Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please contact us at our toll-free number 1-800-392-4190. Anyone who believes they have received a suspicious email using our name and logo may forward it to our fraud-reporting mailbox,

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

447 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. Shona Marcoux says:

I just recieved a phone call from David Moore this morning, telling me I had won $15,000… As far as I know, I’ve never entered a PCH drawing…. He says he’ll call back at 7pm tonight to see of I’ve gone to Western Union and picked up my claim number, and that the camera crews will arrive around 7:30… I didn’t give him any bank account or credit card information but I am concerned that he already knew a lot about me…just a heads up everyone… These scammers are crazy!!

2. Dean Dunstan says:

Is this email address a valid PCH one:

They emailed me today but my Gmail warned the email under suspicion of being a scam.

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

For security reasons, we had to remove the email address from your original post. However, the address you received that email from is not a legitimate PCH source. Please report the details of the scam email you received to us via the following link: As a reminder, the real PCH doesn’t notify major winners via email, social media, standard mail or phone, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

1. Dean Dunstan says:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I reported them via the link that you have provided. I’ve been clicking on their links to submit an entry for months now and I’m sad to find out that it’s a scam.

Their links redirect you to the PCHsearch&win homepage and to the PCHlotto games, so I’m not sure if my previous entries are actually valid or not. This is disappointing.

3. Robin Gilligan says:

Is John Ervin part of pch? and what is the lucky Star? this came as a e-mail to me and said I was a winner.

4. Gloria I. Brown says:

I got a Friend request yesterday. I did get a little excited, but then realized it was a “joke”. It’s ok. I am in no way shape or form discouraged from continuing to play.I enjoy it :) I will await my time. Good Luck everyone!

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We are happy to hear that you’re not letting a scammer deter you from entering for your chance to become a winner! Please report any scammer who contacts you. You can report it to PCH via this link: To see all of the ways you can enter for your chance to win, click here: Good luck to you and all who enter!! :)

5. they or in boxing me now saying I WON a BMW Car and a million Dollars. LOL

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

As I’m sure you know, that wasn’t the real PCH who contacted you. We don’t notify winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media. We also never ask for money to claim a prize. If you haven’t already done so, please report the scam contact you received to us via this link: Be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

6. Branden Vega says:

This is the exact email they sent me this morning at 4:30am. From a Ken Williams.

Email Ref#: 0932456775111

PCH Email Sweepstakes Dated 17th of November 2015

We the Publishers Clearing House are using this medium to inform you that you have emerge our lucky star prize winner Dated 17th of November 2015.

For claims verification contact our agent on this specified email address ( providing your name, address, email id and phone number.

Publishers Clearing House (PCH)

1. Tiffany says:

I have the same email to

1. Chelsea Allen says:

Got the same one today too! Those a holes!

2. Cynthia says:

I just received the same email today from a Kent Erwin saying that I was the Lucky Stars winner. I sensed that it was a scam – so I’m glad that I looked at this blog. I wonder how they got my email address …. Cynthia

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We are so happy that our blog helped you to realize the scammer who contacted you wasn’t real! Please report all scam contacts to PCH via this link: I also encourage you to check out these Safety Tips for more helpful info on protecting yourself: Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

7. Even Steven says:

I recently received a letter from PCH “OFFICIAL REWARD NOTICE” mailed to my home address, (no return address on envelope) notifying me I was a second place winner and to claim my $2,5000,000.00 I had to call the claims mgr. and 2 phone numbers are given. I was told by Jennifer Wilson to deposit the check which was in the amount of $4,980. which in the letter states is to cover insurance and attorney fees, but when I asked what the purpose of the check was she said it was to cover taxes, I asked what taxes and I would pay the taxes when I received the winnings. She then told me I had to deposit the check asap and then I asked what happens after that and she told me to call back with the same security code that was included in the letter which I had already given her. I went on line today to read about this particular scam. The check enclosed was from a sponsor from Canada which is supposedly another scam where they also steal from this company as well as the winner.

1. gww3 says:

I just received the same letter today but my check is for $7,780.30. I have not called but went straight on-line. Figured it was a scam.

8. Sarort Yeang says:

I receive a $20 check that I won but only have my first name on the check and I can’t cash it. Why? Is it a scam?

9. kevin says:

I just got a call pch from jamica. ask for my cell phone number and a fees of 250 dollars. suppose to send money to Ricard who lived in some other state. at first it private number. then it say jamica and It ask for my phone number and I gave it. then I realize it a scam!!!!!!! can they do any thing with name and phone number??? can they steal your informations.?

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

We are sorry to hear that you were contacted by a scammer. There’s not much a scammer can do with just your name and phone number as this kind of information is already public. Do not give a scammer any detailed information such as your social security number or bank account number. Please report this scam call to us via the following link: Check out these Safety Tips for some helpful info on how to protect yourself: Please be careful everyone; don’t become a scammer’s victim!

10. someone says:

I received an email from a Carmen Cox saying I won $500,000. They asked for my name and address and telephone number. In follow up, they asked for more info — occupation and country. Said they were launching Publishers Clearing House in India, and that was the reason they were running the contest. They said to write down the parcel # so a courier company could deliver to me. I think they said they collected all that info for the courier company to be able to deliver. They never asked for money, but I still sense it’s a scam. PCH said they don’t email you about the major prizes, so I’m guessing it is.

1. Tamika Morris says:

I just got the exact message. So now I really know its a scam