How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!

PW_3_7

There are amazing free online lotto opportunities at PCHlotto — every day! Our fans know all about them — unfortunately, so do the criminals who use the Publishers Clearing House name in PCHlotto scams!

In fact, just the other day, I was talking to Sarah on our Social Media Team. She was telling me about a message she received on Facebook from a South Carolina fan who had gotten an email from a fraudster pretending to be from PCHlotto. This smart lady was able to tell that it was a scam and alert PCH right away. Good for her! We want you to be able to spot a PCHlotto scam right away, too!

Here are the Top 3 ways to determine if something is a PCHlotto scam:

1. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you receive a notification via email or Facebook notifying you that you’ve won. The fact is: Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto NEVER contact our big winners in advance. When Gerard Rivera won $1.25 Million from PCHlotto on 12/12/12, he found out when the Prize Patrol showed up at his door!

2. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re asked to send money to claim a prize. Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto will NEVER, EVER ask you to pay a fee  if you’ve won.  Nor would we ever ask you to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak Prepaid Card. At PCH the winning is always free!

3. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re being asked for excessive personal information. When our entrants sign up, we get the information we’d need to surprise them in the event that they’ve won — we won’t contact you to ask for more!  In the scam email described above, the scammer requested the following information: Full Name, Address, Sex, Nationality, Age, Occupation and more. If you’re actually won a BIG prize from PCH or PCHlotto, that just won’t happen!

So there you have it! Please remember the Top Three Warning Signs described above because playing at PCHlotto is much more fun when you have all the tools to protect yourself against PCHlotto scams!

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

275 thoughts on “How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!”

1. Artisha Norman says:

I received one too. Glad I found this post.

2. Kimlong says:

Who knows about please reply me please?

3. Kimlong says:

For my comments I want to know that is real or not ?

4. Kimlong says:

Hello a few day ago I got email I have won $ 850.000.00
    They say my check is hand by skynet worldwide express service
    They say I need to pay fee for delivery check to
    Me . That cheating right ?

5. Melissa Agee says:

I received this message from 2/8/17.

You have emerged a winner of 550,000.00 USD in our recent PCH Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to gavin_jones@qq.com.

*Full Names
    *Residential Address
    *Telephone
    *Age

Mr. Gavin Jones
    PCH Official Notification.
    Claims Director

Then another message saying to contact Skyways Logistics & Courier Service with a claims code number.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Melissa, the real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

1. Jan Davidson says:

Just received a call that I had won $500,000 and a New Mercedes. Wanted me to go to western union and send $265 to Lynn Collette 609 Ave. I-Markham TX 77456.
        The phoner’s name was John Phillips. That is the name he gave me. Just called back to see if I had sent the money yet. He left a message , I didn’t answer.
        Said the Ptize Patrol was on its way to my house.
        Wanted you to know this.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Jan, that is not the real PCH calling you; it’s a scammer that’s only pretending to be from PCH. Please do not call that number, do not give the scammer any personal info including bank account information, and definitely do not send them any money if they ask. If you haven’t already done so, please report that scam contact to us via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I encourage you to read these Safety Tips too: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

6. Vicki Embree says:

This was the email I received today

You have been awarded the Publishers Clearing House February Sweepstakes prize, for more details/claims contact ( sweepstakes.pch@hotmail.com )

7. Jasmine says:

I received an email from Todd Sloane stating to send my Name, Address and Email Address to Skynet Worldwide Express Service to send a check. Is this a scam?

8. derrick vanhook says:

I just encountered the same thing , even though I just got a real check in the mail yesterday!!

1. Trista L Rosenberger says:

Was the letter you recieved saying the same thing as the letter people have said before the one about winning 550,000??

9. Mary Chambers says:

Received this thinking is scam:——=_NextPart_000_0093_01C2A75B.3021C0EC
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset=”Windows-1251″
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

You have emerged a winner of 550,000.00 USD in our recent PCH Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to gavin_jones@qq.com.

*Full Names

b250YWN0cyB0byBnYXZpbl9qb25lc0BxcS5jb20uDQoNCipGdWxsIE5hbWVz
    DQoqUmVzaWRlbnRpYWwgQWRkcmVzcw0KKlRlbGVwaG9uZQ0KKkFnZQ0KDQoN
    Ck1yLiBHYXZpbiBKb25lcw0KUENIIE9mZmljaWFsIE5vdGlmaWNhdGlvbi4N
    CkNsYWltcyBEaXJlY3Rvcg==

——=_NextPart_000_0093_01C2A75B.3021C0EC–from PCH lotto.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Mary, please report all contacts from scammers to PCH via this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. PCH does partner with the Federal Trade Commission and we send all scam reports to them so please make sure you let us know anytime a scammer contacts you. Remember, the real PCH never notifies major prize winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask winners to pay to claim their prize. You can see more Safety Tips here: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim.

10. Lynda Zachery says:

I received pretty much the same email as most here did. I decided to check it out before I did anything. A red flag for me was a notification at the bottom of the email saying Attachments in this email may contain harmful content & cannot be downloaded.