How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!

PW_3_7

There are amazing free online lotto opportunities at PCHlotto — every day! Our fans know all about them — unfortunately, so do the criminals who use the Publishers Clearing House name in PCHlotto scams!

In fact, just the other day, I was talking to Sarah on our Social Media Team. She was telling me about a message she received on Facebook from a South Carolina fan who had gotten an email from a fraudster pretending to be from PCHlotto. This smart lady was able to tell that it was a scam and alert PCH right away. Good for her! We want you to be able to spot a PCHlotto scam right away, too!

Here are the Top 3 ways to determine if something is a PCHlotto scam:

1. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you receive a notification via email or Facebook notifying you that you’ve won. The fact is: Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto NEVER contact our big winners in advance. When Gerard Rivera won $1.25 Million from PCHlotto on 12/12/12, he found out when the Prize Patrol showed up at his door!

2. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re asked to send money to claim a prize. Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto will NEVER, EVER ask you to pay a fee  if you’ve won.  Nor would we ever ask you to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak Prepaid Card. At PCH the winning is always free!

3. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re being asked for excessive personal information. When our entrants sign up, we get the information we’d need to surprise them in the event that they’ve won — we won’t contact you to ask for more!  In the scam email described above, the scammer requested the following information: Full Name, Address, Sex, Nationality, Age, Occupation and more. If you’re actually won a BIG prize from PCH or PCHlotto, that just won’t happen!

So there you have it! Please remember the Top Three Warning Signs described above because playing at PCHlotto is much more fun when you have all the tools to protect yourself against PCHlotto scams!

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

255 thoughts on “How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!”

1. Michael says:

Please let me know if this is a scam…..I received this email regarding PCH
    PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE (PCH) -NEW YEAR AWARDS
    In affilation with International Association of Gaming Regulators [IAGR]

Serial Number: 0426-2017
    You have been awarded to receive: $1,000,000.00 USD in the PCH New Year Giveaway.

Contact: pch.iagr2017@googlemail.com for claim and provide the following details below:

(1) NAME:
    (2) AGE:
    (3) ADDRESS:
    (4) SERIAL NUMBER:
    (5) PHONE NUMBER:

Send these above details to: pch.iagr2017@googlemail.com for your new year award release.

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM folder, It is because of the restrictions implemented by your Internet Service Provider, we urge you treat with utmost importance.

Signed, Andy Goldberg
    (CEO Publishers Clearing House

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Michael, the real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

2. Umaru Kamara says:

I’m requested pch officials and member’s to please claim and secure my winner prize numbers : 7427 6143 9414 , :: 7721 4621 6018 , :: 7421 7159 2410 , :: 7429 4083 7010 , :: 4720 3552 0216 , :: 4727 7385 7216 , :: 4727 7247 8113 , :: 4721 2844 3013 , :: 4424 7722 7111 , :: 4723 9401 1713 , :: 5724 0568 8724 , :: 6728 5641 1738 , :: 4423 5335 8910. That entries eligibility to win $5,000.00 a week forever on February 24th /17 from pch gwy no. 6900! And also win pch gwy no. 9294! Exclusive access cash prize. For the Urgent message from MR : Todd Sloane S.V.P of P.C.H, we are thanks pch officials and member’s for the lifetime tournament game opportunity credits. Thanks pch officials!

3. Christine Bas says:

According to the rules on the PCH lotto page, it says if you win you are contacted by email. I’ve checked it out myself. My husband was sent an email stating his 8 numbers were the winning pick. I went to the website mentioned in the email, and it took me to the PCH lotto page that has you pick 8 numbers. So now I’m confused. You say that PCH doesn’t notify winners by email, but the page clearly states email or in person.

4. Cheryl Collett says:

I too received the scam email from Todd Sloan and immediately checked the PCH site for scam info……

5. Shakiahjones28@gmail.com says:

If they never call what if you are not home,,,do you loose a prize if your barley at your residence?

6. Dontez says:

You have emerged email winner of 750,000.00 USD in the recent PCH Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to pchclaimsdepartmnt@foxmail.com

*Full Names
    *Residential Address
    *Telephone
    *Age

PCH Official Notification.
    Dave Higgins
    Claims Director

7. Mark Hypes says:

I just received this email

from Publishers Clearing House ;

You are the Email Winner of 850,000.00 USD in the recent Publishers Clearing House Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to pchlottooffice@foxmail.com
    Full Names:
    Residential Address
    Tel:
    Age
    Sex
    PCH LOTTO
    Mr. Todd Sloane

Thought I would share in case PCH people would want to try to track it down!!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We would like to let everyone know that you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize you may have won. Also, PCH will never contact winners via phone, text, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook requests, or private messages. The best thing about PCH is that it’s free to enter and free to win! Please report any and all scams to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe!

8. Rebecca Darby says:

I just received a call from a man claiming I’d won $2,500,000. He said his name was John Maker and that I had also won a 2016 Mercedes. He had me write down a bunch of info then said I needed to get a receipt for $285.55 to give to the company attorney Mary Lee when she arrived at my house with my prize. I’m assuming they will want me to purchase a green dot card because he said I could get the receipt at any Walmart or Krogers. The fee is to pay the 1% taxes on my prize. He went on to tell me that I should not tell anyone about this because his company had been robbed before. The call was an 876 number from Jamacia. He ussd the name John Maker.

9. Teresa Jackson says:

I got an email it told me to send a email to PCHLOTTOOFFICE@FOXMAIL.COM it said I won 850,000.00 USD they wanted to verify my address it gave a claim number 89773453 info@pchcsc.org it looked real but I did not reply I’m to scared it is a scam??

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Teresa, That is definitely a scammer who contacted you! PCH will never send friend requests, private messages, or winner notifications via Facebook; we also never ask for money to claim a prize. Do not give this person any personal information and certainly do not send them any money!! Instead, report them to PCH by completing a Scam Incident Report. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Check out this FAQ for info on how to stop scammers from contacting you on Facebook: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

1. derandall says:

Hello my name is Dorothy Randall
        I received and email stating that I won 75,000.00 USD in PCH lottery. It asked me to send my “contacts” to pchclaimsdepartmnt@foxmail.com. They also wanted my name, address, phone, and age. The claims director’s name is Dave Higgins. Did I really win?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We would like to let everyone know that you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize you may have won. Also, PCH will never contact winners via phone, text, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook requests, or private messages. The best thing about PCH is that it’s free to enter and free to win! Check out this blog to find out how to prevent scammers from contacting you: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please report any and all scams to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe!

2. Terri C says:

I received this same exact email today and it asked for the same thing. Being that I am currently staying in a shelter, of course I was excited. Although I am greatly relieved that I searched the email and came across this scam alert, I am also highly disappointed because I thought this was a way for me t get my children and I out of the shelter. This post is very much appreciated.