Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!

Hello, Friends and Fans,

04_01_stop_scam

We at Publishers Clearing House want to bring all of you a very important message today – one that we cannot emphasize strongly enough. Please be aware that there are scammers out there claiming they represent Publishers Clearing House. Unfortunately, these scams are especially prevalent right now – when the real PCH is about to award one lucky individual a life-changing SuperPrize.

As much as we try to warn unsuspecting individuals about the difference between the real Publishers Clearing House Sweeps and an illegitimate scam, we too often learn about good, honest folks like you going through some unfortunate experiences. That is why we would like to alert you to 4 important warning signs to be aware of to help you spot the scammers and their deceitful tricks.

How to Spot Publishers Clearing House Scam

payme1. If someone contacts you claiming to be from PCH, and tells you that you’ve won a prize award – then asks you to send a payment or money card in order to claim the prize – STOP!  You have not heard from the real PCH. IT’S A SCAM! At Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free and you NEVER have to pay to claim a prize award.

email2. If you receive an email notifying you that you have won a major prize in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM! Publishers Clearing House does NOT send e-mails notifying consumers that they have won a major prize. If you win a major prize in our sweepstakes (like our February 28th SuperPrize), you’ll know when the Prize Patrol shows up at your door with the Big Check.

2_25_Phone Scam3. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House and are asked to send money, pay a fee or pre-pay taxes to enter, collect or claim a sweepstakes prize, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  You have not heard from the “real” Publishers Clearing House. The call you received was most likely from a fraudulent sweepstakes scam operation. Again, at Publishers Clearing House the winning is always free.

friendrequest4. If someone from Publishers Clearing House sends you a friend request on Facebook, DON’T BE FOOLED: IT’S A SCAM!  The Prize Patrol will NEVER send friend requests to you on Facebook. Moreover, the PCH Prize Patrol members (Danielle Lam, Dave Sayer, and Todd Sloane) never send private messages on Facebook. In addition, PCH does not notify its winners through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media website.

These are the ONLY legitimate Prize Patrol pages on Facebook:

Danielle Lam PCH Prize Patrol
Dave Sayer PCH Prize Patrol
Todd Sloane PCH Prize Patrol

For more PCH Facebook scam prevention tips, please watch this video from Prize Patrol member Danielle Lam.

If you feel you have been the victim of a Publishers Clearing House Scam, please report it immediately using our Scam Incident Report.

And don’t be embarrassed to report anything suspicious – the scammers have even tried to fool our own employees!

As always, you should always verify the information in any winner notification you may receive before making any risky moves. And if you ever have any questions, let us know! We’re more than happy to help!

Stay safe everyone, and good luck on February 28th, when we announce our next SuperPrize winner!

Debbie K.
PCH Creative

Other blogs you may like:
A Personal Example of a Publishers Clearing House Scam

Publishers Clearing House Scam Prevention Tips from Danielle Lam

906 thoughts on “Beware of Publishers Clearing House Scams!”

1. Fay M. Jenkins says:

Hello, I just got a scam telephone call. I could hardly understand the man, but he said he was from Publishers Clearing House. The phone says it was from: Shared Exch. JM. The number is: 1-876-313-7513. He said I won 2.5 million dollars and ashed me some questions. He wanted me to pay $199.00 for taxes to the IRS. I told him I didn’t have the money. He finally got exasperated with me and hung up!! LOL

1. Fay M. Jenkins says:

I forgot to tell you that his name is John Walker.

2. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Fay, we’re glad you knew that wasn’t the real PCH. As tempting as it may be, we don’t encourage anyone to engage a scammer any longer than is minimally necessary. Simply tell them you know they’re a scam and hang up. PCH doesn’t notify major winners by phone, standard mail, email, or social media, and we never ask for money to claim a prize. Please report all scam contacts to PCH via the following link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. You can also check out this FAQ for info on how you can block scammers from contacting you via Facebook: http://bit.ly/StopFBScammers. Stay safe everyone and be careful of scammers pretending to be the REAL Prize Patrol!

2. Mike Harrington says:

I was called by somebody claiming to be Robin Smith, the Chairman of Publishers Clearing House. Yes, the man himself. Personable enough, he started asking me questions about my financial status (e.g., banks, income) and my overall condition (whether I still could drive a car). Why would PCH need to know all this, I immediately thought. I told him he is running a scam. Politely, he said he’d give my winnings to my favorite charity. I doubt I’ll hear from this charity thanking me for my generous donation.

3. Bernadette Murray says:

I was asked for my Driver’s Licence Number to see if they had gotten the right prize winner…I said no..

4. Tunnels says:

FRM:Crane, Ronald
    SUBJ:hi
    MSG:Your Ph no has Won 1m USD From P.C.H 2016 end of YEAR DRAW,Contact {pchclaim12@hotmail.com} For more!! This was a text form number 1-410-200-504

5. C. Gilmore says:

Just received a phone call from a person that identified himself as UPS. He said they had a package from PCH and wanted to know if someone would be home tomorrow to accept it. Caller ID # 876-356-1542. He said that I had won a 2nd place prize of several million $ and someone needed to be home to receive the check. He then asked if I wanted to claim the prize. When I started to question him , he insisted that I needed to claim the prize. The call disconnected. A few minutes later he called back and asked again if I wanted to accept the prize. The caller ID on my phone said ” Restricted” rather than a number.

6. Anna T. says:

I just recieved this two day ago. this must be a scam.

Publishers Clearing House
    To info@pchinfo.org Dec 2 at 2:37 AM
    You have emerged email winner of 750,000.00 USD in the recent PCH Lottery.
    Kindly send your contacts to pchclaimsdepartmnt@foxmail.com

*Full Names
    *Residential Address
    *Telephone
    *Age

PCH Official Notification.
    Dave Higgins
    Claims Director

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hello Anna, we’re so happy that you knew that wasn’t the real PCH who contacted you. We will never ask for money to claim a prize. We also don’t notify winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media. Please report all scam contacts to PCH via this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We encourage everyone to review the following Safety Tips to better protect themselves from being scammed: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips

2. Larry says:

I got the same exact email today. requesting the same stuff.

7. Michele Deleonibus says:

I just received a call from 876-858-4479 asking if I would be home in the next 45 minutes as I had won a PCH prize and they were going to deliver it. I informed them that I thought it was unusual as this was my first/only notification and asked if this was a scam. He said no, but we were subsequently disconnected (I’m sure he hung up.).

1. PCH Staff PCH Staff says:

Hi Michele, We’re so happy that you knew that wasn’t the real PCH who contacted you. We will never ask for money to claim a prize. We also don’t notify winners via phone, standard mail, email, or social media. Please report all scam contacts to PCH via this link: http://bit.ly/Report-Scam-To-PCH. We encourage everyone to review the following Safety Tips to better protect themselves from being scammed: http://bit.ly/PCH-Safety-Tips