Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!

Watch the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs at Publishers Clearing House. She tells you blog readers all about how Publishers Clearing House is fighting back against PCH scams!

Remember blog readers: As Margaret says, the winning is always free at PCH, and you’re NEVER required to pay a fee to claim a prize award. Don’t be fooled by those terrible PCH scams!

Let us know if you have any questions about PCH scams or about what you can do to stay safe! We’ll be happy to help!

55 thoughts on “Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!”

1. Irma Serrano says:

Irma Serrano,of Santa Ana California says: I have received several letters asked to send $20 and that I have won $3 million even $8 million and have received phone calls…Also,how do they get my info.?

2. Gary says:

Got a call from +1 (876) 781-9710
    Mandeville, Middlesex County, Jamaica.

Man said was deliver driver for PCH. And i had won a car.

Gave me the number. 876-817-2384. Said to ask for Mr Malone at extention 5. I checked fhe nimber is was from Jamaica also.

I did not call that number. The. Fisrt number called me 3 more time. I did not answer the first 2. The 3 rd call i did answer saying i was police department internet scam unit man said what did you say. I repeated what i said. He hung up. No more calls. Yes i an retired law enfoecemnt.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Gary, we’re sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Facebook. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe and informed PCH Fan’s!

3. Frank says:

Got a call today from 876-585-3310…a guy with a severe redneck/drawling accent said to call 876-817-2384 x5 and ask for his manager, John Malone, to give details for them to deliver today the $1 million dollars and car I had won from PUBLISHERS’ Clearinghouse. All the voices at that number were the same guy and, as if that weren’t a big enough red flag, he wanted me to go to Western Union and send $1000 to get the IRS paperwork before they delivered the prize. When I said I wasn’t sending money anywhere without some verification, he hung up.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Frank, I’m sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, mail, or on Facebook. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe and aware PCH Fan’s!

1. How does PCH contact winners? And do OS (overseas) people win? A person contacted me on Facebook saying he saw my name on a winners list and decided to ask me if I got my winnings. I had never heard of PCH before

4. kayla says:

I got scammed for my drivers license n my personal detail over face book it was Facebook name is Robin Edward joseph hit him up n said it was a scam n then he blocked me grrr