HOW WOULD YOU SPEND “HAPPY MONEY” FROM PCH?

Happy_Money

I have witnessed hundreds of “winning moments” – when the PCH Prize Patrol knocks on some lucky person’s door and announces “You are a winner in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes!” It’s an overwhelming event, especially for the winner.  In a rush to capture the story, reporters from local TV stations and newspapers often demand an immediate answer to the question “What are you going to do with the money?”

Most of the time the winners are so stunned by all the excitement that they can hardly think straight and usually say something like, “Phew, I don’t know.  I’ll have to think about that.”

Good answer!

Sure, paying off outstanding bills comes to mind.  But first it’s time to celebrate – maybe with a little bubbly, hugs and kisses, phone calls, dinner out or a party.  And what’s the rush?  For the winner of a Big Check worth thousands or millions of dollars it’s good to catch your breath and not go running off on a crazy buying spree.

Not too long ago I saw the authors of a book entitled “Happy Money” interviewed on TV.  They gave some advice with which I certainly agree.  Most important they say is this: If you come into a mega-bucks windfall, spend the money on experiences.  They add, material things like snazzy cars and fancy houses might offer short-term thrills; but they won’t provide the lasting happiness that — for example — a truly exciting trip or a really generous good deed or a memorable event with family will.

So dream away, but put an emphasis on the experiences you’d like to have.  You might jot some ideas down, then share them with other PCH Blog readers by commenting below. We’d love to hear them.

Above all, make sure you enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes today and every day at pch.com – and maybe your dreams will come true.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Dave Sayer

Dave Sayer
Prize Patrol Ambassador

330 thoughts on “HOW WOULD YOU SPEND “HAPPY MONEY” FROM PCH?”

1. Linda Mayer says:

Hi Dave! Honestly I don’t know what I’d actually would say first because it would take a moment or to too gather my whole head!! Lol!! Well I would pay tithes and offerings first because it will be a blessing from God..then I would pay my house off, and all the other bills, of course I’d take care of my family, and I donate to Susan G Komen!! The list goes on.of course I’D have
    have a lawyer and accountant.. i’d be very smart handling my blessing. #inittowin #TeamPCH

2. BETTY GRAY says:

I WILL PAY ALL MY BILLS AND GIVE MY MOTHER SOME OF IT AND BUY ME A CAR AND A HOUSE AND DO SOMETHING FOR MY 12 GRANDKIDS AND HELP OUT MY KIDS ALSO.I WON’T HAVE NO MORE WORRYS ABOUT HOW I AM GOING TO PAY MY BILLS AND RENT.SO IF I DO WIN THAT IS WHAT I AM TO DO WITH THE MONEY AND PUT THE REST IN THE BANK UNTIL I NEED TO PAY BILL AND RENT AGAIN.

3. Sara Dalsing says:

Would get my life back in order after my family and I survived a devastating house fire.. That money sure would be helpful

4. shelley reeher says:

I WOULD SPEND MY HAPPY MONEY ON MY SISTER ANGELA. SHE HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF ME SINCE I WAS A NEW BORN BABY. MY MOTHER LEFT US WEEKS AT A TIME WITHOUT COMING HOME.MY SISTER ONLY TWO YRS OLDER THAN ME TOOK CARE OF ME FROM THEN UNTIL NOW. SHE HAS CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND MY HAPPPY MONEY ON HER. SHE IS MY SISTER,My Mother, MY BEST FRIEND. I WANT TO MAKE HER DREAMS COME TRUE AND I WILL DIE A HAPPY PERSON. PLEASE GOD LET ME WIN.I WOULD MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE HAPPY WITH MY HAPPY MONEY AS I COULD. BUT I WANT MY SISTER ANGELA TO HAVE HER DREAMS COME TRUE. THANKYOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE LET ME WIN THE BLESSED HAPPY MONEY SINCERLY SHELLEY ANN REEHER WICHITA FALLS TX

5. James Morton says:

First thing I would do if I win would be take you all out to eat and then my family and then I would buy a house and pay off all of my fines I have got so I can get my driver licenses back so that I don’t have to worry when I got out if we get stoped and go to jail I have got a lot of thing I can do with the money so I hope God will see it is my time and help me to win so God bless you all at PCH and for the prize patrol to have a safe trip where ever they go

6. Jesus Perez says:

I would donate to my church then pay my bills, then a house & a car. Then see what happens from there. Thank you JESUS! And Davin
    Jesus Perez.

7. CHARHENE HANEY says:

HI DAVE
    I WOULD HELP MY KIDS AND GRANDKIDS. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO TAKE THE FAMILY ON A VACATION. THEIR IS 13 OF US. ALSO I NEED TO FIX THINGS AROUND MY HOUSE. IT WOULD HAVE HELP ME FINANCIALLY. I AM A WIDOW.

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. ALSO WE WILL HAVE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.
    WIN WIN ALL THE PRIZE PATROL ARE INVITED TO MY HOUSE TO CELEBRATE. THE BIG WIN

8. Ida Smith says:

Life is short, so we must spend our time embracing it with love for one another. Happy money from pch would be once in a life time experience, so we should live as if we had happy money all the time, the world would be a better place.

9. Tony says:

That’s right I’m studying to be a mht I would open a house for them to be safe and don’t have to worry about what others In public have to say somewhere where they can feel safe

10. randall j paquette says:

I would help. My church with their building project,they need 200 thousand to build it, I would also start a clean and sober house for women and children