It’s officially the season of the grill! Whether you are grilling indoors or outdoors this summer, most of us are going to spend some time at the grill or around it, patiently waiting for some delicious goodness. But before all of that happens, you’ll need to prepare your meal with a delicious recipe for the grill. And I couldn’t think of a better place to find one than my favorite search engine at PCHSearch&Win!
One of the fastest and easiest grilled foods I have come to love is kebabs. I’m sure that some of you are grill geniuses, but some of us are not, like myself. Thank goodness kebabs are easy to make and easy to maneuver on the grill. Just thread ingredients onto skewers and then place your kebabs on the grill!
Another great aspect of kebabs is that you can include all of your favorite ingredients such as meats, vegetables, and even some fruits if you want to get creative! There isn’t too much that goes into making kebabs, and that’s why they are fantastic. Simply cut your favorite ingredients into small pieces, season on the spot or marinate for some time. But I was amazed at the variety of recipes and number of tips I found at PCHSearch&Win!
Firing up the grill is not just a fun activity that brings families together, but it is also a very healthy cooking option. It melts away fat and helps to retain nutrients in food. So, let me know what is your favorite food to grill?
I found some of my favorite recipes on PCHSearch&Win. Here are my top 2!
- Bacon-Beef Kebabs – cut bacon strips and cube beef. Season with salt, pepper and onion powder. Cube pineapple for some sweetness, slice some bell peppers and add some cherry tomatoes onto your skewers to balance all the meaty goodness! Grill, basting with a mix of equal parts barbecue sauce and olive oil. YUMMM!
- Shrimp and Sweet Potato Kebabs – Cube sweet potatoes and toss in some olive oil, rosemary and chili powder. Roast in a pan for approximately 20 minutes until almost tender. Whisk together lemon, olive oil and chili powder, then allow shrimp to marinate in mixture. Save some for basting! Then it’s time for skewers and to fire up the grill! This won’t take too long to grill, so keep your eyes on it!
Find both recipes and much more on PCHSearch&Win. While searching for the best recipes, I found some great grilling tips, too, that I must share with my blog readers!
- Keep Your Grill Clean. This will reduce flare-ups and help you to get the best flavor possible!
- Man your grill.
- Know the right temperature and slice meat thinly for faster cooking. You can use a thermometer to ensure that your meat is fully cooked.
- Marinate! Marinate!
- Give finished meats a rest on a clean platter so juices can redistribute evenly.
Check out PCHSearch&Win for tips that are specific to the type of grill you have!
I do hope you have a yummy summer!
PCH Creative Intern