You Can Help Us Stop PCH Scams!

At Publishers Clearing House we take consumer protection and the fraudulent use of our good name in PCH scams very seriously. We’re working with authorities to stop these scams and doing everything we can to educate and protect fans like you!

Well, it turns out we’re not alone. Just a few days ago, we came across a blog post from Toni H., a blogger who was contacted by a PCH scammer. Titled “From Millionaire To Broke In 3 Hours With PCH Scam,” her blog post urges readers to beware of these scammers and come together to stop them.

I knew I had to find out more about Toni’s scam experience so I could share it with all of you. Below is my interview with her. Please note that all the graphics displayed were sent by the scammers, not the real PCH!

Amanda: Before writing your blog, had you ever entered our PCH Sweeps?
I had not thought about Sweepstakes for some time. Not because I do not believe in the magic, I do. In the past, except maybe the last 10 years, I entered every chance I had.

Amanda: How were you contacted about the PCH scam?
Through a series of emails. I thought this odd since I’d never before seen an email from Publishers Clearing House, but it felt credible. That’s a key thing I think, we do not as consumers realize how good these people attempting to scam us are in terms of masquerading themselves as legitimate.

Amanda: What did the e-mail say?
They told me I had won. They asked for my name, age, gender and address, which also contained information of their supposed credible details and how I was chosen to win.

This is the first PCH scam email Toni received.

Amanda: Did they ask you to send money?
They did ask for money, but not until they believed I was hooked. Once they had the information requested (name, age, etc…), I received the shocking amount needed to ship my check and the envelope. They even had the weight of each item (paper) and what the cost was for each. An itemized statement for what it would cost me to win!

This PCH scam asked Toni to send money to collect her winnings. Remember, at the real PCH, the winning is ALWAYS FREE!

Amanda: How did you know it was a scam?
The request that I keep my winnings confidential. Why would PCH want me to stay quiet about winning? And another item that caught my suspicious eyes is that this is because of their “security protocol to avoid multiple claims”. Absolutely one of the biggest things that stood out was having to “Pay To Win”.

Amanda: Is there anything else that might help others spot PCH scams?
The lack of punctuation and the vernacular of the writer was off. The fact that there was a third-party involved from England, UK, and that it was a securities company also raised my eyebrows.

This PCH Scam used an address in the UK. Remember, PCH Headquarters are in Port Washington, New York!

Amanda: What final words of advice do you have for others?
Toni: It takes little out of us to pass forward details that you become aware of that might save one person some stress and heartache concerning scams in this world.

I couldn’t agree with you more, Toni! As for you blog readers, I hope you will be smart like Toni was and look out for warning signs like scammers asking for money. Remember, you NEVER need to pay a dime to claim a Publishers Clearing House prize! If you ever receive a suspicious letter, email or telephone call where someone is fraudulently claiming to be from PCH, please contact us. And if you want to help us spread the word about PCH scams and keep more people safe, please share this blog with your family and friends.

Amanda C., PCH Creative

Amanda C.
PCH Creative

63 thoughts on “You Can Help Us Stop PCH Scams!”

1. I’m claiming double standard prize $10,000,00 a week for life gwy4900 plus $1,000,000,00 Superprize gwy 4950 from a special early look definitely December 30th

2. Penny says:

I was contacted by Danielle Lamm that I was selected to win and that her manager would be contacting me about the time to deliver my prize. He did call but had an accent and did not say the same as the other message. Then I heard a child in the background. Knew then this was total

3. don says:

Dear Pch Winner:

This is to inform you that Elite Courier are responsible for the delivery of your winning check to you,and you are advise to call back again ,please you are advise to confirm the bellow information for proper documentation of your claim so that the delivery and TV crew can commence to your address:

Full Name:

Postal Address:

Mr Harry Jenkins

4. don says:

I got the same email from england

1. don says:

I knew it was a scam from the first email. This came from a google search for app download, the endless quest for the “free download” putting data miners to steal my info all the way. When I finally passed the gauntlet , the free download was a picture of the box that the software I was seeking comes in. With an added bonus:::: a Trojan virus. My antivirus alerted me that it intercepted the virus, so I did a complete scan and found 16 trackers and removed them. emailed PCH , who did nothing. These scammers are sophisticated. And use the implants to compromise your email, passwords, and banking info. I’ve been scammed out of $1300 before, reported it to the FBI, Homeland Security, the FCC, and the Post Master general. As well as Google, and Outlook. And to think this pages offer of help is anymore than a way to provide PCH with a digital record to show that they are working on stopping these scammers. Nothing more. To think otherwise is as foolish as sending a scammer money.

2. don says:

it says my comments are awaiting moderation. censoring the responses, can’t wait to see how that plays out so I can add that to facebook also

5. carla m Antee says:

Carla Michelle Antee of Natchitoches LA NBC Newest Winner Scam hurt you

6. Julie Winner says:

I was contacted last night by a scammer pretending to be Dave…I won 2 Million dollars + 10,000 a week for life. They needed me to purchase a $200.00 scratch card to pay for the initial insurance of setting up with the IRS, taking the money from state to state to reach me etc….I looked up Face book PCH scams last night after the request for $200.00, and found that it was a scam. I reported to facebook and just now I got a voice message from “Dave” who looks to be holidaying in Jamaica lol as this is where the call came from. All the messaging was removed from the facebook IM over night and so I was surprised the tried to call.

7. I would be more than happy to help in catching all these scamers just today I got another letter saying I won all this money but can’t see release it until I send them $20 for processing fee’s so “yes” I want to help just tell me what to do to help and I will. Debra

8. bobby says:

Certainly a fun wast of time.
    Especially when ALL the “instant winner” games freeze up!
    Im done with this scam. winners!