Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!

Watch the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs at Publishers Clearing House. She tells you blog readers all about how Publishers Clearing House is fighting back against PCH scams!

Remember blog readers: As Margaret says, the winning is always free at PCH, and you’re NEVER required to pay a fee to claim a prize award. Don’t be fooled by those terrible PCH scams!

Let us know if you have any questions about PCH scams or about what you can do to stay safe! We’ll be happy to help!

45 thoughts on “Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!”

1. Anita Babcock says:

I had a call from someone claiming to be with you today. He said his name was Michael Williamson and his phone number is 845-266-6281. He told me I won 1 million dollars and a mercedes benz car. I needed to take $255.55 cash to western union or the post office and send it to (IRS Agent) Sandra Guinn at 812 Echart Ave. Auburn, IN 46706. Then When I did that and had a claim # reciept IN MY HANDS along with my drivers licence info ( to prove my identity) somone would come to my house to pick up the claim reciept and award my prize. I went to the police dept. and they said it was a scam not to get involved with it but give my info to the IN state attorney generals office. I called the phone number to talk to the person that called me and he did in fact answer, it was the same person. I told him I was told this was a scam. He told me this is all voluntary for me to do the things he asked and that if I wanted to win anything it was up to me.
    He had my name, and address and phone number since he called me. I hope you can get the person at this phone number and call him on the carpet for running a scam.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Anita!

That was a scammer impersonating a PCH employee! PCH will never call your phone. Do not give scammers any of your personal information! Also, you mentioned the caller asking for money, we will never ask you to pay to claim a PCH prize. Please report this scammer to abuse@pch.com and check out these helpful tips: http://bit.ly/_FraudProtection_ We are very sorry that you are experiencing this but we thank you for informing us of the issue!

2. Robert says:

707-260-3958 is also asking for an address and one percent fee in North Carolina.
    Please stop the scams. It does nothing but deter people from the real PCH.

3. brice says:

I’ve seen Margaret I thought you worked at sooner legend

4. RINA says:

HI MARGARET,
    THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

5. nick says:

I HAVE BEEN WITH PCH OVER 30 YEARS,I AM 86 YRS OLD AND HAVE BONE CANCER, CLOT IN LEFT LEG, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, CAN’T WALK MUCH DUE TO INJURY IN KOREAN WAR , JUST LOST MY DAUGHTER TO CANCER, MARRIED 60 YEARS, MEDICAL BILLS ARE TAKING IT ALL, NO DISABILITY INS, ONLY SMALL RETIRE CHECK AND SS. I NEED $ 60,000 TO HELP MY FAMILY BEFORE I DIE WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO WIN SOME OF THE MONEY THEY GIVE AWAY ??? I DON’T WANT ANY OF IT FOR MYSELF, I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE THEM IN DEBT. .

6. Jennifer says:

This number called me this morning 876-817-2384 the gentleman said he was with the prize delivery and wanted my address I responded with, “why would I give a perfect stranger my address?” He hung up on me. I called the number back he answered, “Publishers Clearing House” I stated that I had just received a call from the number. He then asked if I remember entering to win. I told him I don’t recall entering. He told me someone must have entered for me and asked for my address again. I told him if I had indeed won they would have my address and to come knock on my door. He hung up again.

7. Antoinette says:

i just called back a number cause i had missed the call. So when i get on the guy named bob walters (which this name already sounds made up ) But he told me that I won3.5 million dollars. and asked me if i was excited i said i’ll be excited when i see it . so then he asked me if i was alone and told me that no one should be listening to this conversation and asked me if anyone was able to pick up the phone. That right there sent off even more warning signs to me. So I told him yeah i was alone he then proceeds to tell me that i have to pay 1 percent of the money for a one time tax deduction totaling to 15,000 .So I told him that I don’t understand why i should have to pay to claim my winnings and why wouldn’t they just automatically take the taxes out anyway. He said cause its a certified check and that if I don’t pay the one time tax fee I won’t be able to claim the money and it will automatically be donated to a charity of my choice. and then when i said that i was going to research the company he said why do you need to research the company and put people in your business cause your gonna ask someone about it and no one needs to be in your business i said I’m not paying you or giving you any information until i do my research . so with that being said thank god i found this website