“It Really Does Happen. You Are Real” – Michelle Curtis

11_13_Michelle Curtis

At Publishers Clearing House we always love giving away big money. But I have to admit I love it even more around the holidays! Lucky PCH sweepstakes entrants who win around the holidays always seem to be even more excited to have that surprise cash windfall. That certainly was the case with the $10,000 winner we surprised on November 7th!

With my Prize Patrol uniform on, Big Check and van sign in hand, I made my way to Dunkirk NY, which is about one hour outside of Buffalo.  I guess you could say I thought it was “business as usual”… but little did I know that this winner would have one of the best reactions I personally have ever experienced on the Prize Patrol!

It doesn’t happen often but once in a while the Prize Patrol knocks on the wrong door. Well, it ends up that Michelle Curtis recently moved a few houses down from her old address which we found out from the neighbor who we unintentionally surprised!  Luckily she kindly led us in the right direction.

When I finally arrived at the CORRECT house, Michelle opened her door in a sleepy fog. It took her a minute to grasp what was happening – the Prize Patrol was at her door with a BIG CHECK for $10,000! Once it sunk in she exclaimed “I just woke up. It’s been about seven years of entering (PCH contests) and never thought I’d win,” she said. Michelle managed to get those great quotes out in between her screaming, jumping, crying, and shouting!  “It really does happen. You Are Real!”

She was SO excited for her big PCH win that she called her friends and neighbors who ended up joining the celebration. Her emotions were overwhelming … the camera crew, news station, friends and I were all in tears. You could tell this money was truly needed. As we soon found out, Michelle was due for some GOOD news in her life as she has suffered from five strokes and has heart issues.

When the Prize Patrol left to go home, the first thing Michelle did was get dressed and go to the bank! She also said she planned on framing the BIG Check and hanging it up on her wall. What would YOU do with the Big Check if you won the PCH Sweepstakes?

Remember, you could get to experience the Prize Patrol showing up at YOUR door if you enter the PCH Sweepstakes! We will be on the road again in just a few weeks for our November 26th Special Early Look prize event so make sure to enter while there’s still time!

Story about Michelle Curtis from the local news!

danielle

Danielle Lam
Prize Patrol Elite

26 thoughts on ““It Really Does Happen. You Are Real” – Michelle Curtis”

1. Greg Driessen says:

Danielle I would love to see you and the rest at my front door on the 25th. Everyday I am praying for my prays to answered I beleave and that they will be. Greg

2. ANDREA. HARRIS says:

Hello!! To all you blog readers out there……, hi! I’m a great big! Huge! Royal and loyal! Super! Number one Fan! Of the P.C.H. and the super Prize patrol Elite Team. “Congratulations to Penny F. In Ct.”. Drawings are at random…just like B I n g o!! And getting your entries way before the deadline at a timely manner. I think to myself…what does it take to win?? I’m going to keep entering faithful ly with out fail. Enter until the day I win!! And be SET FOR LIFE!! Or DIE!! Trying and not give up and not win any great big huge prize and be set for life. And keep on struggling with life and bills to pay, and starve to death…. when you have nothing to eat for days because your money runs out….your insides in your body begins to eat away at itself, very dangerous but, what do you do when you have no $money$ and no food to eat at home. I know that I will never win the P.C.H. and win the the huge SET FOR LIFE PRIZE!! Never be me. It’s always…always…always…act. always a millions times over….someone and or somebody else. And not me. Yes, I am real as real as anybody else on this earth. But, it will never happen to me. Good luck to everyone on the June 30th 2014th next drawing. Sincerely: MS. ANDREA HARRIS.

3. demarcuscharacter says:

Would you guys come to Atlanta cuz some one told me that I am please say i i please say its not s

4. Anthony l conner says:

Shhhh… they are coming.

5. Craig Reed says:

I have been playing PCH for s long time. If I won that big check, things sure would be a dream come true and I am not sure I would believe what my own eyes were seeing! To have the Prize Patrol Elite at my door would be so wonderful, it would seem unreal. I’d like to thank everyone at PCH for always being so nice and especially giving me a chance to be financially comfortable. What a life that would be! Good luck to all of us and a great big thanks to PCH.Craig R.

6. Judith Harris says:

If I won the big check? I would get out of debt once and for all. I would buy myself a place of my own to live in. That would be so nice to have that. I have so many places that I have wanted to help, children with cancer and lieukemia, disabled veterans, people with Traumatic Brain Injury, Veterans and Civilians. I have so many dreams that I CAN and will bring to reality with the revenue should it come my way. Until that happens, I have a wealth of prayer and today, that, I can do. I do know how to budget, on three levels below poverty income that I presently have, which I am grateful for, I masterfully budget. That is more than I can say for eeehhhh hem, small voice here, uuummm, congress.

Humbly,