PCH Prize Patrol Changes An Oregonian’s Life “Forever”!

Can you imagine? You’re going about your day, focused on the task at hand, when suddenly it hits you — a bolt from the blue that changes your life forever. That’s what happened to John Wyllie of White City, Oregon, our first-ever “Forever” Prize winner when the Prize Patrol visited him with a Big Check last week!

On August 31st, John, a part-time worker at a commercial printing plant, was at home wondering how he was going to make ends meet, take care of his aging father, and keep a roof over his head while looking for a full-time job. Little did he know that a blue minivan with a Big Check surprise was heading his way. It was going to be one fateful meeting!

For many years, John, 47, dreamed about winning a Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. He and his late wife used to imagine how they would spend the Big Check  if he hit it big. But unlike those who only dream, this father of five was motivated. He never gave up: every week, he entered the PCH sweepstakes, at first by mail, then later, online. And time passed.

But you know what? The combination of focusing on a dream, then acting on it has a powerful way of setting invisible wheels in motion. While John and his dad went about their daily lives, dreaming and working and looking for work, something wonderful was taking place. Something better even than Santa Claus! The Prize Patrol was coming to Oregon…to White City…to the mobile home park where John Wyllie lives — and they were bringing the most wonderful prize in PCH history – the “Forever” Prize!

As John was called outside to help his father, Vernon, fix a car, the Prize Patrol was standing there with the Big Check! When Dave Sayer greeted him, John started shaking…and just about fell over! “It’s true! It’s really true!”

With his selfless desire to buy a home for his dad (whom he said “deserves this more than me”) and to “try to…help some people,” John’s winning moment brought tears to our eyes. The Prize Patrol arrived just in time to change his life.  Well, John, happy days are here again!

We hope you’ll watch our first “Forever” Prize winner’s winning reaction and write him a word of congratulations in the comment box below.  After that, why not take a moment to visit PCHSearch&Win and search the Web? Remember, once you log in, your first daily search automatically enters you to win the PCH Sweepstakes! Who knows…one search and YOU may become the lucky winner whose life we change next!

Good luck!

Joyce W.
PCH Online Creative

31 thoughts on “PCH Prize Patrol Changes An Oregonian’s Life “Forever”!”

1. sharon richie says:

That is absolutely amazing!!! I love how John, thought of his father and kids first =) May God always bless you and yours John!!! Congratulations. Sharon

2. Donna Chestnut says:

I hope you use a GPS system. My house is off the highway 1/10 of a mile and the mailbox is not well marked. Our driveway scares some; but if you pay attention it will work for you. Don’t drive up the driveway with more than two vehicles or you will have a problem turning around to get back out. My Dad and one of his Grandsons built the bridge over Odell Creek. I hope you come because I have several people who can use the money.

3. Pilar Gonzalez says:

Congratulations to all of the winners.Thank God for PCH.God bless

4. Congrats on your big win from pch.

5. Congrats on the big win from pch…

6. Congrats. to John on. The big win…………….God bless..you…absolutely deserved to wiñ.

7. Pamela Crutcher says:

Congratulations John and family!!!!!!!!!!

8. Alissa Johnson says:

Congratulations to John. I think he really deserved it and I know his prayers are answered. I hope PCH comes to Durham North Carolina in November so they can make this young mother’s (19) dreams come true. Me ,my almost 2 year old daughter, & my expected on January 7th would be so happy & blessed. We could finally have our own , i could finally be the happy unstressed mom, give my daughter the world, An we would never have to worry about food or a place to live ever again!! I would donate to so many churches and charities because I know how it feels to need or be without and they’ve helped me out a lot. PCH is one of the best things that’s ever happened out there and I really want to say I appreciate you guys for making dreams come true!

Congratulations Again John <3.

9. i play all time never miss any thing this game i love play need a surprised can you come my door step good morning to all pch.com

10. jessica Fisher says:

congrats to the winner i wish him the best and hope he gets all his dreams to come true