5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. And if you ever have any concerns about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please email us at abuse@pch.com, call us at 1-800-392-4190 or comment below!

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

1,270 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Kerri McCretton says:

I just received a call from Jamaica stating they were calling from PCH. Luckily I am not a fool and checked a google search and found this page stating PCH NEVER calls in advance. Thank you for posting this information.

1. John Read says:

Same place just called me on 876 423 3162 from Kingston Jamaica… They want money to ship the car I won..

2. PCH I want to be able to know if I’m a winner

3. Anonymous says:

I just got an email too, saying I won. I knew it was a scam, that’s why I’m looking it up on here, see what I can find out

4. Chere Reddick says:

The scammers got me during the summer around June or July and I was so heartbroken… It had me very upset, as much as I want to win someday from playing, searching and doing whatever it takes to become a winner. They had me fooled and I never thought that I would ever get such a prank like that. They asked me to western union 150 dollars and thats when I realized they got me good. I cried because that’s nothing to play with. Me and my 3 princess will get lucky oneday.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

I can understand how disappointing that was for you and how heartbroken you must have been. However, we’re glad that you knew it was a scam and you didn’t fall victim to it. As a reminder, PCH will never ask for money to claim a prize. If you are contacted by a scammer claiming to be from PCH, please make sure you report it to us via this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

5. Nathan James says:

How do they get our info from PCH? You know if they can get that you are not very secure unless PCH sales our info.

6. Danielle says:

I got an email too:::

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

That was definitely from a scammer and not the real PCH. Please report this scammer to PCH via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Thank you so much for letting us know and for warning your fellow PCH Fans!

7. Codi says:

I received an email from PCH and USFQ, saying I won a email sweepstakes. I wasn’t asked to give any info or money… Scam?

8. Onika Scott says:

Someone friend request me on Facebook saying I was the sweepstakes winner an requested that I go to the nearest Walmart an money gram them 200.00 they gave mean number to call when I get there an no answer thank god I didn’t fall for it folk please be careful

9. Tiffany says:

We got the same call from Jamaica just now. It came through the first two times as a blocked call. He was incredibly polite at first. I thought at first it was one of her doctors. We have a two week old baby and it was discovered she had something going on with her heart when she was four days old. I just had her at the cardiologist yesterday, and when her doctors call from their personal phones on weekends or holidays, the calls come through as blocked numbers. That said, when the call came through the first time, the guy was very polite, sounded like a familiar voice, and asked me how I was doing today and said I sounded tired. I said, “Well I do have a newborn…” After that he explained why he was calling. I handed the phone to my husband for him to deal with it. After he took down the numbers the guy gave him, basically so he could turn the guy in, he hung up and said he’d call right back. When he called back, my husband just told him that it sure sounded like a scam and we weren’t interested. The guy kept up so my husband hung up on him. He called back, this time with the caller id picking it up as a call from Kingston, Jamaica, was upset he had been hung up on, kept up the garbage, and got hung up on again. He called back yet again, and when my husband answered, told my husband, “F*** you, f*** your mom, and f*** your newborn.” He called back three more times after that just to say things like that.
    Great way to start Thanksgiving morning!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

I am so very sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer. They definitely aren’t known for their manners as you unfortunately experienced, however, I am happy that you knew it was a scammer! The real PCH doesn’t notify major winners by phone, standard mail, email, or social media. Please report any info you have about the call to us via this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. CONGRATS on your newborn and I hope you are enjoying every second of it. It goes by quick! :) I sincerely hope that all is well with her heart. We will keep her in our thoughts!