How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!

PW_3_7

There are amazing free online lotto opportunities at PCHlotto — every day! Our fans know all about them — unfortunately, so do the criminals who use the Publishers Clearing House name in PCHlotto scams!

In fact, just the other day, I was talking to Sarah on our Social Media Team. She was telling me about a message she received on Facebook from a South Carolina fan who had gotten an email from a fraudster pretending to be from PCHlotto. This smart lady was able to tell that it was a scam and alert PCH right away. Good for her! We want you to be able to spot a PCHlotto scam right away, too!

Here are the Top 3 ways to determine if something is a PCHlotto scam:

1. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you receive a notification via email or Facebook notifying you that you’ve won. The fact is: Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto NEVER contact our big winners in advance. When Gerard Rivera won $1.25 Million from PCHlotto on 12/12/12, he found out when the Prize Patrol showed up at his door!

2. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re asked to send money to claim a prize. Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto will NEVER, EVER ask you to pay a fee  if you’ve won.  Nor would we ever ask you to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak Prepaid Card. At PCH the winning is always free!

3. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re being asked for excessive personal information. When our entrants sign up, we get the information we’d need to surprise them in the event that they’ve won — we won’t contact you to ask for more!  In the scam email described above, the scammer requested the following information: Full Name, Address, Sex, Nationality, Age, Occupation and more. If you’re actually won a BIG prize from PCH or PCHlotto, that just won’t happen!

So there you have it! Please remember the Top Three Warning Signs described above because playing at PCHlotto is much more fun when you have all the tools to protect yourself against PCHlotto scams!

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

209 thoughts on “How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!”

1. Received email today. Jacqueline, Your PCHlotto Numbers Matched! From PublishersClearingHouse@e.pchcustomerservice.pch.com. With no content!!???!! Is this a scam if not what does it mean??

2. Jewel says:

Question. A window popped up in the middle of me playing and said I was chosen at random to spin the wheel. I did and won but I was asked after for my information. Then that was it, it said it would be mailed. Is that a real thing for your company or did someone hack to trick me? Do you know?

3. Lupe Armijo says:

So I’m guess this email is a scam?
    —> You are the Email Winner of 850,000.00 USD in the recent Publishers Clearing House Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to pchclaimsdeptoffic@qq.com.
    Full Names:
    Residential Address
    Tel:
    Sex
    Age
    PCH LOTTO
    Mr. Todd Sloane

1. Cassandra says:

I just got the same email sent today as well.

4. Kelly T says:

Emailing stating as follows:
    “Special PCH sweepstakes which belongs to you is still valid  contact: Debbie K. Sloan with  prizewinningcard2016@gmail”
    For sure a scam
    1. Thats all that was in the email, no image, no further info of PCH, etc.
    2. I havent visited PCH website or participated in any offers for 6+ months.
    3. Unsubscribed from all PCH emails a few days ago (although it can take up to 10days to stop receiving emails)

5. Cris says:

Is it safe for us to actually sign our signature on that back of your “Black Gold” scratch offs (for the $1,000,000.00) & send it in the mail? I worry about frauders…….

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Cris, great question. Yes, it’s safe to sign and return the scratch offs. Just make sure to use the return envelope that was provided. Have a good day!

6. cathy Harris says:

just received an email telling me to contact dlp2190@gmail.com get Danielle Lam for claims. Mega Winner. ???????????

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Cathy, we’re sorry, you’ve been contacted by a scammer pretending to be Danielle. Please check out this FAQ for some helpful information pertaining to scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe!

1. Angela Bean says:

I just recieved a email claiming i have won. The pchlotto online winnings… And to send my contact info and claim # to Todd Sloane..

7. Lee Church says:

I got a winners letter but o where on it did it say pch or Publishers Clearing House. I got the letter at the end of June.
    Tonight I got a call from someone with a heavy accent inquiring about the letter.
    I told him I didn’t believe him and informed him I was on the no call list. I am pretty surd pch is more formal than that..
    Lee Church
    Rocky Ford CO.

8. Mrs Brenda Bernhardy says:

Brenda just last week I received a phone call from a man calling himself Jeffery saying I won 25,000 dollars. I was so overwhelmed at first it went straight to my head !!!But then I became very suspicious when he told me to go to the closest Walgreen’s & load 250.00 dollars on a greendot card call them back for their deposit & I would have my prize money by next mornings. I called Walgreen’s they say no such thing then I new it was a scam!!! You’re devoted Pch player & dreamer!! ✔

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Brenda, you’re definitely describing a scam. PCH does not contact winners via phone and you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize. Please report this scam to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH, and be sure to check out our Fraud Protection site to find out how to stay safe: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe everyone!