“Winning” Tips from a Real Winner

Natalie Bostelman

Hello everyone! It’s Natalie Bostelman, your friendly, neighborhood Goodwill Ambassador checking in! We’re getting close to the next big PCH prize event. I am sure everyone is gearing up for the end of August.

A few days ago, I reflected upon my own win in August of 2008. What was on my side to get the Prize Patrol to knock on my door and make me a real winner? What “winning” tips could I share with you? With a bit of thought, I figured out that it was the two “P”s. Granted, Publishers Clearing House winners are always chosen at random, but I cannot help but believe that the two “P”s put me on a path to winning. So…what are the two “P”s?

BE PERSISTENT

I first started entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes upon entering college. I entered fairly consistently for the first few months. However, due to my heavy course load, working part time and writing for my University’s Student Newspaper, entering took a back seat.  I was entering very sporadically.

Almost 10 years later, I noticed that PCH had gone online. I started making entering at pch.com a habit as soon as I logged in to my computer. Yes, I was definitely entering more. And then one day before I knew it, I became a real winner!

So PCH fans: be persistent! Enter to win the PCH Sweepstakes every single day. And don’t just enter at pch.com. You can enter at PCHSearch and PCHLotto, too! You know what they say: you have to be in it to win it!

BE POSITIVE

I can’t tell you how many times I hear these statements over and over.

“I’ll never win.”
“No one ever wins.”
“Only old people win.”
“This is stressful!”
“Why bother?”
“It’s all set up ahead of time. They pick who they want to win.”

Negative, negative, negative! I am a pretty optimistic person. When I started entering more frequently, I did it with more of a positive spin. During my breaks at work, I would think of how a large windfall would help me. I’d think small. “I’ll only have to work one job!” I’d think medium. “I’ll wipe away our debt!” I’d think large. “We’ll build our dream home!” I’d think practical. “I’ll be able to donate to charities.” I’d think fun. “I’ll buy a backwards-compatible Playstation3!” (OK, that’s practical AND fun! Hehe!)

Having a little plan in the back of my head kept me going, even during the rough days at work. It was a nice little escape.

Whatever you do, make sure to stay positive and HAVE FUN. I cannot stress this enough! Talk with other fans on our Fan Page and follow clues from the road on Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer and Todd Sloane’s Fan Pages. And of course, don’t forget to friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.

There’s ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT to enter for the August 31st prize event which means your 2 P’s are more important than ever! Remember my “winning” tips everyone: BE PERSISTENT AND STAY POSITIVE!

GOOD LUCK!

Natalie Bostelman
2008 SuperPrize Winner
PCH Goodwill Ambassador

P.S. The PCHGames Treasure Hunt Practice Rounds are on! Head over now to get in on the fun before the big tournament on Wednesday!