Catching Up With Real PCH Winner Doug O’Shea

Doug O'Shea

If you’ve been reading our blog, then you know that our PCH “Winning Moments” are filled with palpable excitement! But have you ever wondered how the thrill of winning affects our big SuperPrize winners once the Prize Patrol van has left and the “Big Check” is hanging on the wall?  A few weeks ago, we caught up with past PCH winner Stephanie Gornichec here on the blog. Today, we’re catching up with Doug O’Shea, who won $100,000 “Tax-Free” from Publishers Clearing House back on April 30, 2011.

It’s been over two years since the Prize Patrol traveled to Doug’s hometown of Lake Elmo, Minnesota on a rainy day and waited four hours in the Prize Patrol van to surprise him with balloons, champagne, roses, and most importantly a $100,000 “Tax Free” prize!  We were very excited to catch up with Doug and find out how things have changed since he became a real PCH winner.

Doug memorably recalled what he was thinking when he saw the Prize Patrol van. “It was shocking. We never thought that would happen to us. We saw the vans and thought that you were stopping to ask for directions!” Then he remembered a PCH online promotion he’d responded to with Dave Sayer’s picture on it that said, “Remember my picture because I will be delivering the Big Check.”  He exclaimed, “I tried to remember the picture but I couldn’t, and I didn’t know if it was for real until the check was handed to me!”

Doug had been out of work for nearly two years when he was surprised by the Prize Patrol and won $100,000 “Tax-Free” from PCH.  While catching up with Doug we learned that his family is still living on only one income, so the PCH prize money has definitely come in handy paying the bills.

When asked about Publishers Clearing House prizes Doug tells people, “It is real” and to “Keep trying because you never know. You can’t win if you don’t try.”

Doug is 100% correct! The only way to win a Publishers Clearing House Prize is to enter the PCH Sweepstakes! Doug made sure he claimed his entries, and he ultimately won $100,000 “Tax-Free.” Doug’s story is proof that one day, you too could open your door to find the Prize Patrol standing there announcing that you’re the next real PCH winner!

Best of luck,

Ashley N.
PCH Intern

Other Blogs You May Like:

30 thoughts on “Catching Up With Real PCH Winner Doug O’Shea”

1. Nettie Jenkins says:

(Smiles)

2. jimmie smith says:

Can’t wait to see who wins The $7,000 Every week for life Superprize!!! I want to win this!!! Thank you PCH!!!

3. dolissa acevedo says:

Being that the next big sweepstakes is close to the holidays what would happen if the winner is in another state visiting family would there be a new winner?

4. jacob says:

talk about random! after reading about people who won there are people who believe they will win and most people who are just at awe. i truly wonder if there is any force behind these winning should i expect nothing and be surprised or expect a win and be surprised? being surprised is the part of not really knowing.

5. jimmie smith says:

I would love to win $7,000 every week for life!! Thank you PCH!!!

6. Stancio Hassan Butler Also Said…
    & I wish to be the next Monday, September 30th, 2013 PCH SuperPrize winner too.

7. Kanika Loeung says:

I wish to be the next winner.

8. Michaela G. says:

WOW!!! Thank you Ashley N., for that wonderful story, I just love it, and PCH really helped his family, what a save. Well I Just wanted to say Congratulations to Doug O’Shea and his family for this wonderful WIN from PCH too!!!

All I can say is “GOOD LUCK” to all the PCH fans that have entered everyday just like me in hopes that they will win this wonderful gift of $100,000 from PCH or any other of your wonderful PCH contest like the “$7,000 A Week for Life!” I am looking forward to seeing who wins the next BIG WIN on November 26, 2013. “GOOD LUCK” everyone, even though the odds are high what fun just trying to WIN MEGA SUPER BIG from PCH!!!

9. Stancio Hassan Butler Also Said…
    And, I also want to congrats to Real PCH Winner Doug O’Shea’s wife when she never do her rise factor exercise: yoga before. I also still waiting for my turn for the Prize Patrol to come to Fairfax, VA. on Monday, September 30th, 2013 also. Thank You Also & God Bless