5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,119 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Amber says:

I received an email saying I won. And it asked for my address my number my age the country I live in and my ocupation. It also have me a PCH ID Number saying to send this to send back. Is this a scam?

2. Joyce Tallmadge says:

Received a phone call today saying I won $2.5 million and a Mercedes. I’m glad I came to your page to check to see if it was possible or a scam. They told me I would have to go to Western Union and pay $299.54 and bring the receipt to the bank and they would meet me there. They wanted to meet me at my house and I suggested the bank. It would be a wonderful thing to be a winner, but I’m glad I’m not going to be out $300.00. He sounded really legit. I was suppose to have the Western Union office make out the paperwork to Raul (Raoul) Marks, Brooklyn, NY 11236. I’m going to your link to fill out the forms. My call came from a Bobby Smith (LOL) 876-353-2336. I asked if I could call a number for confirmation and was told to call 876 462 5571.

3. Cheryl Draney says:

I just a phone call telling me I had won 8.5 million dollars. When I told him I knew this was a scam he said something vile and I hung up. I tried calling the number right back but I got a recording that it was a number not in service.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Cheryl, we are so glad you knew it was not the real PCH. With our sweepstakes, you never have to pay to claim a prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Social Media. You can report these scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Feel free to check out our Fraud Prevention page for tips to recognize these scammers by clicking here: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe everyone!

4. Barbara says:

Hi,
    My husband received a letter in the mail today claiming to be a second place winner in your contest. It claimed we won $550,000 and there was a check included for $7, 897 and on the check the address was from Albany Industries, Inc. which is a furniture company when I looked it up. It’s a scam, right?

1. Tanesha Dodson says:

My mom got the same letter saying the same exact thing…. it has to be a scam…. there can’t be two 2nd place winners and the check was for the same amounted

5. Jeff Furst says:

I am getting a lot of emails that appear to be from pch.com, and they are basically telling me that filling out the sweepstakes form is only part of the process – that I also need to fill out some kind of an acceptance form, or need some kind of confirmation number in order to claim a prize if I am chosen. Does PCH send out any emails like that?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Jeff! In order to assist you further, please contact our Technical Support Team so that they can get some more information from you about the emails you are receiving. There is no shortage of scammers posing as PCH and we want all of our fans to be safe. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you are concerned about something you’ve received claiming to be from PCH. Also, as a reminder, the real PCH does not notify winners in advance nor do we ever ask for money to claim a prize. Here’s how you can reach us: http://bit.ly/ContactPCH.

6. Wanda says: