Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam With Danielle’s Tips

Hi everyone, it’s Danielle with the Prize Patrol!  Did you know that I have a Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol Fan Page on Facebook where I post behind the scenes insight about our Sweepstakes Headquarters, plus updates from the road? It’s also the PERFECT place for me to talk to fans about our Sweepstakes, winning moments and life overall. I’m so happy that the page has grown to over 42,000 “LIKES” – WOW!!!

I personally think that being a Prize Patrol member is the most fun, rewarding, exciting job there is — and clearly other people do too, because there are people PRETENDING to be ME on Facebook! And I do not want any of you to get fooled because it’s not really me, it’s a Publishers Clearing House scam! Now they say imitation is the best form of flattery, but THIS is certainly not the case.  These pretenders are Facebook SCAMMERS that try to dupe our fans on Facebook into sending them sensitive information or money to claim prizes. It makes me so angry because the REAL Prize Patrol would never do that!

I want to do EVERYTHING I can to make sure our fans do NOT get scammed through these Facebook scammers, so here are easy tips to follow:

#1 – The ONLY legitimate PCH Fan pages are pages that I personally LIKE: Publishers Clearing House, PCHSearchAndWin, PCHgames, PCHlotto, PCHtips, Candystand.com, Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol, Todd Sloane At PCH, Alan Sterling At PCH, Jussie Wilder At PCH, Laura Wolfe At PCH, Victoria Zimmerman At PCH and Deborah Holland. If it’s not liked by me: It’s a Publishers Clearing House scam!

#2 – We don’t send friend requests on Facebook.  If you receive a friend request from someone on the Prize Patrol or anyone saying they work for us: It’s a Publishers Clearing House scam!

#3 – The Prize Patrol DOES NOT send private messages on Facebook. If you receive an IM or Message, it is NOT the real Prize Patrol: It’s a Publishers Clearing House scam!

#4 – We NEVER notify winners on Facebook. If you receive any winner notifications on Facebook, you guessed it: It’s a Publishers Clearing House scam!

With these simple rules, it should be easy for you to identify Facebook scammers.  If you EVER have any questions though about whether something is a Publishers Clearing House scam or not, I AM HERE FOR YOU!  Just go to my Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol Page on Facebook and write on my wall – or you can post a comment here on the blog!

Danielle Lam

132 thoughts on “Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam With Danielle’s Tips”

1. Amy Jo Caruso says:

I just received an e-mail today from “PCHSearch.com” asking me to respond, such as the one I just got that says “ACTIVATION SEQUENCE: INITIATED” at the top. Are such emails actually from the legit PCH or are they scams? I know about the Facebook PCH scams, but how about these emails? It also brought me to the PCH blog with one of my replies. This was stated above in January; however, I have never received this until today and am quite confused. Thank you as I am, and will continue to be, a PCH fan!

2. Nisai Gibbs says:

I just received a fb message saying I won 2000,000 and 10,000 for life. From what I have read, I have just been scammed!

3. sue williams says:

So dissapointing to be ask to add you on facebook get email saying I won! I am divorced single mom having a very hard time making it ! I know it was nt you ask me t go to walgreens! I dont even have anymoney anyway they tried to scam a broke person when they picked me lol! Would be a miracle if I actually did win! I am a fan of PCH been entering for 30 yrs! Gives us hope sad someone tries to scam people like this?? Not your fault just wanted people to know someone is doing this!

4. Betty Heath says:

I received an email from Elizabeth Banks about my winning ONE MILLION USD. Her email states the address for Publishers Clearing House as being located in the UK. I’m sure it’s a scam but would like confirmation from you. Thank you.

5. RITA WEAVER says:

I received friend request from Danielle lam on facebook! I accepted and had @ blast making them think I was stupid enough to play along!! went to extremes to let them know I was @ walgreens purchasing @ green dot card, that they instructed ne to get. I even went as far as to put in ###s! felt good to have punked them!!!

6. DEBBIE BRANN says:

I’M BEING CONTACTED NOW AS A “DEFINITE WINNER” AND THEY WANT MONEY CARDS…….:-(

7. Natela Goodwin says:

Hello Danielle,
    I have received an e-mail from Elizabeth Hanks saying that I have won $1,000,000.00 in PCH Sweepstakes. The e-mail is asking for my name, address, mobile #, sex, occupation, country.
    Seems like a scam to me.
    Would you please help me figure it out?
    Thank you!

8. Natela Goodwin says:

Hello, I have received an e-mail from Elizabeth Hanks (info@optonline.net) saying that I have won 1,000,000.00 dollars from PCH. I have entered the sweepstakes many years ago and bought some magazines from PCH.
    The e-mail is asking for my name, address, mobile number, sex, occupation and country.
    It seems like a scam to me, would you please let me know?
    Thank you very much!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Natela – That is definitely a scammer trying to get your personal information and money! The real PCH does not notify winners in advance. The only way you’d know you won is if the Prize Patrol were at your door. Please report this to abuse@pch.com.

9. Sarah Gray says:

I recently just got a friend request from Dave Sayer, so I confirm the request, then I get a message from him this morning saying that I won eight hundred and fifty grand, and they’re asking me to pay with a walmart money card in the mountains $700 for them to come to my house Wednesday to deliver my check.also say that the money won’t be took off the card until they bring me my money that I won.is this a scam.?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

That is definitely a scam Sarah! You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize and we do not notify winners in advance. Do not give this scammer any of your personal information or money! Please report them to abuse@pch.com