5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. And if you ever have any concerns about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please email us at abuse@pch.com, call us at 1-800-392-4190 or comment below!

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

1,872 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Han Nguyen says:

hi i’m HAN and i have been scam 2 time first one i did send to them $250 dollas and 3 day after that i was send $499 and than i knen i have been scam from pch sometime i thibk pch and sweepstakes are rip off that all my people said pch and sweepstakes no’t real but i saw on TV in San Jose pch it on TV that give me a change to win this time

2. Pam Carr says:

Received this today from “Lindsay Codling” lcodling@psav.com.

Ref#: 127.219.2241
    Batch#: PCH.013.655.112
    PCH Sweepstakes Promo Notification May 24th Draw Finalist.

You have been selected as one of our finalist winner on this day Dated 24/05/2016.

To claim contact our agent on address ( draw.pch@outlook.com )

Congratulation!!
    {Publishers Clearing House}

I’m assuming a scam, but small prize notification can be sent via email, so just double checking!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We’re sorry Pam, you’ve definitely been contacted by a scammer. Our Fraud Prevention Blog provides some helpful information on how to identify scam contacts. Check it out by clicking here: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. You may report this scam to us by clicking here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Be safe!

3. I received a 5,000,000 dollar check in the mail 2 years ago saying I won from PCH. I never entered before this so I called my bank and the BBB and they told me it was a scam. Did I throw $5 million dollars away?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Laura, unfortunately there are scammers out there who try to use our name to scam people. This is why we try so hard to educate our customers on how we award our winners. With our sweepstakes, you never have to pay to claim a prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Facebook. You can report these scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Feel free to check out our blog for tips to recognize these scams by clicking here: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe everyone!

4. Gertrude Holleman says:

Why, if PCH gives away so much money, Doesn’t anyone know anyone who has won it. I would like to have proof that you really do give money away. I do not know one person who ever won anything at PCH. That gives me reason to believe that is isn’t true.

5. Tracy Himes says:

I have been trying to since my late teens, early 20’s. I believe that it’s been a waste of time and energy. I am disappointed in it. There are many in similar situations like mine and I have not ever heard of any real person winning.

6. Becke Rusie says:

I get scared all the time at the last time this can mean this is a pretty foul words and unfortunately I said it back to him being an old bartender don’t bother me a bit but it is kind of tiresome when they do that to you and I am tired of it and I don’t appreciate it and one guy said to me if you want to know who scam and you email me her up and he was one that’s on my Facebook all the time and when I did the first thing you said to me or tell me all about yourself and I went home give me a break so you know I know it’s it’s kind of depressing but I can usually tell when they start asking for money that that’s who they are so God bless you guys and thanks for taking care of us and you have a good weekend