Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!

Watch the video below from Margaret C., Director of Consumer Affairs at Publishers Clearing House. She tells you blog readers all about how Publishers Clearing House is fighting back against PCH scams!

Remember blog readers: As Margaret says, the winning is always free at PCH, and you’re NEVER required to pay a fee to claim a prize award. Don’t be fooled by those terrible PCH scams!

Let us know if you have any questions about PCH scams or about what you can do to stay safe! We’ll be happy to help!

67 thoughts on “Meet Margaret: She Helps PCH Fight Against PCH Scams!”

1. Ken O"Sullivan says:

Hi your agent Dave Sayer looks very much like Robin Edward Joseph

2. Kim bowman says:

I was contacted on my cell saying I won 2.5mil and a Mercedes but the guy wanted me to to the bank and western union to get a 250 money order

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hey Kim! We’re sorry to hear that you were contacted by someone claiming to be from the real PCH. We take the issue of scams very seriously and we strive to educate our consumers on what to watch for and how to protect themselves. We regularly post links to our PCH Fan Page with valuable information for our fans. Here’s one of those links that I encourage you to take a look at: http://bit.ly/PCHConsumerProtection. Since scammers are sneaky and many of them are overseas, it’s not always easy to catch them. We feel that it’s a “team-effort” to try to stop them which is why we ask that you report all scam contacts to us here: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Be careful and stay safe everyone!!

1. Mary says:

I just received the same call on my cell phone! 2.5 million and a mercedes. I hung up on the guy! Very convincing though! I just had a weird vibe about the whole thing. Plus I remembered that PCH just shows up and does not contact you by phone or any other way. My number is on a no call list! I am not sure how they got my number.

2. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Mary, you’re absolutely right, PCH does not contact winners via phone and you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize. Please report this scam to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH, and be sure to check out our Fraud Protection site for tips to stay safe: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe and have a great day!

3. Angel Hunt says:

I got an email from draw.pch@outlook.com with Mr. Mark Peterson saying I won and would receive it within a week. It looks like it’s really from PCH as it has the emblem and everything. Is it real?

1. Michele Archer says:

I just got the same email from Mark Peterson did you find out anything? Thanks

4. rhonda says:

I received a phonecall on my cell today from Peter Oakland, stating he was from PCH. I immediately hung up – no caller ID. just and fyi!!!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Rhonda, PCH will not contact you by phone to tell you that you have won. Please send any information you still have about the scammers by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe everyone!

5. I have got a letter saying I’m a winner

6. Kamni Raju-Russell says:

I got contacted today in New Zealand that I have won but when I asked for verification, Robin Edward Joseph did not reply. I got contacted again by another person who claims to have won and when I asked her what verification she got, she said it was a video. I asked her if she can share that with me and she just evaded my request.

1. raineseer says:

I have been contacted by the same guy and I live in Auckland New Zealand

7. Irma Serrano says:

Irma Serrano,of Santa Ana California says: I have received several letters asked to send $20 and that I have won $3 million even $8 million and have received phone calls…Also,how do they get my info.?

8. Gary says:

Got a call from +1 (876) 781-9710
    Mandeville, Middlesex County, Jamaica.

Man said was deliver driver for PCH. And i had won a car.

Gave me the number. 876-817-2384. Said to ask for Mr Malone at extention 5. I checked fhe nimber is was from Jamaica also.

I did not call that number. The. Fisrt number called me 3 more time. I did not answer the first 2. The 3 rd call i did answer saying i was police department internet scam unit man said what did you say. I repeated what i said. He hung up. No more calls. Yes i an retired law enfoecemnt.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Gary, we’re sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Facebook. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe and informed PCH Fan’s!

9. Frank says:

Got a call today from 876-585-3310…a guy with a severe redneck/drawling accent said to call 876-817-2384 x5 and ask for his manager, John Malone, to give details for them to deliver today the $1 million dollars and car I had won from PUBLISHERS’ Clearinghouse. All the voices at that number were the same guy and, as if that weren’t a big enough red flag, he wanted me to go to Western Union and send $1000 to get the IRS paperwork before they delivered the prize. When I said I wasn’t sending money anywhere without some verification, he hung up.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Frank, I’m sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, mail, or on Facebook. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe and aware PCH Fan’s!

1. How does PCH contact winners? And do OS (overseas) people win? A person contacted me on Facebook saying he saw my name on a winners list and decided to ask me if I got my winnings. I had never heard of PCH before

10. kayla says:

I got scammed for my drivers license n my personal detail over face book it was Facebook name is Robin Edward joseph hit him up n said it was a scam n then he blocked me grrr