PCH’S PRIZE PATROL GETS A WARM WELCOME EVERY TIME

3_20_Prize Patrol

A man I knew years ago has written a memoir which he is promoting with an internet video I was pleased to see – not only for nostalgic reasons but because his book struck a responsive chord.  It is entitled “Mission to Moscow: A Cold War Look at the Warmth of the Russian People.”  He tells how one American writer’s expectations of inhospitality in an alien culture can be totally reversed by an extravagantly friendly welcome.

The author’s car was stuck in a ditch on a cold Russian night.  Understandably anxious at a time when anti-American sentiment was at best unpredictable, he was totally amazed that a bunch of middle-of-the-night Muscovite party-goers helped him out of the mess, then stuck around to celebrate.

It reminded me of when we started Prize Patrol deliveries over 25 years ago: we didn’t know what kind of reception we’d get when we knocked on the door of a Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes winner.  After all, the lucky person had no idea what was about to happen: it was just an ordinary day on the calendar; company wasn’t expected.  But it only took a few Prize Patrol visits for us to realize that a cold reception was never going to happen.

You see, when the Prize Patrol arrives, everything changes – in an instant.  Just one glance at the roses, balloons and the Big Check is all it takes for that momentary “Huhhh??” to morph into a gigantic grin of recognition: “OMG!  It’s happening!  I’m a winner!”  Within seconds the celebration begins.  Hugs are exchanged, neighbors come running, phones start buzzing, passing motorists wave and honk “Congratulations!”  Talk about warmth!

It’s kind of unbelievable even for us Prize Patrol veterans who have witnessed hundreds of “PCH winning moments”  to see how quickly moods can be transformed from the blahs to unrestrained excitement.  It’s not unusual to hear winners and witnesses exclaim “It’s a miracle!”

Well, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  You’ve seen our TV spots in which folks are blown away by unexpected visits from the Prize Patrol and Big Checks worth thousands, even millions of dollars.   And I bet you’re thinking “I’ll give Danielle, Todd and Dave a really warm reception!  If only I could win!”

Well, YOU can.  There are lots of opportunities to enter and win at Publishers Clearing House.  Take pch.com for example. And don’t forget PCHSearch&Win, PCHLotto, PCHGames, and more which you can visit every day for more chances to win.

With warmest best wishes,

2_13_Dave

Dave Sayer

Prize Patrol Ambassador

Other blogs you may like:
More About Our Prize Patrol 25th Anniversary Winner

351 thoughts on “PCH’S PRIZE PATROL GETS A WARM WELCOME EVERY TIME”

1. Luis Becerril says:

Welcome PCH PRIZE PATROL I love you all $♡

2. Luis Becerril says:

Today I just have a big complaint whit my main but just walked around the area end realized who I’m end I have a conclusion I’m LUIS BECERRIL. who never give up not matter who trying to put me Down o what they say I don’t going to let people do it that because the best part is playing the game

3. Luis Becerril says:

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS 25 ANNIVERSARY of “PCH DREAMS CAME TRUE” oh! Sorry I meant “PCH PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE” HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PCH,. $♡

4. Luis Becerril says:

PCH PRIZE PATROL PLEASE HELP ME MAKE MY DREAMS CAME TRUE!~~£~<3$

5. Richard Claro says:

Hi Dave I’m ready to meet the whole Prize patrol team,awarding me a big prize.
    I have so many that I want to help.Not just a hand out,but a hand up to a better life for them.Maybe getting people some kind of training.To make their life better.
    Remember that old saying give people fish and they will expect fish everyday.Teach a person how to fish and they will be able to eat forever.
    That old saying holds true in todays world.
    Thanks P.C.H. For keeping us safe and letting us play your games.

6. Luis Becerril says:

Hi Dave how are you well here I’m trying to win the big check I’m very persistent I not going to give up also i gave no Job I lost my job because have many problems whit the owner company end soon I have to move to a different area this place is starting very dangerous for mi end my brother end I don’t wanna get hurt for some selfish people they every single day have verbal attacks from this selfish people many lise many problems I need some work is all my life really enjoy is my passion build things I love construction refinish antique furniture think my job is what I’m soon lusted end the main problem is I have no money to move end rent a better place but I’m that kind a person found jobs very easy but know I have no transportation I love pch wish meeting prize patrol very soon!

7. mary says:

Thank you in advance….someday im gonna win the big huge prize

8. angel31260 says:

I have the goose bumps on my arms after I read the story you added to read ! Oh how touching to my heart and my feelings that was for me tears ran down my face ! Tears are running down my face now as I write this message to all of you ! If I ever had a chance to have you knock on my door ! Please excuse my tears that I have, it happens every time I write on the blog, hoping that God is watching me, if me and my baby Lucky my cat only had a chance for happiness we’ve waited and struggled so long for ! All I can say to all of you is God bless you all you would be a blessing in disguise.

9. Hi Danielle and Dave and Todd,

I hope it’s me. I really want to win. I have been trying for a log time and have entered daily and participate in as many sweepstakes and games.as I can. I have been a Face book member for a long time and enjoy my daily blog there, and have begun using the PCH blogs and Twitter as well. I have invited many friends on the social media to join us at PCH. I have watched PCH grow through the years to become the biggest and most successful sweeps in the country!Thank you for what you do in helping those to find a new lease on life!