How To Spot Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Scams!

Hi blog readers! Have you ever received a message from someone who claims to work for PCH? Maybe the message notified you that you won a big prize. Maybe it told you that you needed to pay money to claim that prize. Unfortunately, these messages are Publishers Clearing House scams! They are not from the real Publishers Clearing House. We’ve done a lot here on the blog to try to alert you to these PCH scams, but we thought it might be helpful to provide you with some excerpts from actual scams that were sent by fraudsters illegally using the PCH name, in order to dupe you.

Before we get started, here are few important things to remember: You NEVER have to pay to claim a PCH prize. Winners of our larger prize award amounts are surprised in person by the Prize Patrol, NOT sent messages on Facebook or emails like this. Publishers Clearing House scams often have MANY spelling and grammatical errors. Try to read them out loud … you’ll see how nonsensical they sound. An official PCH message would not be written like that!

Let’s get started!

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

For starters, none of the above or these contest details are legitimate. If you were to ask a PCH employee about a “Super Bucks Giveaway,” we would be quick to tell you it does not exist. Also, we are in no way associated with the U.S. Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission. AND if you were to use PCHSearch&Win to research that supposed government authority, you would find that it does not even exist in the U.S.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

Again, the grammar is off in many places. Just a few examples: “you are been advised,” and “your fund remitted to your account”. Plus, take a look at how the prize amount is written: “$1.200,000.00”. There’s a decimal instead of a comma after the “1”.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

They repeated the “this is part of our security protocol” sentence TWICE within the same paragraph! Also, PCH never asks you to keep quiet about your winnings. Quite the opposite! We’re always proudly posting pictures and videos of our winners! But the scammers want you to stay quiet so they can get your money without the authorities finding out.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

It’s easy! This message contains the BIGGEST red flag — it asks you to pay money to claim your prize. Remember: you NEVER have to pay or make any purchase to claim a prize from Publishers Clearing House. Also, if you ever hear/see the words “GREEN DOT MONEY PAK CARD” in a message from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House, head for the hills! The scammers will take the account numbers from this card, cash the money you spent on it, and never award you the prize, because there never was a real prize — they are scammers.

There you have it folks. These are just a few ways you can spot PCH scams! As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know!

Stay safe everyone!

Laura Wolfe @ PCH

510 thoughts on “How To Spot Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Scams!”

1. Carey Jo St. John says:

My step mother got multiple phone calls from a David Anderson saying she had won 1.5 million and a new 2015 Mercedes and to send 200 to her credit union for processing paperwork he called almost everyday reassuring her it was for real for two weeks she never sent any money but played it out until he said he was coming with the car and money on July 3rd the day came and her credit union was closed and he wouldn’t leave her alone bout sending the money to Nigel Lawrence in Jamaica W I. or to Detroit where he was supposedly coming from with the car and money order. She was told by an innocent bystander that she had heard that Nigel Lawrence was on the attorney generals blacklist!

2. paige says:

my mother got a phone call from a David Mathews saying she won 2 1/2 million and the check would come ups? She has to call him back later tonight.

3. John says:

I received a check from the multi-state lottery for$ 7, 720.99 it is suppose to go toward lawyers fees, I am also suppose to deposit the check today, they listed Publishers Clearing House as a sponser.
    After reading your warnings, I would like to know what I should do?

1. daddysathome says:

John, I received the same thing. It must be a scam. It said I finished third in the 50,000,000 prize draw and would receive 1.5 million. did yours say something similar?

4. Sherri says:

Hi, got an email notification that reads: This notification is from The Publishers Clearing House (PCH). Kindly contact our accredited fiduciary agent Mr. Marcus Steve with your full details such as your name, cell number and address for processing and payment of your winning prize.

Contact Person: Marcus Steve
    Contain E-mail:pchenquirydept@qq.com

Regards,
    PCH Notification team

1. Earnestine says:

I received the same notification. Who is this man and how can this be stopped?

1. Lora says:

I got the same message.

2. Sue says:

I received the same email also. Scam!

5. John neal says:

I go a email from microsoft and outlook saying I win 8000.0000 kdollar Has anyone got one like that to contact’s elite carriers in UK

6. Gladys Walgren says:

I just got a letter that I had won @2500,000.00 and they sent me a check for $6,890.20 to pay the insurance and attorney fees. I am to contact Marianna DeLuca before I cash the check to find out what I’m to do with it.
    According to state and federal law the information has to be kept confidential to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to my prize.
    Signed by Peter Brown
    Chief Financial Officer

7. pch is a scam…………….

8. Michael Shannon says:

I just got a text from a Victoria Zimmerman claiming to be a PCH crew member and to me that I had won 1.2 million dollars, but I had to provide 2% responsibility fee and a processing fee a total of 400 dollas.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Michael – That is definitely a scammer impersonating a PCH employee! PCH never contacts winners in advance and you never have to pay to claim a PCH prize! The only way you would know if you won is by the Prize Patrol showing up at your door. Do not give scammers any of your personal information or money! Please report this scammer to abuse@pch.com and check out these helpful tips: http://bit.ly/_FraudProtection_

9. amanda says:

I got a Facebook message for a guy Nam bill Anderson saying he works for you guys he said I won a lottery throw you of 5000. But guess they won send it on in less I pay 250 for FedEx told guy didn’t have that kind of money so give it to someone else he said he’d pay for it as long when I get the check cashed I’d send him the 250 but to him