How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!

PW_3_7

There are amazing free online lotto opportunities at PCHlotto — every day! Our fans know all about them — unfortunately, so do the criminals who use the Publishers Clearing House name in PCHlotto scams!

In fact, just the other day, I was talking to Sarah on our Social Media Team. She was telling me about a message she received on Facebook from a South Carolina fan who had gotten an email from a fraudster pretending to be from PCHlotto. This smart lady was able to tell that it was a scam and alert PCH right away. Good for her! We want you to be able to spot a PCHlotto scam right away, too!

Here are the Top 3 ways to determine if something is a PCHlotto scam:

1. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you receive a notification via email or Facebook notifying you that you’ve won. The fact is: Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto NEVER contact our big winners in advance. When Gerard Rivera won $1.25 Million from PCHlotto on 12/12/12, he found out when the Prize Patrol showed up at his door!

2. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re asked to send money to claim a prize. Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto will NEVER, EVER ask you to pay a fee  if you’ve won.  Nor would we ever ask you to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak Prepaid Card. At PCH the winning is always free!

3. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re being asked for excessive personal information. When our entrants sign up, we get the information we’d need to surprise them in the event that they’ve won — we won’t contact you to ask for more!  In the scam email described above, the scammer requested the following information: Full Name, Address, Sex, Nationality, Age, Occupation and more. If you’re actually won a BIG prize from PCH or PCHlotto, that just won’t happen!

So there you have it! Please remember the Top Three Warning Signs described above because playing at PCHlotto is much more fun when you have all the tools to protect yourself against PCHlotto scams!

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

398 thoughts on “How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!”

1. Carolyn A. Morgan says:

Got a phone call at 3:15pm, EST, telling me I won PCH prize for 2.5 million. Asked if I wanted public or private notification. Had all my info. Asked if I thought this was a joke: I said of course it was and “Jim” at 1-876-854-2186 hung up.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Carolyn, that is not the real PCH calling you; it’s a scammer that’s only pretending to be from PCH. Please do not call that number, do not give the scammer any personal info including bank account information, and definitely do not send them any money if they ask. If you haven’t already done so, please report that scam contact to us via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I encourage you to read these Safety Tips too: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips.

2. Mafi says:

Wow it’s incredible what people will do. I wish publishers clearing house would ring my door bell. I don’t believe the internet because of scams. Stay alert ladies. I like the games. Never win anything though. God bless you all.

3. Jazmine Brokaw says:

Is this a real email address from OH?
    I received it in my email today saying I was a winner and to forward that email to this email address.

pch.desk017@gmail.com

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Jazmine, the real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

1. Jazmine Brokaw says:

Thanks, good to know!

2. Terrance Lafayette says:

That’s a scam cause I just received one similar today. I know better. Why send me an email then tell me to forward to another email address smh

4. Jodi A Romano says:

Jodi, Received an E-Mail @ 6:14 AA.M. 9-18-2017 saying I won 850,000.00 USD. Another scam

5. cordarylo williams says:

i just got this email saying I won 850,000 dollars I play everyday on the app so i dont want to get to excited if its not true they ask for just my name age an address but not my race is this legit!! Also they sent me my claim code

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Cordarylo. That is not the real PCH calling you; it’s a scammer that’s only pretending to be from PCH. Please do not call that number, do not give the scammer any personal info including bank account information, and definitely do not send them any money if they ask. If you haven’t already done so, please report that scam contact to us via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I encourage you to read these Safety Tips too: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

6. Here’s a perfect scam asking for all my info.

You have emerged a winner of 850,000.00 USD in our recent PCH Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to pchclaim2017@usa.com

*Full Names
    *Residential Address
    *Telephone
    *Gender
    *Age

Congratulations
    Todd Sloane
    Publishers Clearing House Lottery

7. Jennifer says:

I just received an email seemingly from pch lotto signed by Dave Sloan. It had a claim number and looks super official except that the return email address appears Italian. It states that I’ve won $850,000 USD but I must send my name, address, age, sex,and nationality to claim my prize. It’s sickening that these scammers are trying to take advantage of people, and I hope no one is falling for it.

8. Natasha Webb says:

I just got an email saying I won 850,000.00. Send my full name, address, phone number, gender and my age to pchwinlotto@usa.com. Is this a scam?

1. Winifred Spasaro says:

I got the same email today 9/27/17.

9. Chioma says:

I just received a mail like this too.
    Funny cos am in Nigeria and I didn’t sign up for such.
    Its funnier cos am a Nigerian and have full knowledge of their schemes. Can’t fall for such…#proudly Nigerian

10. Patricia Bowell says:

I received a letter supposedly from PCH with an enclose check for $6900.00 the letters with a Security Code PCH-2017-AUG and a list of phone numbers signed by Peter Brown, Chief Finamcial Officer. My name on the check is misspelled however, the address is correct. It says the check is for insurance and attorney fees. Please reply to this as although I could use the money, I feel like this is a scam due to the misspelling of my name.