PCH Gives Back – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® Golf Outing

PCH Gives Back At St Jude Children's Research Hospital Event
To end the “week of giving” here at the blog, we’re sharing a story of
PCH employees who recently gave back by participating in the
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® golf outing.
It’s a story you won’t want to miss!

Hey blog readers!

One of the greatest things about working here at Publishers Clearing House is that we have so many ways to give back to the community. In addition to making dreams come true for our many winners, we also love making dreams come true for charities, too. Especially when those charities are as amazing as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

And I’m so happy to say that just recently, I had the distinct pleasure of volunteering at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital “Father & Son” golf outing with a few of my coworkers. The event was held on September 26th at the Mill River Country Club in Oyster Bay, NY – and the minute I saw the crisp green lawn and awe-inspiring mansion I just knew this event would be something remarkable.

As someone who loves to give back and is passionate about the work that St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does for children across America, I was eager and excited to get to work. We quickly started putting together “goodie” bags for all the attendees, and even formed an assembly line to maximize our time. In addition to pamphlets containing important information about St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the work that they do, attendees were given all the necessities needed for a day at the course. Golf balls, ball markers and golf towels, all emblazoned with the logo of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, were included.

After the assembly line, Sam (a PCH employee who works in our Creative Department) and I were whisked away to go help set up the merchandise tables. A variety of apparel and other merchandise were for sale and it was our responsibility to set up the display. I folded the shirts, while Sam used his creative eye to display them (Thank goodness for that as he did a MUCH better job than I ever could!). Brooke and Kathleen (two other PCH employees who were with us that day) were helping with registration for the big event.

Later in the day, Brooke and Kathleen manned the “Hole in One” hole! Golfers who put in a donation had the chance to take a shot. If they were lucky enough to get a hole in one, they were rewarded with an AMAZING prize: a brand new car! It was so awesome seeing people having fun while a ton of money was being raised for the charity!

I guess that popular saying “time flies when you’re having fun” is true, because before I knew it, it was time to go home. We walked away feeling GREAT and proud to be a part of such a wonderful event.

As you read earlier this week on the blog, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is one of 3 charities that are participating in Publishers Clearing House’s The Give Back this year! So even if you aren’t able to participate in a golf outing or other volunteer event, you can head to the PCH Fan Page on Facebook and still show your support. Remember, we’re giving away over $100,000 to charity and you can vote every single day for the charity YOU want to win our grand prize: $50,000 CASH!

Whether you vote for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, The ASPCA®, or the USO, one thing is for sure: you too will walk away knowing YOU made a difference!

About St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital — St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.  St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers, and treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to 80 percent since St. Jude opened more than 50 years ago.  St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.

The Give Back promotion will run from October 28, 2013 – November 25, 2013.  St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, USO (United Service Organizations) and The ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) will each receive a guaranteed minimum contribution of $25,000. The maximum contribution for the winning charity is $50,000.

Sarah S.
Social Media

Other Blogs You May Like:

108 thoughts on “PCH Gives Back – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® Golf Outing”

1. Joseph Nsoah says:

YES YES YES PCH, I’M ENTERING TO CONFIRM THE PROMISE OF GIVING BACK TO ST JUDE KIDS RESEARCH AND, ETC, I REALLY MEAN WHAT I HAVE SAID. , IF I WIN I WILL DO WHAT I SAID, I HOPE THE PRIZE PATROL WILL COME TO MY FRONT DOOR AND KNOCK MY DOOR FOR MY DREAM COME TRUE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

