What To Do If You Get A Friend Request From The Prize Patrol

PCH Facebook Scams

DO NOT ACCEPT IT!

Yes, that’s right, if you happen to receive a friend request from Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, Todd Sloane, or anyone else claiming they are on the PCH Prize Patrol, DO NOT ACCEPT IT!

• Know this: The REAL Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol NEVER sends friend requests or private messages on Facebook! If you receive one, it is a Publishers Clearing House scam. It is from a criminal who is using the Publishers Clearing House name to trick you.

• Know this: If you’ve won a major prize from Publishers Clearing House, you’ll know by the Prize Patrol showing up at YOUR DOOR with a Big Check, just like you’ve seen in our TV commercials. The REAL Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol NEVER contacts winners through Facebook!

• Know this: The REAL Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol NEVER asks for money. At PCH, the winning is ALWAYS FREE!

So what should you do if you receive a Facebook message from someone claiming to be a Prize Patrol member? DO NOT RESPOND AND DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY! And remember, you can also report the scammer by following Danielle’s easy steps!

How can you tell if a page is real or not? Even if a scammer uses what looks to be a real Prize Patrol photo, the only real Prize Patrol Pages are these:

Dave Sayer Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane Prize Patrol
Danielle Lam Prize Patrol

A cool tip that will help you tell if the Facebook page you’re looking at is the real deal is by looking at the number of “likes” the page has. The real Prize Patrol pages have THOUSANDS of fans! Although this is not a fool-proof technique, it will definitely help to separate the real Prize Patrol members from the fake ones!

There you have it folks! Remember: NEVER accept a friend request from someone claiming to be on the Prize Patrol. It’s not the real Prize Patrol! And if you ever wish to report a scam, please use our Scam Incident Report!

Be careful everyone!

Christa P.
Creative Intern

Other blogs you may like:
PCH Facebook Scammers Target Publishers Clearing House Employees
PCH Scams: Red Flags To Look For From Our Own Lori Shore!

112 thoughts on “What To Do If You Get A Friend Request From The Prize Patrol”

1. jennie says:

I keep getting these friend request one right after another from Prize patrol new accounts with zero or very little friends on their page and block them evry time as them being all new account was a RED FLAG their a scam. Each time a different publishing clearing house representive. Im actaully getting upset because everytime i block one wihin a week i get ANOTHER one from a newly made account..so far i had to block six of them and im getting irratated by it and not happy that facebook owners dont protect facebook user better from these scams & fake accounts..its no longer fun to be on facebook when youn have to wtach yur back all the time from scammers & stakers!

2. maricela villalobos says:

i had receive a friend request danielle lamm i hive all info. and i tell my son he help me he report face book

3. Donna Moran says:

I was stupid & accepted friend request from ‘Daneille’. Next thing I know,I’m being messaged,telling me I was this month’s raffle drawing winner. Although I did message back,I got very suspicious when I was told to verify certain information. I Google whether or not PCH crew friend requests you & luckily I found this blog! I immediately blocked this person & hopefully won’t have any problems because of my own stupidity. Thank you for posting this. Although I never give out personal info on the phone, I feel dumb,duped & furious at this scammer!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Donna, by no means at all should you feel “stupid”. The scammers are very tricky in their attempts to scam innocent people out of their hard earned money. We are over the moon that you had your wits about you and became suspicious of the contact you received. We would like to let everyone know that you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize you may have won. Also, PCH will never contact winners via phone, text, email, standard mail, Facebook requests, or private messages. The best thing about PCH is that it’s free to enter and free to win! Check out this blog to find out how to prevent scammers from contacting you: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please report any and all scams to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We trust this information will be most helpful! Keep safe PCH Fan’s!

4. Rhonda says:

This sucks I have been hacked and wiping my account out:( plus people from all over logging in as me. I have been playing for 2 yrs and got nothing the tokens I never get anywhere n it’s no fun to keep loosing n I have to keep buying tokens. Plus I’ve had to pay for some stuff I didn’t even order:( shame on you for giving people all these problems and false hope:(

5. Susan says:

I received a text and a phone call from Dave of PCH…I was told by another person that they did that in AZ…They demanded a check of $850 for taxes and a special driver would pick up for tax purpose.

6. Consuelo says:

I guess I didn’t know any better, Getting scamed, on Facebook . I today got a friend request from Dave and I accepted. I’m such a good buyer of their products that I didn’t think anything about it, till I told my girls and they scared me about a scam, so I defriend Dave even after wishing him a Happy Birthday. and then I did a full scan from Norton. Wow I feel stupid. But I do love what the PCH team does for others. I just like the products.

7. Yesterday I recieved a friend request from Danielle. I did not accept it thinking it was a joke made up by a friend. I just ignored it. Today I began to think of it being a scam so I entered in the PCH search box “Is the friend requestbfrom Danielle PCH real?”. This search led mevtobthis blog. So I checked FaceBook today and my request from Danielle is gone and now I have one from Todd. I looked at the page and it was just created but has 27 people whom already accepted. ON HIS PAGE, IF YOU CLICK ” “MORE” THERE IS A OPTION TO REPORT IT. I will report it, then delete the request. Thank you PCH for being on top of things! And shame on those fraudulent parasites trying to prey on others!!!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Celena! You were right to question that friend request because it was a scammer. The real Prize Patrol won’t send private messages or friend requests via Facebook. The reason the request disappeared is because the page was removed by someone who reported it like you’ve done which is great. We ask that any time you are contacted by a scammer that you please report it to us: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Here’s a link to another great blog article that has info on how you can prevent these scammers from contacting you on Facebook: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers.

8. Ada graham says:

I had recieve a friend request supposingly from danielle lam, i felt so stupid someone sent me a msg. Warning me that it was a scam so i hurried up and deleted friend request.will never do that again.