How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!

PW_3_7

There are amazing free online lotto opportunities at PCHlotto — every day! Our fans know all about them — unfortunately, so do the criminals who use the Publishers Clearing House name in PCHlotto scams!

In fact, just the other day, I was talking to Sarah on our Social Media Team. She was telling me about a message she received on Facebook from a South Carolina fan who had gotten an email from a fraudster pretending to be from PCHlotto. This smart lady was able to tell that it was a scam and alert PCH right away. Good for her! We want you to be able to spot a PCHlotto scam right away, too!

Here are the Top 3 ways to determine if something is a PCHlotto scam:

1. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you receive a notification via email or Facebook notifying you that you’ve won. The fact is: Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto NEVER contact our big winners in advance. When Gerard Rivera won $1.25 Million from PCHlotto on 12/12/12, he found out when the Prize Patrol showed up at his door!

2. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re asked to send money to claim a prize. Publishers Clearing House and PCHlotto will NEVER, EVER ask you to pay a fee  if you’ve won.  Nor would we ever ask you to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak Prepaid Card. At PCH the winning is always free!

3. You’ll know it’s a PCHlotto scam if you’re being asked for excessive personal information. When our entrants sign up, we get the information we’d need to surprise them in the event that they’ve won — we won’t contact you to ask for more!  In the scam email described above, the scammer requested the following information: Full Name, Address, Sex, Nationality, Age, Occupation and more. If you’re actually won a BIG prize from PCH or PCHlotto, that just won’t happen!

So there you have it! Please remember the Top Three Warning Signs described above because playing at PCHlotto is much more fun when you have all the tools to protect yourself against PCHlotto scams!

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

229 thoughts on “How To Spot A PCHlotto Scam — Top Three Warning Signs!”

1. Ken Bernard says:

This is a txt I received.,….dfeeley@regis.edu Subj: ##
    Your Cell Was Picked In P C H Xmas Draw
    Provide Names Address to pchbigger@hotmail.com

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Ken, that is definitely a scammer who contacted you! PCH will never send friend requests, private messages, or winner notifications via Facebook; we also never ask for money to claim a prize. Do not give this person any personal information and certainly do not send them any money!! Instead, report them to PCH by completing a Scam Incident Report. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Check out this FAQ for info on how to stop scammers from contacting you on Facebook: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

2. Fai says:

Hi I got text about the xmas draw just asking for my address to a email. Is this a scam

3. Dane says:

add me to that list as well. Just got a text same same names and address

4. Mich says:

Text scam alert. P c h Xmas draw, dfeeley@regis.edu is the email asking for names and addresses. Claiming the cell number has been picked out for a draw.
    Merry Christmas 🎄

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Mich, the real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard text message, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

5. Erica says:

I received a text that says my number was selected for pch Christmas draw to email back the names and address. Is this a scam?

1. Alyx says:

I just did as well.. Says nothing about what I may have won, from 999-999-9999

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Alyx, the real PCH doesn’t notify our major prize winners via phone, standard text message, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!!

2. Karrie says:

I just received the same Erica, I don’t recall giving my numzber out to anyone so I’m pretty sure it’s a scam.

1. Katrina says:

I just received a text too asking for my name and address. Pretty sure it’s a scam.

1. Brandon says:

Just got the exact same text

1. Ariel says: