Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

04_01_stop_scam

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please contact us at our toll-free number 1-800-392-4190. Anyone who believes they have received a suspicious email using our name and logo may forward it to our fraud-reporting mailbox, abuse@pch.com.

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

706 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. Dave says:

I got an email saying that I had won a 3rd place prize of $10M, then I got an email from the Chairman of the IRS saying that it was not fraud, but I would have to pay $800 for them to process paperwork before the check could be released! I have to say the IRS form did look legit.

2. Kenneth M Twillie says:

I went through the Same thing he called me and said his was Andrew goldburg and I won 1million dollars that I had to get a sender fourm for a 199.99. I reported him and they sent me a photo of a fake Danielle lam holding a check

3. Nicole Shivers says:

I received this email today and am trying to verify if it’s legitimate. I deleted the rest of the “Batch#”

Ref#: 127.219.2241
    Batch#: PCH
    PCH Sweepstakes Promo Notification May 22nd Draw Finalist.

You have been selected as one of our finalist winner on this day Dated 21/05/2016.

To claim contact our agent Ms. Deborah Holland on address ( deborah.pchinquiries@rogers.com )

Congratulation!!
    {Publishers Clearing House}

1. Cassandra says:

I got the same email today. I think it is a scam

1. Janette Garcia says:

I did too. I sent it to the scam address.

4. Kim says:

I was friended on FB yesterday by Dave Sayers. I kept a copy of the entire conversation in Word. He kind of convincing until sounded angry when I asked if he was for real and then he asked for money. I was glad to see today that he is kicked off FB at the moment. He also called and was from Ontario, NY. It still is scary because he said he was coming to my house. I hope they are only web predators not in person criminals.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Kim, you were right to ask us if it was the real Dave Sayer contacting you. It was not. No one from PCH will ever send a direct message or friend request on Facebook. Please report this scam to us by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe and informed PCH Fan’s!

5. Marie says:

I received a call this morning fro a Mr. John Prescott saying he was from PHC. I had a hard tine understanding him. Again, this gentleman gave me several numbers to write down, and a number to call to claim my 2.5 million dollars. When I did not call it he called me back in 10 minutes. I have blocked his number. I don’t think it will last long. They will just call back from another number.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hey Marie! I am really happy that you knew that it was not the real PCH who contacted you! We never notify major winners over the phone or through standard mail, email or Facebook. We would really appreciate if you would send us the details of this scam call you received. PCH does not send private Facebook messages to our fans so please complete a Scam Incident Report. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. There are a lot of scammers out there who use the good name and reputation of PCH, as well as the names of those of us on the Prize Patrol. Please be careful everyone!!

6. Linda says:

I just received a call from someone saying they were with PCH and his name was Michael Davis and gave me all these numbers to write down. Then he wanted me to go to a Western Union and send them $399 to somewhere in Columbia. He kept insisting that this was not a scam!! I finally hung up. BEWARE!! The call came from Jamaica….that was the first clue..

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Linda, we are ELATED that you were not fooled by these scammers who illegally use our reputable name! We want everyone to know, PCH will not contact you by phone to tell you that you have won. Please send any information you still have about the scammers by completing a scam incident report. Click this link to find out how: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. Stay safe and informed PCH Fan’s!

7. tina short says:

Ive been called a total of 77 times by a fake andrew goldburg.if i didnt answer he left vms. I reported him via phone to pch and told him i did. It didnt phase him. His contact numbers were from jamacia. He insisted it was jamacia ny. It was not!! Area code was jamacia. He finally stopped after 7 days. I wish i could find this scum and teach him a lesson.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Tina, we want everyone to enjoy their PCH experience; please don’t let the scammers take away from the fun and excitement we have to offer. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and support as a fan and encourage you to keep trying for your chance to become our next big winner. Here are all of the ways you can enter each day: http://bit.ly/Enter-A-PCH-Sweeps. Keep in it to win it!