Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

04_01_stop_scam

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please contact us at our toll-free number 1-800-392-4190. Anyone who believes they have received a suspicious email using our name and logo may forward it to our fraud-reporting mailbox, abuse@pch.com.

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

198 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. mary b says:

i also recieved a call today they said am from pch well i’ll be waiting for you at my door hahaha it was funny oh they said i won 500,000,000 wow pch don’t give out that much i knew it was scam also hahahah funny.

2. Pingback: Hawkins Law PC
  3. Roy Hubbard says:

I received a package from Publisher’s Clearing House for a item that I did not order on line. It was, in fact, from Publisher’s Clearing House.
    when I order things on line I pay for them right then.
    I did get caught up in the massive web of sales pitches and advertisements that represents Publisher’s Clearing House on line and I did look at items but I did not provide any credit information or payment for anything.

4. Linda says:

I was just now involved in a PCH scam on Facebook. It was a Friend Request and message from Todd Sloan, along with his picture. I knew right away that it was a scam, but I played along. He immediately wanted the name on my credit card, but when I asked why, he said “to wire $10,000 weekly”. When I refused and asked why PCH wasn’t at my door with flowers and balloons, he, obviously, became very angry with comments like:

“There is always a behind the scene of every winner.”
    “I need the necessary information to place on your P14 Form”
    I replied: “I will tell you whatever you need when you come to my door with flowers and
    my prize”.
    “I’m not here to pull your leg.”
    “I’m not here to play games with you, so if you want your prize, you tell me now!!”
    “In order for you to receive your prize, you need to cooperate, OK?”

So others, please beware. This guy was quite obviously so fake and able to see right through. So don’t you fall for it either.

5. tamara says:

I got scamed for $l000. They said i had 2 pay 2 seals, i won l2 million & 20l5 Mercedes, a whole team of people called me, andy from bank of america, mr. John fernandez badge # l977 & sharona grant badge # us5920 from publishers clearing house & tony lang from the f.b.i phone# 876.587.95l2. He had me 2 change my phone # 2 b sure the phone wasn’t bugged by hackers. As a matter of fact tony is still using the same number like it’s his business #. He had me send $500 to phydosia campbell, Westmoreland, jamaica, wi, then he wanted me 2 pick up $488 from a woman named myrtle asberry, rola, mo #76264803, that’s when i realized i got beat, because this person wasn’t n the system @ money gram. We had many conversations about me being a single parent on a fixed income, they knew i couldn’t afford 2 b robbed, but they obviously they didn’t care about me nor my children & how we would live after their deceit. I believed them, they were very convincing & i fell for it. They got $500 b4 Christmas & 500 two weeks ago & i am truly paying 4 my mistake. I didn’t c the scam 4 what it was @ the time because i wanted/needed the money. U live & u learn. They said i won a contest from pch a program that they had 4 single women who pay their bills on time, but it was fake, so I’m wondering how did they get my name & number also how did they know that i was a single mother. Where/how did they get my info. In order 2 scam me?? They didn’t just pull my info out of the air. These losers r in jamaica playin/preying on us like animals & this last guy tony lang has the audacity 2 still continue usin his same phone number & answering the phone (claims, Tony Lang). Even if i never get my money back, i want these people 2 pay 4 what they r doing 2 us, no matter what, God sees all & i am a child of God, they have truly messed wit the wrong one. They may b usin fake names & numbers 2 deceive us, but God knows exactly who they r, it was unjust & unfair, God hates deceit of n.e kind, so trust & believe @ sum point n time n their sorry, poor, loser lives, God will make them pay, so i hope they enjoy the $l000. They took from my children & myself, i hope they enjoy/have fun with it, cuz i promise, they will pay. I don’t wish harm, hurt, nor evil on them, but i do pray that they see, feel & understand their wrong , an eye 4 an eye. How would they feel if their children had no Christmas because i thought this was going 2 give us a better life. They even pretended 2 b children of God, but if they were, their hearts wouldn’t b so empty & cold. I truly didn’t have it 2 give, but if they needed it bad enough, i would have given them something. Sharona even talked 2 me about her son & her mom. She was calling me everyday, she said because i was so nice & sweet, i truly understand her real reasons 4 pretending 2 want 2 become friends until i cursed her out like a stinkin dog, i cursed tony lang & told him he’s a sorry loser, i hope his mom is proud of his bitc.. A$$, i asked God 2 4give me 4 my wrong, but i wonder with everything n me, how will they pay 4 the wrong they are doin 2 us?? I have more info if u guys r interested, my #203.569.5070.
    Please find a way 2 stop these people from ruining your reputation/name & our lives. They use magic jack 2 pray on us, but what we need 2 know is, how are these people getting our info n order 2 prey on us??? Please help!!!

6. bama says:

I also received a call from a david walter 876-409-7702 also Jamaica please don’t be fooled.

7. DT says:

I just got a call from PCH asking me to set up time to receive my wining after sending 70 dollars to the accounting firm by western union. Numbers included 876-783-1911 and 1-876-596-4005. So called agent was David Sawyers. Once I said I was not paying the money as was going to report them, they hung up and will not answer my call backs. Please beware…

8. Mary Dunn says:

I just received a call from David Roger (876-320-5430) with PCH asking me to contact James King (876-852-3224 ext. 9) to confirm my win with my conformation # and set up a time for me to receive my prize. UPS was to meet me with my prize. Mr Rogers did say he would be with the UPS driver. When I did a reverse look up on the numbers only to find they were calling from Jamaica. I wondered to myself how long it would take to drive from Jamaica.