Greetings, fans and friends,
Did this year go by fast or what? A lot of great things happened here at PCH in 2019. We awarded over $47 Million dollars to over 620,000 winners this past year alone! In addition to PCH employees donated their time and efforts to help numerous charitable causes, a large portion of PCH’s profits go toward benefitting charitable causes. Indeed, there have been so many wonderful ways we have made 2019 a Year in Giving.
You’ve probably heard about our annual Giveback with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to help put an end to childhood cancer. In 2019, in addition to donating $150,000 to St. Jude (bringing PCH’s total donations to over $1 Million, PCHers participated in the St. Jude Walk/Run Long Island, representing our fans who were with them in spirit as part of the PCH Virtual Team. Thank you, PCH fans, for helping to support this worthy cause!
But St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital wasn’t the only charitable organization PCH helped out this past year! No, sir, and no, ma’am! Here are just a few of our 2019 volunteer efforts throughout the year:
Animal Welfare Team Events:
• Glen Cove Animal Rescue Volunteer Event
• HorseAbility Volunteer Event (pictured above)
• Almost Home Animal Rescue Volunteer Event
• Animal Refuge League, Portland, ME
Earth Day Activities and Environmental Team Events:
• Cleanup at Tackapausha Museum and Preserve
• Long Island Greenbelt Trail Maintenance
• Gantry Park Volunteer Effort
• Island Harvest Gardening Event
• PCH Community Vegetable Garden
• PCH teamed up with Rock and Wrap It Up and MOMMAS House to donating over 2,100 units of toys for needy local families.
Other Volunteer Activities:
• Fill a Backpack Event for school children in need
• Island Harvest Volunteer Day
• The INN’s (Interfaith Nutrition Network’s) Day of Thanks & Giving
• Volunteer Days at the INN (April, July and October 2019)
And this is all on top of the winter coat and Halloween costume drive, blood drives, book drive, “Stamp Out Hunger” food collection, pet supply drive, Halloween candy collection for the troops, Veteran’s Day card signing, and more!
Do you see a running theme here, friends and fans? PCH loves to give to charity! And as you can see, 2019 has been an incredible year of giving at PCH. We are so grateful to everyone involved who makes us what we do possible – and that, of course, includes all of YOU! We appreciate every one of you and consider you part of our extended PCH Family! Thank you for all that you’ve done and for all that you continue to do. Let’s make 2020 an even BIGGER Year of Giving!
Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year,