PCH Facebook Scammers Target Publishers Clearing House Employees

Beware of PCH Facebook scammers pretending to be real Publishers Clearing House employees!

Andy Goldberg
Deborah Holland
John Princiotta
Todd Sloane
Craig Anderson
Rick Busch
Bill Low
Anita Goldstein
Kevin Prinz
Wendy Smith
Susan Manning
Keith Bergendorff

Do these names sound familiar to you? They just might, because they’re all part of the Leadership Team here at Publishers Clearing House. Maybe you’ve seen their photos on our site  or read about them in the PCH blog. They’re always hard at work to ensure you have the best possible experience at PCH!

But, one thing they never do is send out friend requests to our fans on Facebook. So if you do receive a friend request, chat request or private message from someone claiming to be Andy Goldberg, Deborah Holland, Josh Glantz, (or anyone else from PCH, for that matter) ― they are NOT who they claim to be! They are PCH scammers on Facebook!

Unfortunately, some criminals are creating fake profiles of prominent figures within our company and reaching out to good, unsuspecting people with the intent to scam them. It’s important for you to be able to tell the difference between the real PCH on Facebook and imposters.

So here’s the first thing you should know:
What are Publishers Clearing House’s official Fan Pages on Facebook that our fans can connect with and enjoy?

Here’s a complete list:
Publishers Clearing House
PCHSearchAndWin
PCHgames
PCHlotto
PCHtips
Candystand.com
PCH Prize Patrol
Rest assured, you can safely follow Publishers Clearing House on all these pages! But remember: no one affiliated with our official PCH Fan Pages will ever send you a friend request or private message.  If you look closely at our legitimate pages, you will notice that they are Fan Pages for businesses and public figures. It’s impossible to send friend requests from this type of page.

If you DO receive a request from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House, either an employee or from the Prize Patrol, you can be certain that it’s a fraudster who is trying to scam you or wrongfully obtain your personal information.

So what do you do if it happens to you?

Do not – I repeat DO NOT – add this person as a friend. Click “Not Now” on the request. Facebook will then ask you if you know this person outside of Facebook. Click “No” and the person will be blocked and unable to send you any additional friend requests.

If you have already accepted a friend request from a PCH Scammer, please cut and paste their information in the browser and send it to the administrator of one of our legitimate pages so we can report them to Facebook as well. After you’ve done that, block them right away.

We want to put a stop to PCH scammers fraudulently using our good name and the names of our real PCH employees on Facebook. Please remember that no one from Publishers Clearing House will ever send you a friend request. More importantly, the real PCH will never ask you to pay a cent to claim a prize!

I hope that the information above will help you be able to tell the difference between the real PCH on Facebook and pages created by PCH Facebook scammers. As always, let us know if you have any questions!

Stay safe fans!

Elaina R.
PCH Online Creative

62 thoughts on “PCH Facebook Scammers Target Publishers Clearing House Employees”

1. Dana Jones says:

Wow, so Glad I Didn’t fall for the instagram imposters, and I just received a
    Friend request from pch, I talked to the imposters and informed them, that I would pray for their country, I also let, them know, that they may think that they are getting away with scamming innocent people, but truth be told, God is watching them.

2. Nicholas Gilchrist says:

I got contacted by andy goldberg and instantly was told i won 10000dollars and that i had to pay to get my prize shipped to me. Is this real or fake i have his contact number and everything he called me off of a different number than what he is texting me off of

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Nicholas, this was in fact a scammer calling you. The real PCH will never call our major winners nor notify them by standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report any details you have about that scam call to us at this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. I also encourage you to check out these safety tips for some great info on what to watch for: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips. Stay safe everyone!

3. Doreen Bannen says:

I received an instant message on FB from a Danielle Lam using same picture as your worker telling me I won…….How do you know if it is a scammer or not making their own profile????

4. Pch thanks for this useful game

5. I received an email from “Andrew Goldburg” telling me I was a prize winner. Is this real?

6. M.E. Mixon says:

Tried to Scam 70 year old Woman today (04/06/2016), with a very good looking Letter. Called & talk to a John Ellah & another there is another man name on the Letter Erik Lawson. They said they would Email me a form for me to sign. The form has in small print right before the part of Official Use Only, Processing fees of ($1,250 USD| One Thousand Eight Hundred and fifty Dollars. They Couldn’t even get the fees right that they wanted to charge you to Process there Scam. The Confidential is stamp is not clear. Another they won’t get any money from. Want to turn my paper work over to someone who would go after these sick people & prosecute these fraudsters & get them into a jail.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi, I’m sorry to hear the scammers have contacted you. Here are some facts: You never have to pay to claim a PCH prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, standard mail, or on Facebook. You can report all scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We provide numerous videos, blogs, and tips to recognize these scammers: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe!

7. Mdk says:

Another scam today, tried to scammy 85 year old mother.
    Wanted $ sent to 135 Oakland 33rd, fairfield, me 04937. Used the names andre goldberg, and William jeleson. Hope someone can use this to prosecute these fraudsters.