5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. And if you ever have any concerns about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please email us at abuse@pch.com, call us at 1-800-392-4109 or comment below!

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

583 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Sam Bramlett says:

Just received a call to deliver a package. Stated I was not home. He provided 50627B & phone # to call 1878278241 xt #5 Malonie at Public Clearing House

2. Mayra RODRIGUEZ says:

I really never ever won anything in my life,Since I am disable all I do is search and recieve email,but still ain’t win nothing.Is this real? Getting tired.

3. Michele says:

Yep us too, my husband got a call this morning… wanted to know when we would be home to have the TV crew scheduled…. um where is the element of surprise in that?
    I called our local police department and of course got online and yes it is a SCAM! They are just calling around to see who answers and once you do they have you hooked. Please do not fall for it!

4. Amanda says:

Phone number 401-441-5381
    From Providence RI
    Keeps calling my number along with family members claiming to work an be with Pch. However I told them after they asked if I had a visa an said “Pch never calls anyone so who is this calling me long distance” an then they hug up. Something else you should look into

5. Snow Willis says:

Just got a call from 1-876-327-9927. Said his name was Peter Meyers. He said I should call manager James Chin at 1-876-799-5353 with my claim #550-US and there was a certified check they wanted to deliver. Glad I looked here before making that phone call. They said they were coming from Clarksville Arkansas to deliver the check. I am giving you all of this information so that maybe you can find them and prosecute.

6. trell says:

I’ve just got a call from the PCH scammers 1-876-559-8393 stating that i won…3Mil drawing BMW. He ask me to take down his Name & # George kennendy. Ijust stop listening cause he on my time of being wasted. I told him that he need to pray and stop praying on people. It was a scam PCH wouldn’t call anyone. If you try calling number back it restricted.

7. unknown says:

Idk how long I’m gonna keep on search on pch when I got nothing for search

1. Retha bandy says:

Yes I agree..1st its November then December now January

8. Michelle says:

I just Receved A Scam call just like this this this morning the sad part the person brought God Into the conversation with money already beaing Tight and the Holidays 2 weeks a way …. Wow He said his name was James White Phone number 1-876-891-3472 what they are Doing to people Is Hurrable

9. jholmes900 says:

pch keeps sending me emails telling me I still need to enter, even though I have entered over a dozen times. Why? I don’t like the search you use. I use Google. Why do I keep having to search for something when I have nothing to search for? I am sick and tired of getting the emails. It never used to work this way. I even asked to unsubscribe from the emails and it did no good whatsoever.

1. Anonymous says:

jholmes900 — I feel for you. I ordered one magazine when I entered just to (foolishly) better my odds. For some reason they keep selling my name to other magazines. I now have five magazines coming to me!!! I don’t even read them. I just keep dropping them into a pile in my office and wait until it’s big enough to take out to the recycling trash can. It’s ridiculous. I can’t cancel the subscriptions, PCH doesn’t have an account for me having all of these subscriptions and they deny ever having sold my name and address. They said to check with Sweepstakes Clearinghouse. I never even heard of SCH until today. And now I can’t even log onto to the customer service portion of the website. I think there’s something seriously wrong here. Granted, I have not been billed for any of the subscriptions other than the first one, but the bombardment is killing me! Thanks for letting me vent.

10. Pch gives hope but up to if you really want to win but if I don’t I still keep dreaming