Does Publishers Clearing House Contact Winners In Advance?

Hi blog readers!

It’s Danielle Lam with the PCH Prize Patrol! One question I hear from our fans a lot is: “does Publishers Clearing House contact winners in advance?” Watch my video below to find out the answer:

There you have it everyone! As I mentioned in my video, the only way you’ll know if you won big from PCH is if the Prize Patrol shows up at your doorstep! That’s right, we do NOT contact our prize winners in advance. You’ve seen our winning moments on TV, and that is exactly how they happen in real life! We show up unannounced and give our lucky winners the surprise of a lifetime.

The other important thing to remember is that we NEVER ask for money from our winners! At PCH, the winning is ALWAYS free! So if you get a phone call, text message or anything in the mail about winning, and the person asks you to send money to claim your prize, that is NOT the real PCH Sweepstakes!

I hope this helped clear things up, and remember, if you ever have any questions, ASK US! Leave a comment below or on my Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol Fan Page on Facebook!

Our next big prize event is right around the corner, so please stay safe everyone — and GOOD LUCK!

Danielle Lam
Prize Patrol Elite

P.S. On today’s Play&Win blog, Laurel is answering another important fan question: how can you find out if your PCHlotto numbers are winners? Want to know the answer? Check out the Play&Win blog now!

Other Blogs You May Like:
How Can You Spot A Publishers Clearing Hosue Facebook Scam
Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips From Danielle Lam

325 thoughts on “Does Publishers Clearing House Contact Winners In Advance?”

1. Denisha p says:

I received a txt message twice today telling me I won 50,000.00 from email address ( is it real??

2. Jessica Lindsey says:

I recieved a official pch email for the search and win and it said it was for sure that a prize would be given in my area be sure to seach to win. Is this really true does this mean my chances of winning and giving my family a better life are closer odds have went up? Just trying to hope. Even had a video where they said my name and said the prize patrol was close. I know it is a long shot but sick mom, dad with brain anurisums, and still they have a 15 yr old at home and I am 31 guess I am trying to hope for something good to happen to be able to help them more and give them a better life. Are the emails i get real ? do you usually know what area you are going to be in ? Or does everyone get these emails to keep them playing?

3. Shawnda says:

Someone called my mom about this saying she won and they will be here tomorrow but now I see that it is fake because you guys don’t call ppl

4. deana says:

I never take phone calls from some one telling me I won a prize – that is why I look out my window to see Dave and his team at my front door I HOPE it may come true some day wish me luck…….

5. Aaron Pendleton says:

Was contacted by PCH ACVREDITED fiduciary agent by email Tony Morris gave me a parcel identification number of Pch–30275328510
    Email was from

1. Michael says:

Hey Aaron was it a scam the letter you g poo t cause i g i t one from him too saying i won 500,000 can u reply back please
      Mike burke

2. Alicia says:

I received the same phc# adn email so it must be a scam

6. timothy says:

Do you guys contact by email if you won?

7. cynthia mulliniks says:

i was just contacted by the prize finalist does that matter

8. afton says:

So supposedly Dave from the pch just face booked me and tole me I won. I said I thought u guys just come to the doors unannounced and then they wanted me to pay a registration fee for a car I said y do I have to pay when it’s a prize and I won. I looked it up and found out they don’t contact u they show up unannounced. Then got a phone call with the same thing