PCH’S PRIZE PATROL GETS A WARM WELCOME EVERY TIME

3_20_Prize Patrol

A man I knew years ago has written a memoir which he is promoting with an internet video I was pleased to see – not only for nostalgic reasons but because his book struck a responsive chord.  It is entitled “Mission to Moscow: A Cold War Look at the Warmth of the Russian People.”  He tells how one American writer’s expectations of inhospitality in an alien culture can be totally reversed by an extravagantly friendly welcome.

The author’s car was stuck in a ditch on a cold Russian night.  Understandably anxious at a time when anti-American sentiment was at best unpredictable, he was totally amazed that a bunch of middle-of-the-night Muscovite party-goers helped him out of the mess, then stuck around to celebrate.

It reminded me of when we started Prize Patrol deliveries over 25 years ago: we didn’t know what kind of reception we’d get when we knocked on the door of a Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes winner.  After all, the lucky person had no idea what was about to happen: it was just an ordinary day on the calendar; company wasn’t expected.  But it only took a few Prize Patrol visits for us to realize that a cold reception was never going to happen.

You see, when the Prize Patrol arrives, everything changes – in an instant.  Just one glance at the roses, balloons and the Big Check is all it takes for that momentary “Huhhh??” to morph into a gigantic grin of recognition: “OMG!  It’s happening!  I’m a winner!”  Within seconds the celebration begins.  Hugs are exchanged, neighbors come running, phones start buzzing, passing motorists wave and honk “Congratulations!”  Talk about warmth!

It’s kind of unbelievable even for us Prize Patrol veterans who have witnessed hundreds of “PCH winning moments”  to see how quickly moods can be transformed from the blahs to unrestrained excitement.  It’s not unusual to hear winners and witnesses exclaim “It’s a miracle!”

Well, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  You’ve seen our TV spots in which folks are blown away by unexpected visits from the Prize Patrol and Big Checks worth thousands, even millions of dollars.   And I bet you’re thinking “I’ll give Danielle, Todd and Dave a really warm reception!  If only I could win!”

Well, YOU can.  There are lots of opportunities to enter and win at Publishers Clearing House.  Take pch.com for example. And don’t forget PCHSearch&Win, PCHLotto, PCHGames, and more which you can visit every day for more chances to win.

With warmest best wishes,

2_13_Dave

Dave Sayer

Prize Patrol Ambassador

Other blogs you may like:
More About Our Prize Patrol 25th Anniversary Winner

354 thoughts on “PCH’S PRIZE PATROL GETS A WARM WELCOME EVERY TIME”

1. Tonya Chiles says:

I Truly Hope It Me And My Family!

2. Michaela G. says:

Thanks Dave for this uplifting letter to all of us!!!

I do enter everyday and in every way I can on all your PCH websites!!!

So, I am looking forward in being surprised by the PCH Prize Patrol!!!

3. Robert Ray says:

I would be overwhelmed if you folks showed up at my door.

4. Louie Tony Hall says:

Hope I do win the whole GARBONZA. wISH ME THE best!
    Dang computer, nuf sayd.
    Tony aka exbiker

5. Rickey Perry says:

Hi theirDanielle,Todd, Dave hey I just wanted to say I think its great that you do what you do and maintain your health.I mean going from east to west I would imagine that to be quite the chore, but you all do it so well,so thank you,an may the blessings be.

6. CHARHENE HANEY says:

HI DAVE
    I WILL GIVE YOU AND THE PRIZE PATROL A REALLY WARM WELCOME. WE WILL CELEBRATE UNTIL THE LIGHTS GO OUT. CAN’T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU. WHEN IT’S MY TURN TO WIN. WE’LL ALSO HAVE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.

7. REGINA HATCHER says:

Hi Dave, I have been following Publishers Clearing House and you since 1984 and even though I have not won any of the big sweepstakes from PCH, I, have won on “Lucky Loot Wheel”, and on the scratchers’s and I continue never giving up hope of winning the big one especially on April 30th, I am dying to meet you and the rest of the Prize Patrol. I always stand by these words that my father always swore by (he loved betting on the horse, lol), “You Can’t Win If You Don’t Play”, and it is so true. Good Luck Everyone!

8. Yolanda Little says:

I can’t wait for you guys to meet me too the next Superprize winner!!

9. Louie Tony Hall says:

Don’t worry I’ll be happy enough for the next several winners besides me, or it’s possible I just might be dumbfounded and not know what to say. Just my luck I’ll die, AGAIN (I’ve already experienced one known clinical death and one or two maybes). Hopefully I won’t drop dead on Danielle, but then that wouldn’t be a total loss.
    Anyway, wish me the best if you can or want to. Oh, well wish us all the best. Tony aka exbiker

10. Nena Simon says: