5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!

4_5_Spot A Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House is the REAL deal― a legitimate sweepstakes company that has awarded more than $225 Million in Cash and Prizes so far! Unfortunately, sometimes criminals try to cash in on our good name and trick unsuspecting people like you with Publishers Clearing House Scams. While they may be convincing, here are 5 foolproof ways to know for sure if an offer is from the REAL PCH — or if it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam.

1. If you’re required to wire or pay any amount of money in order to claim a prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. PCH sweepstakes are ALWAYS FREE to enter, and there is never any fee associated with winning.

2. If you’re asked to load up a Green Dot MoneyPak  or other money transfer card, in exchange for claiming your prize, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Again, PCH will NEVER ask you to pay a cent to collect a prize.

3. If someone tries to contact you in advance regarding a prize delivery, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam! After all, that would ruin the surprise! For decades, our Prize Patrol has captured the elated reactions of surprised winners and used them in our nationally-televised commercials. You’ll know you’re a big PCH winner if you see the Prize Patrol at your front door holding a “Big Check” with your name on it!

4. If someone calls you on the telephone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and says you have won, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Do NOT give them any personal information!  As stated above, the Prize Patrol awards all our Big Prizes in person and would never call you to update any personal information in our files.

5. If someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House tries to send you a friend request on Facebook, it’s a Publishers Clearing House Scam. Even if they are using the name and photo of a prominent PCH employee  ―do NOT believe them. Our PCH employees and official PCH Prize Patrol Fan pages will never private message you on Facebook.

So fans, keep these 5 tips in mind, and you’ll be protected against Publishers Clearing House Scams. If you have more questions about whether something is legitimate or a scam, please visit our FAQ page. And if you’ve been contacted by a scammer, please fill out a Scam Incident Report.

And remember, you can’t WIN if you’re not IN! So, keep entering the PCH Sweepstakes daily.

All the best!

elaina

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

P.S. If you found this post helpful, why not SHARE it with a friend?

2,016 thoughts on “5 Ways To Know If It’s A Publishers Clearing House Scam!”

1. Randy says:

Just got a call today from a “Private” number. I won 4 million and a Mercedes car. I just had to pay 1% of the 9% taxes that needed to be paid on a Walmart card. I needed to go down to the Walmart to get $450.00 cash card to send them before the prize patrol would stop by. But they were 5 minutes away! he wanted me to write down the Prize number 352490us, a phone number and his name David Moore. he provide the number 1(876)532-0262.

I sure hope people don’t fall for this scam! Funny they can’t even get the math right.

2. debra says:

halade@outlook.in

7:28 AM (17 minutes ago)

to kir, kir

ATTN,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the pch company is given you a pay-check provide your Name.:Address

Director Of Information
    Mrs. Tina CRIS

Just received this above email. This is spam right?

3. Mary Freeman says:

I Also received a call on 6/30/16 on my Cell phone stating i had won prize and they kept asking information on my money cards. finally I told them I had to go and call me back at 4PM. Guess what? they called at 4PM. i did not answer knowing that this was a scam. The Number showed as Unknown and earlier they stated calling from Jamaica, New York. They called again this morning. did not answer. I have no Telephone number to report..

4. john martin says:

thank you and so all the things I been getting from from PCH is not true that was on the boxes I got when they shipped with Items telling me I was the one who has the winning numbers ?? and can you please tell me when would they come to the house and let us know we, or when do they say on the computer won ?? thank you and God Bless, john Martin as its 7;17 pm on june 30ths thank you john Martin

5. Petagaye Harper says:

Haha just received a call awhile ago saying i won 5.5mil and 2016 vehicle. So i ask then my information they have on file because according to them it’s being ship from Austin to my address. I asked once again whats the information you have on file they said the shipping department has my information they don’t. So i ask how they gonna know where to ship it cause i could have moved. I ask tell me the information you have on file other than my name and suddently all I heard was dail tone. Me being me decided to call back the number for the fun of it several call back and still no response. What was interesting i first got the call they say im on the radio but the background sounded nothing like a radio station told me to call a number which was the same number that call and the same guy that i spoke to i guess he thought i wouldn’t recognize the voice. I could hear a second male in the background before he hung up. Don’t they know not to play with people. 5 mil would do me so well right now thought with all my debts, school, and living in my mom house with my husband and barely no space for us.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Petagaye, sadly that sounds like a scam. You will never be notified like that should you win a prize from PCH. Report the scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH, then visit this link to help protect yourself: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Also, check out this link for information on how PCH notifies their winners: http://bit.ly/How-are-PCH-winners-notified. Keep informed and stay safe PCH Fan’s!

6. Allie says:

I got a call from a guy saying he’s from pch, of course a Jamaica number. I seen the number on my caller ID. I told him I was on a bus on my way to work and that I couldn’t talk. He asked when he can call back. I told him tomorrow and I’ll be prepared for him. Going to tell him to deliver the check and car to my local Police Department. I know how Publishers Clearing house works, no email or phone calls, they comes straight to your door.