5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,312 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Adria Freeborn says:

Did anyone get a call that said they needed to register the check before it was brought to you??

2. Mike Phillips says:

I really think PCH Is a scam. I know no one ever got paid and it is always showing the same people in the same area. I was told by PCH in a letter I won and be home on a certain date. I called my work and they were not happy but I took the day off. as you know no one from PCH ever came to y door and I lost that job I had due to the day I took off. PCH is a scam

3. Tina says:

Received 3 friend request with pics of 3 different PCH employees. Didn’t accept. So I’m waiting on this win. Guess they don’t want to take this 5 hour dr.

4. Nevin Nofire says:

Just show me that this is real 😁

5. umaru kamara says:

I ask pch officials to please claim and secure my entries to win $7,000.00 a week for life, plus $1,000,000.00 for loyalty reward plus brand new car Lincoln MKZ on october 21/16 from pch gwy no.6900! I’m requested to please transfer with my all winner opportunity including or excluding any offers from pch officials. For the tourmamt game year 2016 we are thanks your pch officials.

6. Carolyn Phillips says:

I received two phone calls today that said I had won. The calls were from Jamaica so I knew they were fraud. .The numbers were 876-566-6078 and 876-464-5944

1. steve cross says:

just got a call saying I won 900,000. I was very sarcastic with the guy and he finally hung up on my. The phone number was 876-506-1655 and it was from jamaica. I could hear a baby crying in the back ground. Was pretty sure it was a scam in the first 2 seconds when he couldn’t speak clear English. Was smart enough to not give any information. Beware!

2. Kathy davis says:

Told me to send 200.00 fed x I’ll get the check

3. derek dubois says:

Just got a call from Jamaica as well…. 876-319-3850 wanted me to go to western union to purchase my entry form… LOL

7. Denise W says:

Ken, I am certainly willing to join the lawsuit with you. this is a shame that we are being treated like this. I received the same message that I won as well. Next day they emailed me that it was an error. How could this have happened to so many people? This is what I would like to know.

1. I got a message saying I won then one saying I didn’t too, now I am getting a message saying I qualify fo a upgrade, but the strange thing is when I try to see what it is, by clicking on that message it shows me it in a notification with a snooze thing at the bottom. Has any one else said this happened to them? I do not think it is fair to keep being told like I am going to get something but it turns into a nowhere thing. I need explaining as to who or why this is happening.

2. Kathy davis says:

Get them all the time don’t know even if games are based on P.c. h