As a PCH’er for 35 years and a Prize Patrol’er for 28, I have personally racked up a lot of statistics — like:
- Well over a quarter billion dollars’ worth of prizes awarded.
- Almost a thousand “winning moments.”
- Visits to 48 of our 50 states (including Alaska and Hawaii),
- “Big Check” deliveries to huge cities and tiny towns that are hard to find on a map.
- We’ve surprised winners in houses, apartments, trailers, offices, factories, schools and hospitals. We even surprised a woman at 36,000 feet on a transcontinental jet.
- Winners of every description: men and women, young and old, every occupation, new parents, great-great grandparents, all kinds of ethnicities, and on and on.
And next year PCH will celebrate half a century of making dreams come true when we mark the 50th anniversary of our fabulous sweepstakes’ founding!
“Well that’s all very nice,” you might be thinking. “But … I’ve been entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes faithfully for ages – and I haven’t won a thing. Boo hoo. When are you gonna ring MY doorbell?”
I wish that we could promise you we’d ring your doorbell “Real soon!” But our prize winners are selected on a strictly random basis from many sweepstakes entries, so we really can’t provide any guarantees. However, there is one thing I can guarantee: If you don’t enter you won’t win.
I can also promise you that every entry you send in (online or by mail) will be treated fairly so that your chances of winning are as good as anybody else’s.
Finally, I want to encourage you to “keep at it.” We know from experience that our winners have a positive attitude and don’t give up. Here are some of the things lucky winners have said right to our TV cameras:
- “I entered every day!”
- “Someone has to win. Why not me?”
- “My friends laughed at my entering – but I have the last laugh!”
- “It’s easy! It’s free! It’s a no-brainer!”
So, I urge you to “keep the faith.” Enter every day, and we could ring your doorbell – with a Big Check, balloons and roses in hand!
Wishing you all the best.
PCH Prize Patrol Ambassador