My Experience Working at Publishers Clearing House!

2_5_Dillon and Danielle Lam

The phrase, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” has never been more true to me than right now. As a brand new employee working at Publishers Clearing House, I am still learning a lot about the company and the way it works. However, prior to working here, I can honestly say that I knew nothing about PCH. (Besides, of course, the theatrical deliveries of BIG Checks the Prize Patrol made to people’s front doors!) Little did I know, there was SO much more involved in the everyday work grind that makes Publishers Clearing House such a successful company.

From my very first day, I felt like “part of the family”. The friendliness of my new colleagues made me feel right at home — and sparked my urge to dive right in. I’m working as a Promotion Development Analyst under someone you know very well —Danielle Lam, from the Prize Patrol Elite! (I know, I know, I’m a lucky girl!) I was thrilled when she told me about all the fun and different tasks I would be helping out with. Like getting to go on Prize Patrol trips! In case you missed my first blog, I was lucky enough to deliver $10,000 to PCHlotto winner Dave Raffa just the other day! It was awesome! I can’t wait to take part in MORE adventurous trips around the country to award winners with money and happiness!

2_5_PCHlotto Winner

You’re all probably wondering what it’s like working under Danielle. The answer is AMAZING! She’s as friendly and sweet as she looks in her pictures. And her ability to enjoy herself while staying focused is inspiring to me. Especially in a work environment where things can sometimes get tedious and regular, Danielle manages to exude a fun attitude and contagious positivity.

I could not be happier to work for such a wonderful company and team. I cannot wait to see what Publishers Clearing House has in store for me, and to show them what I can bring to the table. So far, my journey has been a short one, but I can tell already that great things will happen during my time here at PCH!

Dillon H.
Promotion Development Department

P.S. Drop me a line and say hello in the comments section below! Let me know if you have any other questions for me!

Other blogs you may like:

Behind-The-Scenes At A Family Company!

A Family Business: Our Roots Continue!

140 thoughts on “My Experience Working at Publishers Clearing House!”

1. pauline mcpherson-thomas says:

Well let me first say I totally agree that u shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, it’s never what u think it is… And Congrad’s on your job, u have a very good and exciting job, I hope u the best & it’s ALL what u hope it will be, good luck to u… Listen bring my some Luck so I can be ur next Winner lol…..

2. pauline mcpherson-thomas says:

Well u have an exciting job, wish u luck with ur new job…

3. Igor says:

Many people is going to fuictnon some sort of post the moment, when everybody would not whip a fabulous route to his or her’s home, that they responds the identical process.

4. Imed says:

There are 4 equal parts > 1 part tricycles and 3 parts bilycces.So, number of bilycces = 3* (number of tricycles).Every tricycle contributes three wheels and every bicycle contributes two wheels.Let number of tricycles = T; and number of bilycces = B.Then,total number of wheels = 3 T + 2 B; that is 45 = 3 T + 2 B; that is (by substitution) 45 = 3 T + 2 (3 T ) 45 = 3 T + 6 T 45 = 9 T , and we then divide both sides by 9 (or multiply by 1/9) to get 5 = T.So, there are 5 tricycles, and therefore 3*5 bilycces = 15 bilycces.Check: 5*3 + 15*2 = 15 + 35 = 45.(Oh, why do we math people get stuck on using the variables x and y? Are not the first letters of the words, when they make sense, more natural?)

5. Nezha says:

I continue to exncirepee an Omnibox bug on Samsung Series 5 Wifi(aka SAMS ALEX ALPHA-US)When applying a colored theme to Chrome, the Omnibox becomes shaded and is no longer white.e.g. The black Glow theme turns the Omnibox grey. The blue Gradient theme turns the Omnibox light blue.This makes it more difficult to read URLs and search results in the Omnibox.Same issue exists on Beta Channel.Please fix so Omnibox always remains white no matter what Chrome theme is used.

6. pauline mcpherson-thomas says:

Yes that’s how I was raised Never Judge a Book by its cover,because its never has it appears, or that things happen & sometimes its out of ur Control…

7. suzanne shafer says:

Hello Dillion good luck working with Danielle she is sweet as she looks I’m sad we didn’t win but I’m not giving up in here penny is the same reason why I’m still searching she needed a home just like me just we already have to move the government hasn’t gotten us a house yet I filed for housing sept 2013 still know house for us ? In going to go search and win play my games and just stop worrying about bills and my test results from my obgyn they were abnormal I am going to find out why tomarrow if this means I have cancer cervical cancer I’m going to be upset I have kids to cate for a house we need desperately I am probably going g to have to be scheduled for surgery asap I’m scared but yet I need take care if me so I can take care of the kids well good luck penny I’m really happy for you wish I could be the one but god chose you and your family if 4 for a reason

8. “I am so happy for you!I’m sure you will do really good at your work, you have great people to work with! and they will help you learn everything you need to do for your part in such a great company!

9. Vicki Weaver says:

Hi Dillion ! IT IS SO SUPRIZEING How much you and Danielle look so much a.like!!! You both so Pretty. Good Luck and I hope you all have a wonderful time. It must be so much fun get to see so many Places in the U.S.A.! I hope I will getting to see you with PRIZE Team.

10. william wood says:

Good morning pch,and Dillon,congratulations to you for being on the team, I hope to meet you tomorrow, with Danielle Dave and Todd, please I’m so pump for tomorrow and excited aboutwhat’s going to happenI’ve put in so much work with this round,I hope and pray that my dream come true there is so much to dowhen I win I can accomplish so much in life.