How To Spot Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Scams!

Hi blog readers! Have you ever received a message from someone who claims to work for PCH? Maybe the message notified you that you won a big prize. Maybe it told you that you needed to pay money to claim that prize. Unfortunately, these messages are Publishers Clearing House scams! They are not from the real Publishers Clearing House. We’ve done a lot here on the blog to try to alert you to these PCH scams, but we thought it might be helpful to provide you with some excerpts from actual scams that were sent by fraudsters illegally using the PCH name, in order to dupe you.

Before we get started, here are few important things to remember: You NEVER have to pay to claim a PCH prize. Winners of our larger prize award amounts are surprised in person by the Prize Patrol, NOT sent messages on Facebook or emails like this. Publishers Clearing House scams often have MANY spelling and grammatical errors. Try to read them out loud … you’ll see how nonsensical they sound. An official PCH message would not be written like that!

Let’s get started!

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

For starters, none of the above or these contest details are legitimate. If you were to ask a PCH employee about a “Super Bucks Giveaway,” we would be quick to tell you it does not exist. Also, we are in no way associated with the U.S. Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission. AND if you were to use PCHSearch&Win to research that supposed government authority, you would find that it does not even exist in the U.S.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

Again, the grammar is off in many places. Just a few examples: “you are been advised,” and “your fund remitted to your account”. Plus, take a look at how the prize amount is written: “$1.200,000.00”. There’s a decimal instead of a comma after the “1”.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

They repeated the “this is part of our security protocol” sentence TWICE within the same paragraph! Also, PCH never asks you to keep quiet about your winnings. Quite the opposite! We’re always proudly posting pictures and videos of our winners! But the scammers want you to stay quiet so they can get your money without the authorities finding out.

This message is not from PCH, it is a PCH SCAM! How can you tell?

It’s easy! This message contains the BIGGEST red flag — it asks you to pay money to claim your prize. Remember: you NEVER have to pay or make any purchase to claim a prize from Publishers Clearing House. Also, if you ever hear/see the words “GREEN DOT MONEY PAK CARD” in a message from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House, head for the hills! The scammers will take the account numbers from this card, cash the money you spent on it, and never award you the prize, because there never was a real prize — they are scammers.

There you have it folks. These are just a few ways you can spot PCH scams! As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know!

Stay safe everyone!

Laura Wolfe @ PCH

468 thoughts on “How To Spot Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Scams!”

1. I really believe what you’re warning us about,I’ve heard of this being done quite a few times.Thank You for the information very much.

2. stephanie mcgeshick says:

Crazy I just got one of those in my email some people.

3. Debbie Rivera says:

I just got a call today. They said I won $750,000 but had to send IRS 10% first. They were lagging on information to me but were pushy about getting $750 to IRS. When I asked for the information of where to send money to IRS they ended up hanging up.
    Call took almost 30 minutes and in the end they gave up.

4. Wendy says:

Someone just called and said he was from PCH and won second place prize. I needed a claimed receipts and would cost $149.00. Told him I was broke and he left his name and number for me to call when I get the money. Eric Red 011-463-5904. Just wanted people to know, so they can watch out. The phone call came up unavailable on the caller ID.

5. JEAN mCkAIN says:

wHAT IS IDD?

6. Shirley says:

They will not leave me alone another call today. Can someone tell me how to stop this? I’ve been contacted 5 or 6 time on winning, when I don’t answer they get on messanger. There got to be a way to stop them. Help anyone! !!!

1. Diane says:

I filed an on-line complaint with the FCC about the phone calls all stemming from Jamaica area code (876) It took ten minutes. I was getting 25-30 calls a day. I also blocked the maximum allowed on my Call Blocking for the phone numbers. I called my provider Comcast Xfinity and put through a request to block all calls from area code (876) so far two days no calls. Interestingly enough received a letter in the mail today with a check for $6,749.80 drawn on JP Morgan Chase Bank with a notification of my$10.000.000.00 win. They just don’t quit!!!

7. Brian Beck says:

Hello PCH AFTER PLAYING GAMES AND SEARCHING I GET PROMOTIONS SOME SAYS FROM OTHER Endorsements AND SOME SAYS FROM YOUR ALLS ENDORSEMENTS LIKE THE PREPAID CARDS FOR ELECTRONIC PAYMENT OR Come to CARE DEALERSHIP TO WRITE CHECK FOR VEHICLE I PLAY AND SEARCH ALL DAY AND NIGHT DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ON ONE IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT ME BLOGGING THAT I SHOULDN’T DO THAT ASKING FOR SIGNATURE IS ANY OF THIS YOU OR SCAM

8. Sharon says:

I have received a phone call yesterday. I knew it was not PCH but let him talk to see what the scam was. He tried to get personal information from me, which of course I would not give him. He finally said I needed $499.99 to claim my gold seal for my check. When I finished laughing I told him it was fun talking to him but I didn’t have time for his scam. Is there anyway to report this. I hate to think of someone who would fall for this. He actually just called back and said he would have the Attorney General call me to verify this was true…..Lol!

9. Trish says:

I get 2 to 3 notices a day. Use our search engine and win even more. Hurry deadline is midnight. PCH is that you? would you make me hate you over Too many emails ?