2. Kimberly weeks says:

would Love To make a charitable contributions

3. Joseph Nsoah says:

HI MY NAME IS JOSEPH NSOAH –03062 YESS YES YES ACTIVATE THE SEQUENCE VERYFICATION CODE,V -3080 ACTIVATE PRIZE ENTRY ACTIVATE MY CODE V -3080 TO WIN APRIL 30TH 2015,PLUS CAN YOU HELP ME CLAIM AND ACTIVATE, P C H VERIFICATION CODE V -3080 10,000.000.00. PLUS 3577,1,000.000.00 I AM WAITING FOR THE PRIZE PATROL TO HIT MY DOOR AND I WILL LIKE TO GIVE $100,000, AND FIFTY $50,000 WILL BE PAID TOWARDS THE CHILDREN CANCER RESEARCH AND $50,000.00 THE MEDICALS FOR TREATMENTS, PLUS NOT ONLY FOR ST JUDE BUT ,THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, I WILL GIVE $50,000 TOWARDS EMERGENCY RESPOND ,AND THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION & THE DIEBETIC RESEARCH , I ALSO HAVE A WOUNDED SOLDER IN MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW SO I UNDER STAND WHAT VETERANS ARE ABOUT, I WILL GIVE $100,000.00 FOR THE DISABLE SOLDERS, GIVING TO THE CHURCH IS MY GOAL ,NOT JUST MY CHURCH , BUT THERE ARE SOME OF THE CHURCHES DOING WELL GOING ABROAD TO TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE IN SUDAN AND ISRAEL, WE HAVE A GOOD JOB TO DO AFTER I HAVE PAID OFF ALL MY DEPT GET THE BIG HOUSE AND SECURE MY LARGE FAMILY, I WILL DEPOSIT OR SAVE SOME GOOD AMOUNT IN THE ANNUITY BANK FOR MY LEGACY FOR MY KIDS, AND SAVE SOME FOR THEIR COLLAGE, AND MY DEGREE ,I HAVE REGISTERED A COMPANY AND WE WILL MAKE SURE OUR BUSINESS WILL BE STRONG, THE COMMUNITY,SUPPORT WORK,IS OUR FAMILY PRIORITY , NOW MY SON IS GOING TO HELP ME WITH ALL HIS SKILLS FROM THE ARMY AND WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER , FOR HIM TO BE HAPPY AS WELL, THESE ARE MOST OF THE REASONS WHY I REALLY CANT WAIT TO GET THE WHOLE FAMILY TOGETHER IN ONE BIG LARGE HOUSE, SO ALL OF THEM WILL BE COMFORTABLE, AT ONE PLACE, LAST WEEK WE ALL WENT OUT WITH TEENS TO THE PARK AND PLAYED SOCCER ,MY DAUGHTER , AND HER FRIENDS LOVE IT SO MUCH, AND THEY ARE THINKING OF FORMING A SOCCER TEAM( WOW) I THINK WITH THE HELP OF PCH OFFICIALS OUR FAMILY WILL SEE OUR DREAM THANK YOU ,FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENTS.I WANT TO CLAIM MY ELIGIBILITY TO WIN MY UNIQUE SUPER PRIZE GWY 4900 TO WIN MY DREAM , THE VOUCHER NO ID 485762, PRIZE ACCESS ID 4900, PKGL1300 W70 PCW71 PCW252 SW24900 V-3080 ,5035JN 100.00 INITIALS,5166,5164,PCH ACTIVATE THE ACTIVATION SEQUENCE 47 01 HYBRID V0101 ,US7797036B2, WITH THE FILLING DATE MARCH 14 /2015 PRIORITY DATE ,NOVEMBER 30TH 2014 WAS PUBLISHED AS US 8626276, US 200601165593,WELL PCH PLEASE ACTIVATE I WANT TO WIN YES I WANT WIN AN D SEE THE PRIZE PATROL TO COME AND HELP ME SO I CAN PAY MY DEPT AND BE MORE EFFECTIVE ON LINE BECAUSE THINGS ARE NOT EASY AS I HAVE EXPLAINED WE ARE COMING FROM A VERY FAR AND LONG RACE BUT I TRIED KEEP GOING BUT THE FACT IS MY HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS, AND CO PAYMENTS AN ONLINE REGISTRATIONS WITH MY BACK PAINS AND DEPRESSIONS NOW I THINK I HAVE MIGRAINE, SYMPTOMS.A VERY SEVERE PAINS AND HEADACHE, PLEASE ACTIVATE, SO MY DREAM CAN COME TRUE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN,I WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH UNTIL THE PRIZE PATROL COME AND KNOCK MY DOOR JOSEPH NSOAH (,03062)

4. Carla M Antee says:

Win i win 10 million I would Love to make a donation 10,000,000.00 Gwy No. 4900

5. Carla M Antee says:

I would Love To make a charitable contributions

6. Thank you Publishers Clearing House for giving back to St.Jude Children Research we couldn’t have done it without your help God Bless to all the kids in need

7. Dante Wright says: