just got a call too…and he’s still calling to confirm but I haven’t answered the phone again. He too gave the spiel about winning a lump sum of 750k plus a weekly stipend of 5k for life and a bonus of a new car. He wanted me to call him back to verify he’s legitimate and then I called my prosecutor friend.

7. Rena says:

6/25 at 1:40pm ET.
    I just received a call from a Jamaican number 876-571-1091.1.8 million and a two-week vacation to Hawaii from PCH. He went through this whole spill about how I would get a cashier’s check with ID# 71775, Check# 00588500127, Reference# 62941EI, Confirmation Code 000515. Then……the real kicker!!!! I need to send him $495 via Western Union, becasue I have to cover some kinda one percent tax…. RIDICULOUS SCAMMERS!!!!!

1. Rena says:

Oh, yeah…he said he was calling out of New York (but with a Jamaican number?). He said he was agent Wayne Moore, ID# 71775

8. Mary Mugnolo says:

June 8, 2015 I received a call from a David Washington from Publisher Clearing House, phone 876-283-3223. I have other calls like this so checked it out online and found it is a scam going around. He said I won 2,000,000 and a 2015 Mercedes.

1. Kam says:

I just received the same call Mary. I was to call the claim services and speak with general manager-Albert Johnson. The phone number that called me was 865-435-7520 from Jamaica.

9. Michael says:

I recieved a call from Jamaica claiming to Be PCH asking for $950.00 for recieving a car and $100.000 . And which they claimed the money was refundable1-876-861-2660.

1. Tracy laubach says:

I received a call from pch supposedly saying that I won 7000 a week for life and 1 million dollars also I couldn’t get my money until I sent them 950 dollars to process it talk about scamming people

Tracy

10. cat says:

Very disappointed this year. Pch must have used my name via Facebook. Someone tried to scam me 3 different times. I only fell for it once but it took the fun out of playing n logging into pch.com. very disappointed!ca

1. Florence James says:

Same here I’m highly disgusted

1. Laurie walker says:

No cat. I have been attempted to be scammed three times in one month. Goes w the territory I guess. I hope it turns out alright for you.