5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,205 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Felicia says:

I got a call today from David Freeman also from a Jamaica number telling me I won 2.5 million and I had to send 289.16 to a CEO manager that took care of the taxes for me. He said name was Sengo Dixon…..

2. Shawanda says:

Received acall from a Lloyd Sportsman from a Jamaicn number 8764454037 claiming i won 950,000 and a white GMC. He asked for me to western union $85

3. Connie Berg says:

I received a call today from the I R S saying that I won $5,000,000. From publisher clearing house . He said that I did not return paper work for them and that P c h sent them the item to handle . He gave me his badge number , name and phone number . Said that I would be hearing from him as soon as they got a hold of the State of FLORIDA and Better Business . Connieparker1950@gmail.com

4. Rose Marie Byrd says:

I just received a call from A James Martin who said I have not completed the last reply
    and I must to pick up my check. I needed to complete package 155US and to call 775-410-5300 and speak to Mandy Cassidy.
    I am sure this is a scam but would like your imput on how to handle this.

5. Karina says:

Someone contacted me to today and told me i won $500,000, and bonus 10,000.00 plus the Mercedes Benz via Instagram this is a scam ?!

6. yes I got call from someone in jamica his name was peter success told I won give all kinds of numbers to write down he even give me phone number to call but for some reason it didn’t go threw and wants me to send four hundred and 99dollars to claim my prize so now I know its scam now that ireaad this that’s scary he left this number 18768540266 I glad read this thank you so much Julie Russell

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Julie, we’re sorry to hear that you were contacted by someone claiming to be from the real PCH. We take the issue of scams very seriously and we strive to educate our consumers on what to watch for and how to protect themselves. We regularly post links to our PCH Fan Page with valuable information for our fans. Here’s one of those links that I encourage you to take a look at: http://bit.ly/PCHConsumerProtection. Since scammers are sneaky and many of them are overseas, it’s not always easy to catch them. We feel that it’s a “team-effort” to try to stop them which is why we ask that you report all scam contacts to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Be careful and stay safe everyone!

7. YVONNE APPEL says:

I received a “Final Notice of Winning” letter. I called the toll free number 1 (844) 776-6338 (1-516-214-8320 was another number on the letter. It stated it was from a draw #4900, held in JUNE 2016. Seems like a scam to me, please advise.

8. Angela Angelone says:

I would like to report a scammer- he tried to ask me personal information, which I did not give, the phone number they called from was 876-803-2700, a Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica number. It was bizarre. He said the payment was on the truck to be delivered today at 4 pm. I did not give him any identifying information, but he knew my address and name. It was quite obviously a scam, but I hope very much that people don’t get suckered.

9. I need help can someone. help me

10. Sandy says:

On August 23, I got a call on my cell phone from a Doug Green with a restricted number that told me I won money and a new car. I needed to call a manager at 876-318-7170 EXT-5 with PKG# 609707US and ask for Betty Morgan to claim my prize. They are holding my prize in Topeka Ks. I did not call them back. Immediately they called me right back on my cell phone, as I lied and said Sir I called that number with my home line and the number was unavailable.
    Doug Green replied “Oh you have a home line?” Yes I replied… We hung up and I have not heard from them since.
    How did they get my cell number with my name and cell are to be unlisted.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Sandy, We’re happy you visited this Blog page which we hope was helpful in helping you identify that you were contacted by a scammer. We’re sorry you received that call. I’m glad they didn’t try to call you back. The phone number’s area code you provided is located in Jamaica. If they were able to reach you back they would have requested that you send money to claim this sweepstakes prize. Thank you for taking the time to educate yourself about scammers by visiting our website. Have a safe day!