Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

04_01_stop_scam

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please report it immediately using our Scam Incident Report.

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

845 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. Susan Willingham says:

These low life’s will never be stopped but I do have a suggestion. Keep a very loud shrill whistle handy and blow very hard I to the speaker of your phone. We may not stop them but hopefully their hearing will be impaired!!

2. Thank you, That clears a lot of things up for me.

3. Marlene Peterson@att.net says:

I received a call from Bill Jackson saying I won 2.5M and a new car, I this a scam, he also said I would have to Pay $900 in taxes when the money is deiivered

4. Brenda Sims says:

I noticed a comment from someone who received a phone call from Jamaica, so I thought I would add my story of the contact I received today on my cell phone from 1-876-441-1479 in Jamaica. The man said, “Hello, Miss Brenda Stone.” (First clue: He didn’t have my name right.) “This is Mr. James, you know, from The Publishing Clearing House.” (Second clue: He didn’t say the name of your company right.) “I’m calling you to notify you about a regarding which we have here at the Publishing Clearing House.” (Third clue: That makes absolutely no sense.) “Your number was randomly selected as the First Place Winner of 3.5 million dollars along with a brand new car.” (Fourth clue: I haven’t entered a sweepstakes.) “For furthermore information, you need to contact us back on our toll free number. That is 1-876-441-1479. Okay? Have a blessed day.”

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Brenda, I’m so glad you knew it was not the real PCH. With our sweepstakes, you never have to pay to claim a prize. PCH does not contact winners of a major prize via phone, text, email, mail, or on Social Media. You can report these scammers to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Feel free to check out our Fraud Prevention page for tips to recognize these scammers by clicking here: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe!

5. Sally says:

I got an email from Todd Sloane stating that I have won $850,000. I need to send my information to Skynet Worldwide Express Service for them to deliver the check to me. Funny part is that they are from United Kingdom. Go Figure !!!!!

6. Nicole says:

My husband sent 100$ (that we didnt have) to a guy in Jamaica calling from 876-328-2126 i couldnt understand why but even after he sent the money the guy keeps calling saying they are an hour away…. Said they are bring a brand new car and 6 million dollars lol this is a scam

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Nicole, I’m so sorry to hear about this. It’s important for everyone to know that PCH does not contact winners via phone and you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize. Please report this scam to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH, and be sure to check out our Fraud Protection site to find out how to stay safe: http://bit.ly/PCHFraudPrevention. Stay safe!

7. Valerie Griego says:

I was contacted by PCH through email. This may be a new scam. Says I won 2 million. I was told to send my email to internal1@usa.com which I was told is IRS. I did. I received an email from the IRS from John Kioskenen. Email is asking to send a copy of photo ID name and address. Shows a certificate in email. I am weary of these kindd of things so I have not sent my info. Has anyone got anything like this?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Valerie! You were right to be suspicious. It’s important for everyone know that you never need to pay to claim a PCH prize you may have won. Also, PCH will never contact winners via phone, Facebook requests, or private messages. The best thing about PCH is that it’s free to enter and free to win! Check out this blog to find out how to prevent scammers from contacting you: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Please report any and all scams to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe!