One of the hardest things about returning to office life is leaving behind your four-legged fur baby to watch you go. That’s why we at PCH love Take Your Dog to Work Day!
PCH Takes a Dog To Work – Every Day!
When it comes to dogs who get to go to work with their owners not just on June 24 but all the time, Lil Chuck has it good! PCH’s own pug mascot gets to ride along with Howie and Danielle in the Prize Patrol van, happily awarding PCH winners their prizes with a few affectionate kisses and that famous pug smile.
Did you know pugs are one of the most ancient breeds on Earth, originating as Chinese royal lap dogs around 400 B.C. or even before? There’s even an old Tibetan legend that says if a human touches a newly hatched eagle, it will turn into a pug. There’s nothing Lil Chuck would want to do more than fly like an eagle to the newest PCH prize winner, but for now he’s got to be satisfied with a front-row seat in the Prize Patrol van!
Tips to Take Your Dog to Work Like Lil Chuck!
The unofficial holiday was created by Pet Sitters International in 1999 as a way not only to celebrate pets everywhere, but also to encourage adoption. Here are a few tips for celebrating it!
- Hold contests! These could be best tricks, best costumes, even owner-pet look-alikes.
- Fundraise! Arrange a silent auction to benefit your local shelter.
- Collect donations! These can be used but clean towels and pet beds, food your pet doesn’t like, toys they never played with.
- Display photos! Collect your coworkers’ favorite snaps of their pets and display on a wall, or digitally on the company’s social media.
- Invite an adopt-a-pet volunteer! They may be able to bring a few dogs that are up for adoption, or introduce them in a presentation.
Don’t Forget to Keep Playing!
In between all that pet adoration, PCH has plenty of ways to get Lil Chuck to show up at your doorstep! Take any of our hundreds of 20-question pet quizzes, like this one on toy dog breeds – hey, pugs! You’ll score 200 tokens for each correct answer– that’s a whopping 4,000 tokens per quiz for answering 100% correctly! You can also peruse a short, entertaining slideshow at PCHfrontpage and, if you click through to another slideshow, you’ll bank 1,000 tokens. Pretty easy, right? You’re welcome!