Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

04_01_stop_scam

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please contact us at our toll-free number 1-800-392-4190. Anyone who believes they have received a suspicious email using our name and logo may forward it to our fraud-reporting mailbox, abuse@pch.com.

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

129 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. BILL says:

SCAM
    send Jerry Wells $499.00 at 6151 w powerhouse rd wa 98908 to recive my winning 1.1mil and a car
    5096719428 WASHINGTON on caller ID

2. Juci_Shockwave says:

Another great tip is to use Google Maps and map the addresses that are on the checks. I searched the addresses and what I got were street views of parks, warehouses, schools and even an abandon church. LOL It was so funny. At least I know the addresses of some of the schools in certain cities throughout the country. It will come in handy if I ever move to those places, so no real lost for me.

3. Lyly says:

How do you contact people who have won one of the lesser prizes (instant win for example)?

4. Eddie Warren says:

Today I received a call from “Reverend” Mike Taylor at PCH to inform me that I won 2.5 million and just had to send him the taxes in advance. He gave me his phone number, which I tested and it actually does connect to him: 1-876-382-1939.

5. Linda says:

Is the $12.99 fee or $15.99 rush processing fee to be paid to ANC legit?

6. Nelly Ding says:

I got a call from 281 671 7825 and the lady is still calling and calling right now. told me that I won 850,000 and they notified me via mail 12 months ago but since I did not reply and if I still want to collect the prize I should go to western union and wire 298.26 to a Doris Page in Bend Oregan who will then hold the prize money until end of the year. She asked whether my husband is well and I told her that he passed away. Then she kept mentioning god and asked my religion and how she only wants to help, kept mentioning that it is legitimate not a scam. I think the scammers target seniors. Luckily this senior has the presence of mind to ask the son who gave me this website and also reminded me that a cheque gets stale after 6 months. Call is not from Jamaica this time.

7. Shelly Long says:

I have had them call me 2 days in a row from the Jamaica number… The second day they were asking me crazy questions like if I believe in Jesus Christ, but I am really saddened by the fact they are really fooling people and taking there hard earned money… a lot of old people are falling for this and it makes me sick!!

8. Pam Thompson says:

The scammed called from 876-485-4697 (Jamaica) he said his name was peter Sherman and that I had won $750.000 and that in order to receive my price I had to go buy a green dot money packet card andadd $250 to it .he said to call him when i get the card .I DID not buy the car but I told him I did. ( I wanted to see how far he would go to get that $250 )..when I called him back and put me on the phone with a woman named mary (she was with the IRS .to collect the $250 for the 1% taxes on the money..lol…I wanted to see the next step they would take when they couldn’t get me to give them the number off the back of the green dot card.. (that I did not buy ) they saI’d they would meet me at my back to verify this prize money was real and when he realized I wasn’t falling for it..he told me he would call me back in the morning ..he said he would wire me $10,000 of the money to western union to prove the money prize was real…lol I told him he sure was working hard for the $250 ..anyways I can’t wait for him to call me back with the tracking number to receive that 10,000 ..this is hillarious…lol

1. Enid says:

Aww shucks too funny. Let me know what happend

9. Linda says:

The scammer called from 876-296-5290 and wanted me to go to Western Union and send them $289.69 for 1% of prepayed taxes that wasn’t paid by PCH, but $189,000 in taxes was paid by PCH. The stupid man thought I was going to do that! HA! HA!

10. Urail Mackey says:

They are also doing facebook pages using Danielle, Dave and Todd’s likenesses and they get upset when you tell them that fb does not send friend request nor require you to purchase anything to win and they will say so you are telling me I do not know the rules of the PCH contest, I have had someone try to friend me as Danielle and the last one about two weeks ago claimed to be Dave.

1. Juci_Shockwave says:

Facebook is a given. Basically all online stuff are.