5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. And if you ever have any concerns about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please email us at abuse@pch.com, call us at 1-800-392-4190 or comment below!

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

839 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Jason says:

I’ve recieved multiple phone call from a man with a Jamaican accent. Says I won a raffle but to get my check I have to send $80 to a Mr. John Conner so I can get a stamp of some sort. Says the money is comin from Miami. No phone number. Caller ID just says unknown. Seems like they just want my info. Scammers !!!

2. Randy Fadler says:

I too just received a call from someone with a Jamaican accent informing me that the UPS would be delivering my prize of $2.5 million in the next 45 minutes. But in order to claim my prize, I would need to run to Walmart and sign over $399 via a Wire Service to pay for the taxes, which they claimed to be only 1 percent of what was owed because they paid the rest. I asked to speak with a manager and the guy gave me a phone number, which I turned around and did a reverse number lookup and found the number to originate in Kingston, Jamaica. Too bad we can’t put these guys in jail for trying to take money from us like that!

3. I recied a call telling me he was john whiteman and i won the 7000 a week for life

4. SHARLAN KELLY HARRIS says:

I don’t understand why when you enter the PCH sweepstakes you’re BOMBARDED with emails? I have more emails telling me if I don’t spend HOURS PLAYING GAMES I LOSE MY CHANCE AT WINNING! SOME OF US HAVE JOBS AND CANT TAKE THE TIME TO JUST SIT AND PLAY GAMES!

5. Leah says:

I also just received a call from someone claiming to be from PCH. He sounded Jamaican. He said his name was John Winker. He claimed to be the CEO. He also claimed that I had won 2.5 million. It’s really sad the people scam you, and he kept saying not to tell anyone.

1. JDH says:

I too have received several calls from a Jamaican telephne number over the past several week. Today the person actually reached me. He informed me that someone who be at my hose at 5pm with prizes, however, I needed to activate my claim ticket prior to 5pm at a Western Union and pay $199 to receive the “prize”. Really? where do these people come from and how did they get my cell number?

6. Oscar says:

Entered the $7000 a week for Life sweepstakes and have gotten about a dozen emails from PCH stating I have to do something else to be eligible. It’s annoying.

7. Vicki says:

I just got a call from Jamaica telling me to call a Don Freeman at 876-856-2877 extention 19 to “claim” my prize of $950,0000 and a car.

8. Received an email from:
    “michael marcuk”
    Claiming to be representing PCH and notifying me that I had won $1,000,000.
    The email asked me to supply my name, phone number and age. It was very apparent to me that it was a haux, BUT… About 2 minutes later I received a REAL email from PCH and it kind of freaked me out