At midnight last night, the deadline for entering the $2,500 A Week “Forever” deadline quietly passed. So what’s to do while waiting to see if the Prize Patrol knocks on your door this Friday? That’s easy – get your entries in for the new $7,000 A Week for Life giveaway, then get your game on with today’s tournament game – Klondike Solitaire Classic. There are cash prizes up for grabs and double tokens for every game play.
Klondike Solitaire Classic is one of the games nearly everyone learned how to play as soon as their hands were big enough to hold a deck of cards or use a computer mouse. In fact, Klondike is the best-known solitaire game in the United States, so much so that the term “solitaire” typically refers to it. It’s also the most-played version of solitaire on computers, mobile devices, and modern iPods®.
One of the great advantages of playing Klondike Solitaire Classic on a computer is that it facilitates scoring – so you’re not just playing to win, you’re also playing for the high score. And one of the great advantages of playing Klondike Solitaire Classic at PCHgames is that you could win cash for getting that top score or earning the most tokens. So why just play online at any site when PCHgames rewards you for your gameplay – even more so on tournament days when the token payout doubles!
The more you play Klondike Solitaire Classic, the more you realize that not every game is winnable; however, there are a few tips that could help you win a bit more often.
- Turn up the first three cards in the deck before making any other moves. This gives you more potential moves, which could lead to a better choice of moving cards.
- Always move aces and twos to the foundation piles.
- Expose hidden cards. When moving cards, always try to move cards from the piles that have the most hidden (face down) cards.
- Pay attention to the order of the cards. Cards flip from the deck three at a time and you’re able to see the cards that are blocked. By playing a card from the deck, the order of the remaining cards will be different the next time you go through the deck – and this could set you up to make more important moves during the next deal.
- Don’t overthink it. Remember, you only have three minutes to play. Spending too much time pondering possible moves reduces your chances to complete the game before time runs out. Plus, you get bonus points for any time left over.
Have a great time gaming and be on the lookout for the Prize Patrol. They could be coming your way this Friday!