HOW WOULD YOU SPEND “HAPPY MONEY” FROM PCH?

Happy_Money

I have witnessed hundreds of “winning moments” – when the PCH Prize Patrol knocks on some lucky person’s door and announces “You are a winner in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes!” It’s an overwhelming event, especially for the winner.  In a rush to capture the story, reporters from local TV stations and newspapers often demand an immediate answer to the question “What are you going to do with the money?”

Most of the time the winners are so stunned by all the excitement that they can hardly think straight and usually say something like, “Phew, I don’t know.  I’ll have to think about that.”

Good answer!

Sure, paying off outstanding bills comes to mind.  But first it’s time to celebrate – maybe with a little bubbly, hugs and kisses, phone calls, dinner out or a party.  And what’s the rush?  For the winner of a Big Check worth thousands or millions of dollars it’s good to catch your breath and not go running off on a crazy buying spree.

Not too long ago I saw the authors of a book entitled “Happy Money” interviewed on TV.  They gave some advice with which I certainly agree.  Most important they say is this: If you come into a mega-bucks windfall, spend the money on experiences.  They add, material things like snazzy cars and fancy houses might offer short-term thrills; but they won’t provide the lasting happiness that — for example — a truly exciting trip or a really generous good deed or a memorable event with family will.

So dream away, but put an emphasis on the experiences you’d like to have.  You might jot some ideas down, then share them with other PCH Blog readers by commenting below. We’d love to hear them.

Above all, make sure you enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes today and every day at pch.com – and maybe your dreams will come true.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Dave Sayer

Dave Sayer
Prize Patrol Ambassador

343 thoughts on “HOW WOULD YOU SPEND “HAPPY MONEY” FROM PCH?”

1. carol says:

if I won it would be a miracle. I would pay off my bills, buy a home, spending spree for myself and my daughter april. give to community food banks and take a vacation…

2. Delia says:

First of all I would thanks forever to God and all the universe for these this graceful gift. Second my mom my anger whom it’s the person is always with me no matter what I will retire to work. And third I would invest in a business to have more money keep coming to buy a such wonderful house for my childrens and I would like to have children who God forget give them good parents for no matter children have the right to be happy in their childhood so that why these wonderful girl it is more than walcome it is a bless!!!❤️All

3. Dawn M says:

My Happy Day was Sept. 10th, I am Grandma Again!!!! #7 total, 4 granddaughters and 3 grandsons!!! IF… I Super Prize Winner, Paul & I will enjoy our Last days on Earth Happily. Give to God FIRST. give a Legacy To our GrandChildren, Pay off bills, take a much needed Vacation, Give to Casa De Los Ninos,Pima County Food Bank.

4. june M. Linder says:

I would give to Chidren’s hospital to help get a cure for cancer,
    give to Christian radio station WGNZ 1110 AM, and 104.3 FM.
    Pay off all my debt’s. Help the sick and homeless. Give to my church
    Greenview Calvary Tabernacle in Dayton, Ohio to help save souls…
    And any other person’s who need help to pay for cancer treatments.
    God Bless all of you

5. Knocked on my door to deliver

6. Connie Belin says:

I WOULD BUY A MUCH NEEDED CAR TAKE VACTION TRY TO FIT A NICE HOUSE IN THERE.BELIEVE ME ME AND THE MONEY WOULD BE HAPPY

7. Charles R Andreas says:

My Wife and I would certainly take care of the needs of Our Families and some friends that we know needs help. It would be a God Send to be able to do this and help others, especially those who are out of work and do not know where their next meal is coming from.