5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,454 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Miketta Hines says:

Hi, my name is Miketta and someone just called me saying they were from Publish Clearing House. They said I won 995,000, but wanted me to pay 355.00 for them to deliver the money from Charlotte North Carolina. They stated that I had to do it today or tomorrow before they came at 10:30 am. He used James Myers law firm in Charlotte North Carolina. I called and spoke with a lawyer there and he assured me that they had nothing to do with Publish Clearing House. My family and I are going through a rough time with me needing surgery and other financial issues. I am appalled that these people go out of their way to rob innocent people. The number the scammers used was 876-504-5350 and their so called lawyer number is 876-788-9586. They also stated that the mony should be money gram to Peggy Beasly in Willmeting NC.

2. Elaine says:

I received a call last week telling me that I won 1.2 million plus a Mercedes, they just wanted me to send money, I didn’t ask how much, just told them that I knew it was a scam as if it was genuine no money would be asked for, told him I had spoken to the rcmp about this, so he says, oh well we will keep your prize for a few more months. WTH what part of get lost your outed don’t you understand.

3. John Wroten says:

I would like someone from PCH too contact me as soon as possible about winning a car from PCH. The number the man called from is 561-766-6678 and he gave me a contact number of 516-242-7107 to verify that this is actually PCH.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello John, We are really sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer who was only pretending to be with PCH. Unfortunately, scammers will use the good name and reputation of PCH in an attempt to deceive people. We take the illegal use of our name and the issue of scams very seriously, which is why we regularly educate our fans on how to protect themselves. If you are ever contacted by someone who is posing as the real PCH, please report them to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. It’s important to remember that the real PCH will never contact major winners via phone, standard mail, email, or Social media. We also never ask for money to claim a prize. Check out these Safety Tips for some more great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips.

4. Joyce Van Dyke says:

Do other people have this problem.? I think it’s a scam to get money from people who have ordered items from PCH.

Publisher clearing house sends my husband merchandise he did not order. He has ordered many items from them before, but no longer. We have sent them back in the mail but why should we pay postage for something that we do not want? Have others had the same problem? Today we received a ‘T’ shirt, yesterday two ‘paw print mats’ We did not order these (The bill said $45,) We are writing on the bill that we do not intend to pay for them and to stop sending us unrequested merchandise. How do we stop this?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Joyce. Thank you for contacting PCH. In order for us to assist you with your question we will need a bit more information. We kindly ask that you contact us by phone at your convenience. Our customer service representatives may be reached at 1-800-566-4724 between 8:30 am to 8:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday. We look forward to hearing from you.

5. Dianne says:

My aunt just died and when listening to her phone messages she got one saying she won 5 million and a new Mercedes and to call them back…..the man had an accent. I knew it was a hoax. Today she got a letter saying she won a million. It had a PCH logo on it. It congratulated her and told her to call David James and give him a bank account number to deposit the check. It is such a shame they prey on the elderly like this. I would be glad to send along a copy of the letter if it would help to catch these people.

6. Cindy Paxson says:

Here in Pennsylvani, trying to convince my dad that he did not really win PCH and powerball and a new Mercedes. He was told to wire 205$ western Union. He is upset with me because he thinks he is missing the opportunity of a lifetime.😩

1. Christopher Montley says:

He’s not missing anything. Today, I too was told I won money and a Mercedes.i was told to wire send $185 It got really fishy. The trick is to see if you can make them get pushy when you doubt them. If the situation were as they claim, there would be no motivation for them to be pushy. They did. Then the story was changing. That was when I decided it was fake for sure and then found this site to verify. Thanks for the info!

7. Lesley Rust says:

My thoughts and prayers for you and yours Kristi in your loss, and thank you for sharing a similar scam reported to our own local authorities as you mourn. Your courage and caring helps and inspires us all….

8. Kristi Butts says:

I can’t believe this. First of all today is the anniversary that my son was killed 13 yrs ago. I’ve been praying so hard before today that I would be able to celebrate Justin’s memories. I started out good this morning but then I got a call from a thick accent man named Mr. Cooper and Alex trying to convince me to go to WalMart and get a $2,500 moneygram. I hung up on them 3 times and then it hit me. All my tears and hurt came pouring out. I was crying and I told them if they have any humanity decency in them they will not try to get me to WalMart or call me back. If I really won then I will accept the prize. After I hung up on them the 3rd time they called back again and they mentioned WalMart again and I told them you better not call me again. I hope that you’re happy with yourself for making me cry. I hung up and they did not call back. The phone# 876-806-2322 and 888-221-1161. Please be aware. While I was on the phone with them googled PCH scams and I read it to them. They have no sympathy in them and I wish they could be arrested for what they are doing. Don’t fall for it if you get a call. You DO NOT have to PAY ANYTHING if you won a prize. I’m going in prayer to Lord to recompose myself and enjoy today by rejoycing my son’s memories!