5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,369 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. How can I do that PCH to win some money I need money because I gave me a brand new car a new house whatever would like to hear all of it

2. Patrick Elliott says:

I Just got caught in a PCH Scam Had me send $70.00 cash and is now saying he needs a $2455.00 to get the car. He using the Name Michael and the phone #1-601-962-1304 & the address 97 Brandford Ct.06112

3. Breanna says:

I recieved an email claiming to be todd sloan and states I won email prize for 850,000 how do I confirm this?

4. Veronica R.Santaella says:

Veronica Santaella
    My mom was contacted today 10/22/16 stayed on the phone for 1hr and 50 minutes was given a conformation number. I didn’t mind that but when he started talking about my GOD I decided to google him it was a scam he said he would call back Nov 15th to set up a payment plan…these people have no shame! LoL the jokes on him. Thanks for the infor PCH.

5. joseph hawkins says:

Got a call from John Curby today, says I am the winner of 2nd prize, 4.8mil. Asked for no personal info, but gave me a number to call back. Also have his badge number and a confirmation number for the prize.

6. Kim Cusack says:

I just got a call that wasted 40 minutes of my life. I was asked to write down all this info, he asked for info but I only gave him stuff that was readily available online (bank address, name) His name was Michael Bell (1-876-458-6234). Said my cell number was randomly selected to win 250k. My cell number is actually a CT number but I now live in NC. That was not a problem for they had delivery units all over and one can drive to me from raleigh NC. He started changing the story, first I was going to meet this delivery team at my bank, then I needed to go to Western union. He kept pressuring me that if I don’t leave right now I will lose the winnings and they will move on to the next winner. I asked him what I exactly had to do and I had to go to a western union to pick up my claim ticket, then the delivery driver will meet me at my bank. I asked what I had to do at the WU, and there it was….I had to pay $255 dollars to get my ticket. I said there it is! If u were really PCH I could leave when I want to and I wouldn’t have to pay anything up front…he then said “F**K u! U r a piece of S**t! Nice!! LOL, the voice was an odd sounding voice that now I know was prolly a computer generated voice. He woke me up so my brain wasn’t fully on yet. Lol. Glad I don’t get all excited…nice to dream though…

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Kim, it’s important for everyone to know that you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize you may have won. Also, PCH will never contact winners via phone, Facebook requests, or private messages. The best thing about PCH is that it’s free to enter and free to win! Check out this blog to find out how to prevent scammers from contacting you: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please report any and all scams to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe and don’t lose faith!

7. Carl says:

Katy, Texas resident received call 10/20/16. “…won $2.5M + 2015 Class C Benz” & they requested I write down package number & secret # …etc. Caller gave me public vs private options for the award, & I chose public, all the time waiting for request of personal info. Caller said he would get some documents together and call me back. Missed the return call, and then did research to find this page. If they call again I may answer just to toy with them. Gota say the fantasy was fun for a little while, so thx PCH and scum bag.
    PS Both are welcome at my door, note sign near front door says we don’t call 911… Weapon selection to be based upon # of scum attending, please call first. Everyone be safe out there and watch for scams & motorcycles, please. THX

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Carl, I am really happy that you knew that it was not the real PCH who contacted you! We never notify major winners over the phone or through standard mail, email or Facebook. We would really appreciate if you would send us the details of this scam call you received. PCH does not send private Facebook messages to our fans so please complete a Scam Incident Report. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. There are a lot of scammers out there who use the good name and reputation of PCH, as well as the names of those of us on the Prize Patrol. Please be careful everyone!!

8. My father was contacted by a guy named David Gold and said that he won 2.5 million dollars the phone number he called from a phone number from Jamaica and it was a scam cuz they wanted him to go to Walmart and send a green dot money pack for $299 dollars

9. Ann says:

Received call from 213 600-2794 I had won 2.5 Million from Publisher Clearing House. Scam wanted info to report to IRS to assist and taxes owed for prize. Name provided by caller was Peter White. After checking on process of PCH Winners, Fraud.

10. Jonathan West says:

My mom got a call this morning. The guys said she won 500,000 and that wanted to know if she lived alone, if she had a bank or savings account, if she had state id, and then said they needed the information to know what tax bracket she falls into before they deliver the check and had to give the lawyer the information before the check is cut. They told her that they would be contacting her again soon and to stay by the phone. I plan to stay by the door with my 45 loaded and pointed.